What in your favorite rpg game and why?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Flavorysoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Flavorysoup
Member since 2011 • 593 Posts

I am a huge fan of fallout 3, and I do enjoy borderlands. But what rpg style games do you like most andwhy?

Personally I love how fallout 3 works. You can be good, evil, neutral. You can kill everyone you see(except your father). And the sights are spectacular. I love the open world aspect with a place that I actually know, DC. It's cool to see the buildings in post apocolypse condtions. And somehow vat combat is so so satisfying :D

Kagai13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kagai13
Member since 2010 • 571 Posts
I really love Mass Effect 1&2 (2nd is better). Honestly, I don't know why: it's the same killing and killing over again, loadings are horrible, but... Well, I just LOVE it no matter what. :D As for Fallout 3, I couldn't quite get into liking it...
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Still searching for a Disgaea-style RPG on PC but until I found it I'd go with games in the style of King's Bounty or Heroes of Might and Magic 5

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts
The topic is about rpg's right? Baldurs Gate 2, Planescape Torment , Gothic 1,2, Arcanum :>
jernas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 jernas
Member since 2005 • 1514 Posts

There are many RPG games that I love but the best would be Deus Ex. The game is hard but very satisfying. Other than that Oblivion, Diablo, The Witcher etc. are all great RPGs.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Mass Effect and Dragon Age are my favourite because your character is your own, I like Oblivion to, stuff like The Witcher just doesnt interest me.
harshv82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 harshv82
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts
Mass Effect and Dragon Age are my favourite because your character is your own, I like Oblivion to, stuff like The Witcher just doesnt interest me.V4LENT1NE
Woah! Someone has taste in games like mine. Also to add to the two, I loved Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights 2, Deus Ex. I couldn't really get into Fallout 3, the post apocalyptic thing isn't for me. Although, I love Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel which came out in 2001. Noticed a lot of players mention Planetscape Torment, I never bought it, maybe I missed something which is good?
Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts
Definitely planescape torment. The story was one of the best strories I've ever seen in a game. Honorable mentions are The witcher 1/2, Baldur's Gate 1/2, and Deus Ex.
Avatar image for poovannaorcbane
poovannaorcbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 poovannaorcbane
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

1. fallout 3- one of the first RPGs i had played and i got lost in the world completely to such an extent that my dreams were filled with super mutants and raiders :P no kidding ...seriously,:evil:the fat man according to me is one of the best weapons in video game history.

2.dragon age origins- the first time I came across a game's storyline that felt like an epic fantasy novel (lotr), and i fell totally in love with all the characters, they were so authentic and believable.

3. witcher 2 - IMO no RPG sequel has been this good, with a complete overhaul on every aspect of the game over the original making it one that will stand the test of time (minus the bugs and glitches and less monster slaying quests over the original, BUGS haVE largely been fixed waiting for version 2.0 ) the political nature of the plot as well as geralt's journey of recovering his memory is extremely intriguing. hats off to CD PROJEKT RED

4. mass effect 2 - a game that gives new meaning to "choose your own adventure". cant wait to see how my decisions/choices in ME2 will ultimately affect in ME3

5.witcher 1- one of the best dark fantasy tales ever told, the themes/plots of the witcher universe can be related to real life situations, with every character having moral shades of grey, and a very believable & cynical world it is.

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
Well, for single player I'd have to go with Disgaea on PS2 or Final Fantasy Tactics on PS1. Multiplayer it would have to be Final Fantasy XI, or WoW(pre-cata). For PC single player I'd have to go with Witcher 1 and 2.
Reach-The-Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Reach-The-Myth
Member since 2010 • 453 Posts
My favourite RPG is the Witcher 2 - Just the epic tale, branching paths and multiple endings was enough to get me hooked, yet with really good combat and deep lore behind it, it has to be my favourite. But from playing Mount and Blade warband - I would say that if it had some epic battles (200 v 200), it would be even more epic - Yet its not that type of game... Yet if more JRPGs did epic battles like that, then I'd play a lot more... Such as Kingdom Hearts 2 - The epic heartless battle near the end will always be remembered - Now I'm gonna go dig out my old PS2 and relive that =D
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Ultima VII: The Black Gate (1992).

• Huge open world.
  • Freedom to explore anywhere you want and do whatever you want.
  • Fully interactive enviroments like no other RPG ever did (use Wool on Spinning Wheel to make Thread, Use Thread on Loom to make Cloth, Use Ceasers on Cloth to make Bandages, and heal thyself).
  • Good story and memorable characters.
  • Creative and fun quests.
  • No handholding.
  • Amazing writting.
  • Dynamic dialogue system.
  • Superb soundtrack.
  • Every NPC has something to say and they are connected to each other and the place they live.
  • Moral system based on eight different virtues.
  • Several hundreds of hours of pure gameplay.

U7

bluetadomonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bluetadomonk
Member since 2011 • 449 Posts
Dragon Quest VII on the ps1 spent around 200 hours and i never beat the game 120 on my first playthrough then a few years later another 80. best rpg handsdownn. i loved the class system,combat etc etc. So fun. I'm getting a ps2 so ican play more rpgs i missed