Whats next for Total War...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58500 Posts

...after the Medieval 2 expansion?

Does anyone know if there is any official word or anything?

If not, what do you think is next? I personally would like to see something dealing with China; it has an incredibly long history with multiple dynasties, and a huge empire to explore and battle over. Just imagine; you could battle the mongols, try to invade japan, and even go far south into the south pacific and northwest into russia!

I also think a Total War dealing with a fantasy setting would be pretty neat, but might offend their audience since the games seem to be based on realistic battles and stuff.

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
I'm hoping their next game will have a proper QA cycle and be based around the Napoleon era. I have no idea when that was or if you can even call it it, but that's what I'm hoping for anyway :)
TheDukeEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TheDukeEmperor
Member since 2007 • 202 Posts
I agree, I hope it will be based around the Napoleon era or the American Civil War. I have a feeling it might be since in Medieval II there were units with muskets and cannons.
Azghouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 314

#4 Azghouls
Member since 2006 • 815 Posts

I'm hoping their next game will have a proper QA cycle and be based around the Napoleon era. I have no idea when that was or if you can even call it it, but that's what I'm hoping for anyway :)BounceDK

Exactly, 1792 - 1815. The French Revolution - the age of Exploration (well that was a little earier) - when Europe 'sees' the world. I'm playing Imperial Glory which covers this era even though not superior technically as Total War however a fine substitute.

chilenito3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chilenito3
Member since 2003 • 125 Posts
I saw this ad on a magazine that if you preordered the expansion to Medievil total war 2 then.. AA I forgot.But it said something about shogun wars or something idk might be wrong im pretty forgetful
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BounceDK
I saw this ad on a magazine that if you preordered the expansion to Medievil total war 2 then.. AA I forgot.But it said something about shogun wars or something idk might be wrong im pretty forgetfulchilenito3
Shogun is the very first game in the TW series with Japanese emporers. I played that game to death. It's also the first game in the series that had assassin & spy videos :) But anyway, do ya get a free copy if you pre-order the expansion?
grarap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 grarap
Member since 2004 • 5780 Posts

During the Rome: Total War era, there were debates in forums about whether gunpowder units would work with the TW battle system. Well, MTWII has proven that it's possible, and godamn fun. I think that the next game in the series will be based in the 19th century. Napoleonic: Total War has always been a fan favourite

boyd62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 boyd62
Member since 2003 • 374 Posts

During the Rome: Total War era, there were debates in forums about whether gunpowder units would work with the TW battle system. Well, MTWII has proven that it's possible, and godamn fun. I think that the next game in the series will be based in the 19th century. Napoleonic: Total War has always been a fan favourite

grarap

There is supposed to be an announcement from CA about the next TW game, in the near future i believe.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

china would be kewl allright. id love to see it.

they could have one based around the time of the british empire.

i think the med 2 expansion is hinting that there going to be doing something based on the history of the US though...or perhaps have histories and societies that cover the whole american continent. oo that could be kewl...the aztecs and such like (i fully admit i know nothing about the history of the american continent).

whatever it is....its bound to be amazing. so far CA havent messed up at all imho.

whgresiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#10 whgresiak
Member since 2005 • 1889 Posts
I'm hoping their next game will have a proper QA cycle and be based around the Napoleon era. I have no idea when that was or if you can even call it it, but that's what I'm hoping for anyway :)BounceDK
That'd be cool, the battles would be a little too much of the same from most other RTSs though, which is what I think they're trying to stay away from, which is good, PC games need more diversity.
phalluman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 phalluman
Member since 2004 • 961 Posts

this probably isnt the best idea, but how about a modern(ish) setting?

maybe from civil war on up

the logistics are kinda nuts, but it could be fun :0

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BounceDK

phalluman
Wouldn't work as TW is all about formations :)
DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 DarkRecruit
Member since 2005 • 3391 Posts

phalluman

TW is about tons of people in groups rushing at eachother, if there was a group together in the open in moderm times, they'd get bombed. There wouldn't be "hey theres a group of people there, lets go engage them". it would be "requesting airstrike at XX,XX".

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#14 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Something from the era of 1600-1900 would be awesome, then maybe even 1900-2000....

who knows what could be next
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

[QUOTE="BounceDK"]I'm hoping their next game will have a proper QA cycle and be based around the Napoleon era. I have no idea when that was or if you can even call it it, but that's what I'm hoping for anyway :)Azghouls

Exactly, 1792 - 1815. The French Revolution - the age of Exploration (well that was a little earier) - when Europe 'sees' the world. I'm playing Imperial Glory which covers this era even though not superior technically as Total War however a fine substitute.

Imperial Glory rocks, too bad the battle sucks though :(

Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ein-7919
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts
I'd like to see a Total War game that takes place during the Warring States Period in China (y'know...the whole unification of China under the Qin dynasty thing).
Ahurigaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ahurigaan
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

Napoleonic Era definately, the only game that's set in the Napoleonic Era recently is Imperial Glory, unless there are others Ive not heard of.A Asiatic or Modern theme seems boring, one set in The America's might be interesting, but if the beginning is nothing but native americans that could be very boring and empty, so the Napoleonic Era should get some attention.

Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ein-7919

Napoleonic Era definately, the only game that's set in the Napoleonic Era recently is Imperial Glory, unless there are others Ive not heard of.A Asiatic or Modern theme seems boring, one set in The America's might be interesting, but if the beginning is nothing but native americans that could be very boring and empty, so the Napoleonic Era should get some attention.

Ahurigaan

You see, I'm exactly the opposite. I think the Asian (specifically Chinese) theme would be very interesting while an American setting would be fairly boring (unless it was predominantly naval engagements). And quite honestly, I have absolutely no interest in the Napoleonic Era.

Ahurigaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ahurigaan
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

Different People, Different Tastes.

Your AsianCentric, Im Eurocentric.

I still stand by the Napeoleonic Era, one of my favorite ages in history.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I'm fine with either in the warring states period, or the Napeoleonic Era
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mrbojangles25
Wow, lots of great replies! Sounds like everyone would just about enjoy a "napoleonic" setting. My question is this: would it include imperialism? I think it would be pretty sweet to play as the major powers for the first part (i.e. as was done in M2:TW with England, France, Spain, etc), but then you get to unlock Africa, India, and even some other powers almost so you could fight back against imperialism. You could have Ghandi as a "hero" unit!
Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ein-7919

You could have Ghandi as a "hero" unit!mrbojangles25

From the people who brought us Conan the Librarian, Underwater Bingo for Teens, and Raul's Wild Kingdom, comes:

"Next week on U62: he's back, and this time, he's mad, Ghandi II. No more mister passive resistance. He's out to kick some butt. This is one bad mother you don't wanna mess with."

Dang...thank you for bringing up Ghandi as a hero unit, Bo...that brought back some really good memories! :lol:

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]You could have Ghandi as a "hero" unit!Ein-7919

From the people who brought us Conan the Librarian, Underwater Bingo for Teens, and Raul's Wild Kingdom, comes:

"Next week on U62: he's back, and this time, he's mad, Ghandi II. No more mister passive resistance. He's out to kick some butt. This is one bad mother you don't wanna mess with."

Dang...thank you for bringing up Ghandi as a hero unit, Bo...that brought back some really good memories! :lol:

Haha no problem. We can have Ben Kingsley voice him and when he dies he says "oh god" right after the gunshot

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
Napeoleon or Mongols are cool with me. I'd settle for Shogun II, but not so much Rome II, or even medieval III.
Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
nepoleonic total war
supra_chubs04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 supra_chubs04
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I'm thinking TOTAL WAR 2200 AD. Lasers and nanotroopers :lol:
vl69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vl69
Member since 2005 • 334 Posts
I think it would be cool if the next "Total War" game will take place during the ages of European imperialism, and it whould start when Medieval 2 ends, in the conquest of spain and will deal with European major powers trying to conquer the new world, when the long campaing will actualy make Historical sense.
zaman48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zaman48
Member since 2006 • 699 Posts
yeah, i would like to see something involving gunpowder units, i wouldnt really want another game based on hand-to-hand combat i don't think
SOTE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 SOTE
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts
I want a shogun remake but any total war game would be awesome. I would like to see it expand not to just the european region but out through the whole world
Monarch117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Monarch117
Member since 2006 • 276 Posts
Check out: http://lordz.thelordz.co.uk/ its a great mod for Rome/ TBH, I really want napoleonic (that mod is awesome, but suffers from a few engine limitations, rome's modding support is pretty poor). But first and formost I want better battle ai, in Rome and for about 5 months of m2 I was really into multiplayer, was an admin of a tourney...in a clan etc, was great. BUT...mp doesn't include epic singleplayer campaign. If they can get say 60% of the fun of playing vs someone who isn't a total retard (the ai) that I play online I'll find sp so much more fun, I hate the fact the ai is so poor (at least to someone who played alot of mp so I knew all the units, how to use them, they're strengths etc)
YourOldFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 YourOldFriend
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts
A more violent rise of South American native cultures. Of course the Aztecs would be pretty dominant in numbers and tech, but the Mayans or Incans could have special tactics, powers or units to counter it. Aztecs would play classically for RTS (like GDI) and another nation would play more subtly or underhanded (Nod). I hate to make comparisons to a totally different game, but hopefully it establishes my point. Napoleonic sounds great too.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Revolution: Total War?
doyle6788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 doyle6788
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts

y'all must know that they haven't tapped the greatest market for pc games today! WWII!!! ...

ok, nvm, another WWII rts and my head might explode... not to mention the fps and junk, just move on people, i've destroyed nazism enough and will continue to do so, but on CoD2... like everyone else...