What does this mean?My CPu speed is wierd on "can you run it"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

newestguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 newestguy
Member since 2005 • 113 Posts
SO when I go on the "can you run it?" site,My cpu speed is this:2.40 GHz Performance Rated at 3.80 GHz.I do not understand at all what that means.ANd no,My computer isnt that great.I mean this load really fast and I never get lag oin any of the games I play,But I dont think some $800 computer from 2005 from best buy would have a 3.80GHZ CPU.My cpu Itself is a AMD 3800+,or something like that.
newestguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 newestguy
Oh wait,I found my answer on google.It said that an AMD 2.4GHZ would perform as well as an Intel 3.8 GHZ.DAMn,I love AMD now,Never going back to intel!
swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 swehunt
Member since 2008 • 3637 Posts

SO when I go on the "can you run it?" site,My cpu speed is this:2.40 GHz Performance Rated at 3.80 GHz.I do not understand at all what that means.ANd no,My computer isnt that great.I mean this load really fast and I never get lag oin any of the games I play,But I dont think some $800 computer from 2005 from best buy would have a 3.80GHZ CPU.My cpu Itself is a AMD 3800+,or something like that. newestguy

Your computer has an dual core so thats why the system requirements messi'n up.

(Your rating are adjusted to the rating of what a single core would have to be at for doing processes as fast as your dual core, so actually that don't say very much at all.)

You cant really tell anything with runnig that test, if you are concerned about you're computer not being up to date playing games i suggest you get demos instead, that will give you a much more accurate way of know than a bad flawed test.

swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 swehunt

Oh wait,I found my answer on google.It said that an AMD 2.4GHZ would perform as well as an Intel 3.8 GHZ.DAMn,I love AMD now,Never going back to intel!newestguy

Hehe, that means like an p4 wich is old, Core 2 duo's are even faster than amd's dualcore.

newestguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 newestguy
1 second,Im just going to put down what it says my CPu is:AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+.I didnt know that was a dual core!I though I was running a crappy Single core,about comparable to a pentium 4.
boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

1 second,Im just going to put down what it says my CPu is:AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+.I didnt know that was a dual core!I though I was running a crappy Single core,about comparable to a pentium 4. newestguy

You are running a single core. Dual cores are called Athlon X2's

newestguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 newestguy
Ok,SO I just have a Really powerful single core.It says my processor could run crysis ,even the reccomended.But my video card is kinda crappy,Its an intagrated card I think.
swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 swehunt

1 second,Im just going to put down what it says my CPu is:AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+.
I didnt know that was a dual core!I though I was running a crappy Single core,about comparable to a pentium 4.
newestguy

there are two diffrent types of athlon 64 3800 a single and and with the suffix x2 (the later was a dualcore)

Gahh, boostud beat me to it :P

swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 swehunt

Ok,SO I just have a Really powerful single core.It says my processor could run crysis ,even the reccomended.But my video card is kinda crappy,Its an intagrated card I think.newestguy

Don't get your hopes on crysis with that...

DaSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 DaSoul
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

i have the same thing but i have a pentium 4 with hyperthreading and it says 2.6Ghz rated at 3.59Ghz

newestguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 newestguy
My proccesor could run crysis,Im sure of that,Belive me.But mY video card couldnt run it even If they made a super super super low graphics mode.
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts

My proccesor could run crysis,Im sure of that,Belive me.But mY video card couldnt run it even If they made a super super super low graphics mode.newestguy

Are you ****ing retarted? You pretty much have a pentium 4 except it's by AMD, it's not a dual core and it's not realy awesome, it's not actually 3.8 ghz either....

swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 swehunt

My proccesor could run crysis,Im sure of that,Belive me.But mY video card couldnt run it even If they made a super super super low graphics mode.newestguy

Sure that CPU can run it.

yep, a good GFX would let you play it on your CPU but that card would be somewhat limmited by your singlecore.

And it all is of what your demands are, low/med/high/V.high?

A single core is not able to meet my demands of what I want out of that game.

Oneilc818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Oneilc818
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yeah mine says: You Have: 2.20 GHz Performance Rated at 4.29 GHz. I have an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz
albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
Don't just go by clock speed. A 3.0ghz pentium 4 gets destroyed by a 1.8ghz core 2 duo.
Avatar image for floridaskater05
floridaskater05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 floridaskater05
Member since 2005 • 1876 Posts

[QUOTE="newestguy"]My proccesor could run crysis,Im sure of that,Belive me.But mY video card couldnt run it even If they made a super super super low graphics mode.nevereathim

Are you ****ing retarted? You pretty much have a pentium 4 except it's by AMD, it's not a dual core and it's not realy awesome, it's not actually 3.8 ghz either....

my friend my friend... no need for that.

thank you