what would you want from Battlefield 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

I though this would be an intresting topic...since I think we can all assume that its coming eventually....anyway...I want....

• better Browser...they should look at mass gate (from World In Conflict) as an example of what they should achieve.
  • More vehicals...BF games always have a lot...but I think DICE should look at Desert Combat (mod for BF1942) for insperation....there were a lot of vehicals their...and many of them were just cool...like a hellicopter that serves as a mobile spawn point.
  • More Customazation / Upgrades.
  • Better map variety....a Plane focused sea map would be cool (like Coral sea) I would also like to see a jungle heavy map.
  • More Commander abilities...they should expand on the commander abilities....more offensive ones...and also some defensive ones...like he should be able to construct defensive structures like bunkers and watch towers.
  • More Squad / Squad leader abilities....it would be nice if the squad leader had some special abilities to use.
  • More destruction....BF3 will most likely support destructable enviroments since they made a big note of pointing out that the enigne supports it.
  • Slightly more realism....not like PR or OPF...but a little stronger weapons would be nice to have (especially the sniper)
  • Terrain Deformation...unfortunatly..current hardware is probably not strong enough...but I woud be very gratefull it it was included.
  • Better sound...The BF games never had a problem with this...but I woould like to see more immersive sound in the future....luckily bad Company has nice sound, so I think we are in luck.
  • A few more things...but thoe are the major ones.

Anyway...what would you like to see.
Shullian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Shullian
Member since 2008 • 184 Posts
Everything you said, but I'd like a time choose thing, where you can choose to play in the past present or future, and anyone should be able to create structures like bunkers and stuff.
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

I though this would be an intresting topic...since I think we can all assume that its coming eventually....anyway...I want....

• better Browser...they should look at mass gate (from World In Conflict) as an example of what they should achieve.
  • More vehicals...BF games always have a lot...but I think DICE should look at Desert Combat (mod for BF1942) for insperation....there were a lot of vehicals their...and many of them were just cool...like a hellicopter that serves as a mobile spawn point.
  • More Customazation / Upgrades.
  • Better map variety....a Plane focused sea map would be cool (like Coral sea) I would also like to see a jungle heavy map.
  • More Commander abilities...they should expand on the commander abilities....more offensive ones...and also some defensive ones...like he should be able to construct defensive structures like bunkers and watch towers.
  • More Squad / Squad leader abilities....it would be nice if the squad leader had some special abilities to use.
  • More destruction....BF3 will most likely support destructable enviroments since they made a big note of pointing out that the enigne supports it.
  • Slightly more realism....not like PR or OPF...but a little stronger weapons would be nice to have (especially the sniper)
  • Terrain Deformation...unfortunatly..current hardware is probably not strong enough...but I woud be very gratefull it it was included.
  • Better sound...The BF games never had a problem with this...but I woould like to see more immersive sound in the future....luckily bad Company has nice sound, so I think we are in luck.
  • A few more things...but thoe are the major ones.

Anyway...what would you like to see.cobrax25

1. Agreed.
2. I actually feel limiting the vehicles a bit is better, since it allows for balancing them out and giving each a primary role like in 2142 easier.
3. Yes, more unlocks, and designed mostly after 2142's system.
4. Sure, sounds good.
5. Yes...yes...yes...yes...mmm, nah.
6. In other words, do what 2142 did.
7. Egh, it'd be neat, but I don't need it. It'd probably create too many performance problems, anyway.
8. No. Level of realism in Battlefield is just right for its styIe.
9. Not entirely sure what terrain deformation is (Geo-modding, you mean?), but it does sound like another thing that would be too performance heavy for an online game. I don't need it.
10. Sure, better sound is always nice.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The only thing I want is less vehicle whoring. They can add whatever they want I just want something to stop vehicle whoring.
Kikujir0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kikujir0
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

Less buggyness tbh. Was espcialy notiable in 2142 where sometimes bodies would fall through the buildings. Alot of the time there are also teeny other annoynaces but it may just be performances.

If they could somehow incorperate a more arcadey feel like COD4 into BF but still keep the same scale of a normal BF that would be cool.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

The only thing I want is less vehicle whoring. They can add whatever they want I just want something to stop vehicle whoring.foxhound_fox

Ever played 2142? There's quite a bit less whoring than in 2 (not a whole lot less on a couple of the really big, wide-open maps, but still less than BF2's larger maps), but without making vehicles an unimportant part of the game. Don't forget titan mode, where you can just defend the titan for all or most of the round and never have to deal with vehicles at all.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
No in-game ads.
Avatar image for TheLordRagnarok
TheLordRagnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheLordRagnarok
Member since 2007 • 1076 Posts

Some things I'd like to see...

-Destructible environments
-More vehicles (Especially boats)
-Weather
-Day & night transitions

There's also this other thing that would be awesome awesome, major environmental changes. For example, on the Kubra Dam map in BF2, I've always thought it would be awesome if at some point in the game, a dam wall would break (From off the map) and water would come rushing into the valley. That would make you think about your tactics in a totally different way.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Everything you said, but I'd like a time choose thing, where you can choose to play in the past present or future, and anyone should be able to create structures like bunkers and stuff.Shullian

Thats a bit of an unrealistic desire....it would add like 3 years onto the development time designing and making all those extra buildings and vehicles.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Good modability.
RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RedDanDoc
Member since 2005 • 3720 Posts
1 Hand held Stinger missiles like in the metal gear solid game (to take out those those jet whores).You would have a new class like anti-tank but it would be anti-air. 2 Female soldiers. 3 The abilty for your comander to supply you with a Tank by parachute. 4 Sticky bombs for taking out Tanks. 5 If your Tank gets hit on its tracks the tank will be unmovable but remain in play as a fixed gun. 6 Air craft Carriers that actualy sail so that you have to correctly gage the wind speed when taking off. 7 The ability to actualy sink an Air craft carrier. 8 The inclusion of mini subs for the sinking of Air craft Carriers. 9 The ability to be a spy. So you would spawn in an enemy uniform and be able to go behind enemy lines for recconaisence purposes. 10 The inclusion of Animals as tools of War. 11 The ability to strap c4 charges to dogs and send them running towards Tanks and blow them up. 12 The ability for dogs to be sent to you with medical supplies. 13 Mines that float in water. 14 The abilty to deploy Air Ballons around your bases so that your enemy's jets accuracy will be impeded. 15 Realistic gore so you will see body parts all over the place.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Daytona_178

1 Hand held Stinger missiles like in the metal gear solid game (to take out those those jet whores).You would have a new class like anti-tank but it would be anti-air. 2 Female soldiers. 3 The abilty for your comander to supply you with a Tank by parachute. 4 Sticky bombs for taking out Tanks. 5 If your Tank gets hit on its tracks the tank will be unmovable but remain in play as a fixed gun. 6 Air craft Carriers that actualy sail so that you have to correctly gage the wind speed when taking off. 7 The ability to actualy sink an Air craft carrier. 8 The inclusion of mini subs for the sinking of Air craft Carriers. 9 The ability to be a spy. So you would spawn in an enemy uniform and be able to go behind enemy lines for recconaisence purposes. 10 The inclusion of Animals as tools of War. 11 The ability to strap c4 charges to dogs and send them running towards Tanks and blow them up. 12 The ability for dogs to be sent to you with medical supplies. 13 Mines that float in water. 14 The abilty to deploy Air Ballons around your bases so that your enemy's jets accuracy will be impeded. 15 Realistic gore so you will see body parts all over the place.RedDanDoc

I only with agree with points 5 & 7. The rest would break the game!

And female soldiers....HaHaHa.

RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RedDanDoc
They have female soldiers in Russia and China. I just think it would add a touch of diversity. Women were much feared combatants in the Red Army.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Daytona_178

They have female soldiers in Russia and China. I just think it would add a touch of diversity. Women were much feared combatants in the Red Army.RedDanDoc

Bah, in the red army they were a special trained sniper group....women carrying huge machine guns = fail!

Although if all the snipers in Battlefield 3 were women that would be a really cool edge.

RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RedDanDoc

[QUOTE="RedDanDoc"]They have female soldiers in Russia and China. I just think it would add a touch of diversity. Women were much feared combatants in the Red Army.daytona_178

Bah, in the red army they were a special trained sniper group....women carrying huge machine guns = fail!

Although if all the snipers in Battlefield 3 were women that would be a really cool edge.

Its apears that you know very little if nothing at all on the subject so it would be unfair of me to educate you as i come here to discuss PC games and not give history lessons.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Daytona_178
[QUOTE="daytona_178"]

[QUOTE="RedDanDoc"]They have female soldiers in Russia and China. I just think it would add a touch of diversity. Women were much feared combatants in the Red Army.RedDanDoc

Its apears that you know very little if nothing at all on the subject so it would be unfair of me to educate you as i come here to discuss PC games and not give history lessons.

Well i don admit i know very little on history...oh well

MykoStation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 MykoStation
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts
I want wake. I also want a option for no vehicle thing in the server, allowing some vehicles (like jeeps) to be used and not allowing to use other vehicles (like tanks)(NOTE: this is only a example i have nothing against tanks)
MykoStation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 MykoStation
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts
Someone already mentioned the Aircraft carriers, yes they could be like the titans in 2142 Sink it by destroying the key components) except the game would still continue after it has been sunk.