What tactic do you use when playing Supreme Commander?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

General_Gustaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 General_Gustaf
Member since 2004 • 279 Posts

Just wanted to get a view of some people's playing styles.

I Personally Tech up, then start building units. It often gets me killed, but at least i have the satisfaction of being level 3.  

War_hammer_ftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 War_hammer_ftw
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts
I try and capture mass points on the map that have strategic value, to get a good economy going - at the same time i try to tech up to play with experimental units. I also have a bad habit of making to many defense structures and over shielding bases.. Towards the end of the game i usually use one or two SCU's to strategically reap havoc on the computers bases.
SirWrinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SirWrinkles
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts

I usually find balancing everything out the best way to go, both expanding, scouting, producing units and teching all simultaneously.

I can't wait for the ginormous patch coming up :) I heard the balance is basically perfect :D

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts
Indeed there will be lots of balance changes in the upcoming patch, not all of which I'm enthusiastic about. But I'll reserve my judgements till I get to play it. I'm more of an expansive map-control type of player, starting off with T1 units to take and hold territory to put my opponent on the back foot from the get-go. I then concentrate my resources to gain air superiority, which then goes into providing my land and sea forces with fast-deploying extra firepower. I attack at T2 naval or T3 land. I build experimentals in pretty rare situations, for example when there is a particularly heavy defence line I would like to break, but I always keep some strat bombers up my sleeve in case my opponent decides to deploy one.
SirWrinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SirWrinkles
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts
Well you really can't judge the balance on the changes  alone I mean we don't even know what effect all the new units they are adding will have on the game! Yes the next patch is bringing new units :)
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

Turtle turtle turtle....

then, spiderbot spiderbot spiderbot!  with a nuke to boot

CYSYKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 CYSYKO
Member since 2003 • 573 Posts
i like to not play it, and i gotta tell ya its awesome!
r3351925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 r3351925
Member since 2006 • 1728 Posts
i used to tech up, then i changed to sending units from all levels while teching up. from that day i never lost.
General_Gustaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 General_Gustaf
Member since 2004 • 279 Posts

Wow, just finished playing a 4 hour game. Me and my friend vs a Supreme and a Challenge.

Fuuun! - Marred by the lagging and freezing i get from not enough RAM. We ended up nuking each other :P