What future MMO to play, TESO, WildStar ,EverQuest Next ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

I am thorn between those 3, the most less i know about TESO i heard that game have less end gameplay then even GW2, on the other hand no raids , no slivers and 4 man dungeon ? Have Subscription and will be B2play, Wildstar on the other hand have 40 man raids , 20 man raids , 10 man raids , 5 man dungeons (+ have holy trinity and action combat) have same model as TESO, Everquest Next is a mistery a bit, have most revolutionary system from both of games for progression , map making , emotions , destruction , combat... will be f2play (wich is kinda crappy). Any advice , suggestion , information ? Thank you.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

@vfibsux said:

You don't want advice, you want people to tell you what you want to hear. I gave you impressions on Wildstar and you threw a little tantrum and called everyone who agreed with me WoW-tards. Judging by your post below you already have it all figured out.

"This community makes me sad, first of all i never said its good game, but let me say few things, game got first CBT Stress test, and its a big difference, second thing this game is perfect for those who like action oriented combat like in GW2 , Tera , etc.. and PVE good as Rift. its very good combination. I am in guild where we playing MMO's for last decade or so, about 60-70 hard core mmo's players. And for us that game is really what we excepting. 40 man raids with holy trinity and action combat, dungeons , 20 man raids,... So that mmo is for people who like action combat + holy trinity + PVE. (PVP isnt bad thou).You need to read about MMO's before you rush like full tard-ed wow player, on it."

Seems like he knows all about wildstar. Go play that.

Also spell better pl0x my brain is suffering.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

They all look lame as hell.

maybe everquest next... but the other 2... pathetic.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

They all look lame as hell.

maybe everquest next... but the other 2... pathetic.

Well i am in search of a new MMO with subscription, sadly EQN wont have one,. But deffinetly will try it.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

Who knows. It's really hard to judge an MMO till it's been out for a bit because of all the stupid hype they build up.

To me ESO looks like they gutted the series and turned it into a themepark style MMO, I hope I'm wrong though.

Wildstar I don't really know anything about. I've seen some PvP video's and it looks interesting with the action combat and such but I'm interested to see if it's actually gameplay differs from other themeparks.

I have the highest hopes for EQ Next, but again I don't know anything about it.

If your just looking for a traditional themepark I'd say your probably can't go wrong with ESO, if you want something a bit more sandbox I'd wait for Star Citizen, ArcheAge, or The Repopulation.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

I think the right strategy is to try old MMORPGs. The entire MMO industry is getting mature. Plenty of good games have been out for more than 8 years now. Over time, they have been polished, bug fixed, and had content added. I usually get disappointed with new MMORPGs. When I try older ones, they often seem much more refined.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8  Edited By Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I'm okay with FF14 for now.. cause I'm gaming with a mate and a good free company(guild). It's far from perfect but it's something. I have a feeling a lot of people will jump on TESO, including my friends but we'll see.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#9  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Deleted my post, Assimilator is a class act so I take it back, if someone did not quote it I would have left it at that lol.

Was in ESO beta and Wildstar, was disappointed with each and not because they were beta, it was core stuff. My only hope now is EQ Next :/

If that doesn't work my MMO fix is screwed until Camelot Unchained.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23806 Posts

All 3 look lame. WildStar looks to be the same old same old, but with a sci fantasy setting, a setting I never felt lended itself well to typical mmorpg conventions. as for TESO, not even the NDA prevented the bad word of mouth from spreading around for that game, EQN will probably be terribly optimized and the game itself looks to repeat all the mistakes that have been prevalent with recent mmos.

My word of advice, just play older mmos, because the future looks bleak. Though 2 mmos are on my radar: World of Darkness and The Repopulation.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Falconoffury

EQ Next's sandbox features look amazing. At least they are trying to innovate, unlike Wildstar, and Elder Scrolls Online. I saw the ESO combat video, and I was very disappointed. Where is the UI? How do you know what skills are on cooldown? I want to be able to see all the statistics of what is going on. They need to show me a lot more depth to that game before I think about buying. They are either not showing the depth yet, or it is simply a shallow game.

In the far future, I have Embers of Caerus on the radar. This game will take years longer to finish, but what they are trying to do sounds unreal.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vfibsux

@Falconoffury said:

EQ Next's sandbox features look amazing. At least they are trying to innovate, unlike Wildstar, and Elder Scrolls Online. I saw the ESO combat video, and I was very disappointed. Where is the UI? How do you know what skills are on cooldown? I want to be able to see all the statistics of what is going on. They need to show me a lot more depth to that game before I think about buying. They are either not showing the depth yet, or it is simply a shallow game.

In the far future, I have Embers of Caerus on the radar. This game will take years longer to finish, but what they are trying to do sounds unreal.

It is Elder Scrolls combat, there is no UI or cooldowns. You spam your skills as long as you have mana/stamina. Still, played beta and it is nothing like Elder Scrolls in terms of exploration and just being lost in the world immersion, kind of defeats the purpose. I rather be able to explore a REAL Elder Scrolls world with a few friends.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

The correct answer is camelot unchained

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@Falconoffury said:

That's the thing.. I feel like they are just trying to cater to those that love Skyrim and want it to have MMO functionality. Skyrim+online.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Falconoffury

@vfibsux said:

It is Elder Scrolls combat, there is no UI or cooldowns. You spam your skills as long as you have mana/stamina.

So, you just spam your most powerful skill, ignoring all the others? I am finding it hard to imagine a game like this with no cooldowns.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23806 Posts

@Falconoffury said:

@vfibsux said:

It is Elder Scrolls combat, there is no UI or cooldowns. You spam your skills as long as you have mana/stamina.

So, you just spam your most powerful skill, ignoring all the others? I am finding it hard to imagine a game like this with no cooldowns.

Dephends on how well the skills are designed.

Cooldowns have always been an awful mechanic and always felt like a cheap cop out excuse for poor skill design. Even worse are when they appear in games that are designed to feel more "actiony" where they draw even more attention to the UI than the game. How about using the following instead to balance skills instead?

• Negative side effects on using skills: In Guild Wars, some skills would add fatigue which would temporarily reduce your max energy. In Pokemon, some skills may debuff you, cause you to lose your next turn or even damage you.
  • Positive side effects on less powerful skills: Some skills may be weaker than others, but make up for it by having desirable side effects. In WoW, moonfire might not dps as well as wrath, but provides a DoT, which will add to the dps.
  • Efficiency: Just make some of the more powerful skills not as resource efficient as the less powerful ones. In WoW weaker but faster heals heal more hp per second. But cost more mana per hp restored.
  • Special Conditions: This may be an added condition, or it may be that for a skill to work. In Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. Succubi are deadly foes. For they have access to the skill eternal rest. Which has a 100% chance instantly kill anyone who is asleep.
  • Casting Times: Some skills are very powerful, but have a long casting time. Pyroblast is a good example of this.
  • Practicability: Some skills are more practical in some situations dephending on the foe's defenses or movement. Elemental resistances and strengths is the most obvious way to do this. But that isnt all, in Pokemon, triple kick can prove bypass substitute and feint ignores protect. Likewise, in FPS, you probably dont want to use slow projectiles against fast opponents even if they do much more damage per second.
  • Design the combat so it is about more than just numbers: Seriously, this is what makes the combat in Shin Megami Tensei, Pokemon and Guild Wars so good.

And that is just from the top of my head. There are far more ways to balance skills, and all of them are much more interesting than some lame cooldown system.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Why can't you try all three?

I'm going to play TESO and Everquest Next.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vfibsux

@Falconoffury said:

@vfibsux said:

Have you never played Skyrim or any other Elder Scrolls game? This is how it works. TESO is basically a dumbed down Skyrim, the combat is near identical except the magic system is super restrictive compared to Skyrim. Melee is better combat because at least you have some skills to spam rather than just hack and slash. Other than that the zones feel claustrophobic and lock you in based on level and/or quest restrictions. It is so anti what Elder Scrolls is about it should not even bear the name imo.

lendglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lendglas
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I played both ESO and Wildstar in beta.I also see that sites like www.gamersoffice.com allready posted that they are selling gold in both ESO and Wildstar.Strange that sellers allready sell gold for those games.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vfibsux

Damn asian gold seller bots.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

TESO and Star Citizen when that releases.