What devs/games do you want to see at the PC E3 Conference?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

What developers do you think should be there?

Valve really should join and take it as an oppurtunity to show off SteamOS, HTC Vive and Steam machines especially since they'll be released later this year heck one of the companies sponsoring the event is making a Steam machine (one of the most reasonably priced ones as well). It would be nice to Kickstart the steam machines in fall with an appearance at the first ever PC gaming E3 conference in summer.

I hope they get some other developers like:

Epic Games E3 would be a nice time to show off new Unreal Tournament maps, modes, and models. Give some insight on Fortnite.

Cyan Worlds (the people that make the Myst series) and have them show Obduction footage since they haven't shown any even for the Kickstarter they officially got $1.3 million on November 2013 and are using Unreal Engine 4 the game should be a beauty by now and have something worth presentable.

NCSoft (huge Publisher and published Guild Wars 2) show off the Blade & Soul US & European release trailer since everyone has been waiting nearly 5 years for a western release of Blade & Soul they practically forgot the game existed or moved on. Also show off Lineage Eternal and Lost Ark. Wish Project HON didn't get cancelled.

SolarFall Games (currently on Kickstarter for game called Umbra). The game evolved so much since its first reveal in 2011. The devs are on Kicstarter currently and are more than halfway towards their goal with plenty of days left to mean they can get extra funding. It would also be nice to show off an Indie game with AAA quality visuals.

Otherside Entertainment (Creators of of Ultima Underworld) they successfully got funded back in early March. The prototype footage looked good. It's been about 2 months since they got funded they also say they're gonna take advantage of PC hardware so I hope if they something somewhat presentable to show off. It would also help to show off a game that basically inspired the Elder Scrolls series and is a spiritual successor to a franchise that is legendary among PC gamers.

5 Live Studios (being led by Syndicate Wars Producer and Lead programmer) is working on Satellite Reign the spiritual successor to Syndicate Wars should help after the atrocity that was the 2012 Syndicate rebooted as a linear shooter.

Pearl Abyss the developers of Black Desert Online.

Arda Gunes some indie devs working on a game called Northern Shadow, a First person RPG with City building elements. The game already looked pretty cool in the Unity engine trailer. They switched to Unreal Engine 4 in November 2014 and instantly got much better eye candy. They claim Unreal Engine 4 is helping speed up the development process so I bet they have some presentable.

Yager Development they're making a slow paced Space Sim multiplayer game in Unreal Engine 4 called Dreadnought which got shown at last years E3. They also claim they're working on Singleplayer episode campaigns.

GSC World - famous for the STALKER franchise after closing down for about 3 years are back bringing a new title Cossacks 3. Exposure that GSC is making games again and if people support Cossacks 3 STALKER 2 could be their next game.

Vostok games - where most of the original STALKER team is, currently working on Survarium talked about Free Play in February, would like to see the reveal of it.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

With Square Enix attending I'd personally like to see confirmations of various FF games coming to PC: FFXV, Type-Zero HD and FFX HD in particular. Likewise, I'd like to see Bamco announce a Tales game for the PC (as has been rumoured for some time).

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

maybe cyber punk 2077 , and doom 4 i guess XD .

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts
@Articuno76 said:

Likewise, I'd like to see Bamco announce a Tales game for the PC (as has been rumoured for some time).

Even though the chance seems very slim (with not even a ps4 version of Zestiria being announced yet), I'd be elated to see this. Don't relish the thought of having to play another sub-30 fps jagfest of a tales title on my PS3.

Although it seems the Tales of Festival will occur before E3. WE'd be more likely to hear things there.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

@Postosuchus said:
@Articuno76 said:

Likewise, I'd like to see Bamco announce a Tales game for the PC (as has been rumoured for some time).

Even though the chance seems very slim (with not even a ps4 version of Zestiria being announced yet), I'd be elated to see this. Don't relish the thought of having to play another sub-30 fps jagfest of a tales title on my PS3.

Although it seems the Tales of Festival will occur before E3. WE'd be more likely to hear things there.

On a related note there's been winks and hints that a PS4 version of Zestria will indeed be announced at Festival. Nothing concrete though. So from there it's only a stone's throw to a PC side-port. I reckon the odds are actually pretty good given that Bamco seems to be quite enthused with how their games are doing on the PC (announcing Tekken, DragonBall Z doing well and Saint Seiya also coming to PC).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Shadowrun: Hong Kong looks great, I'd like to see that on show.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Stardock and hopefully they will announce a new sins of a solar empire

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
  • Blizzard: Starcraft 2, Overwatch
  • Yager: Dreadnaught campaign
  • Relic: Dawn of War 3
  • GSC: Cossacks 3
  • Larian Studios: New IP
  • Creative Assembly: TW Warhammer
  • CIG: Star Citizen
  • CroTeam: Serious Sam 4
  • Paradox/Talesworld: Mound and Blade 2
  • Flying Wild Hog: Shadow Warrior 2/"new Fantasy FPS"
  • Epic: Unreal Tournament
Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

Cyberpunk 2077, since Witcher 3 is now out, they can transfer the main part of the dev teams to Cyberpunk. Also, a new Fallout would be pretty sweet, since you can never get enough of exploring the wastelands. New TES game would also satisfy me ... Just Cause 3 will be out soon so no real point in the game being presented at E3 ... And then from the non-"open world" games, Fortnite is the only one to peak my interest in terms of co-op play with friends ... what little I have that actually play games -_-

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 uninspiredcup

@Cloud_imperium said:

Oh, they are still developing this? I read the Talos Principle was originally Serous Sam 4.

Serous Sam 3 made some fairly large missteps, but was none the less, a highly enjoyable game.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Articuno76: speaking of square enix and pc is love to see games like final fantasy ix and chrono cross come over to steam.

It's probably unlikely as they were never ported to pc at the time of release though

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cloud_imperium

@uninspiredcup said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Oh, they are still developing this? I read the Talos Principle was originally Serous Sam 4.

Serous Sam 3 made some fairly large missteps, but was none the less, a highly enjoyable game.

Focus shifted from Serious Sam 4 to Talos Principle but SS4 is still in development.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cloud_imperium
@Code135 said:

Cyberpunk 2077, since Witcher 3 is now out, they can transfer the main part of the dev teams to Cyberpunk. Also, a new Fallout would be pretty sweet, since you can never get enough of exploring the wastelands. New TES game would also satisfy me ... Just Cause 3 will be out soon so no real point in the game being presented at E3 ... And then from the non-"open world" games, Fortnite is the only one to peak my interest in terms of co-op play with friends ... what little I have that actually play games -_-

No CP2077 reveal this year... Already confirmed... Next year they'll most probably reveal it on M$ or Sony's stage like other Console centric devs.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Loads of indie developers with new ideas. May not be big games but they are where some of my most surprisingly good experiences have come from in the last few years.

Cyberpunk 2077 would be top of my wish list as well. More Star Citizen, maybe. The next Dreamfall book. I am always looking forward to new anything new from Firaxis as well. Strategy games in general.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 uninspiredcup
@Cloud_imperium said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Focus shifted from Serious Sam 4 to Talos Principle but SS4 is still in development.

Hopefully they listen to feedback, beef up the guns, increase player speed, remove utterly pointless and out of place iron-sights, add color e.t.c...

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NoodleFighter

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Code135 said:

No CP2077 reveal this year... Already confirmed... Next year they'll most probably reveal it on M$ or Sony's stage like other Console centric devs.

Wait did you just call CD Projekt Red console centric?

twal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 twal
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I really want to see Valve with their shiny Source Engine 2 demo. Previous VR demo was awesome!

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cloud_imperium

@NoodleFighter said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Code135 said:

Yes. Witcher 3 is Xbox One game primarily.

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

Most of what you will see at E3 will never be released. When the games do come out it will be a lesser version than the E3 version. When they show gameplay this year at E3, they should also say that the chances of the graphics looking the same as shown might be low due to parity between consoles and PC. E3 is like breast implants, sure it looks big but it's really just fake.

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Fallout 4 and a Red Dead Redemption for PC (remastered 1 or sequel)

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts
  1. Sony with original titles like they had with Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls.
  2. Crytek with a new great FPS, what happened to this company??? they made Crysis and then it was all downhill.
  3. Monolith Software with a remastered /updated Xenosaga series for PC.
  4. Square Enix with updated/remastered FFXII and the Parasite Eve series for PC.
  5. Microsoft with updated/remastered Gears and Halo series for PC, this will help Windows 10 even more, which they own.

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GoodKingMog
Member since 2015 • 167 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Code135 said:

thats funny, because it runs and looks better on PS4....

Rawrrrson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rawrrrson
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

Doom4

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cloud_imperium

@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Code135 said:

That is to be expected, just like how PC version looks better than PS4. Xbox One version looks worse than PS4 because it is weaker. Duh. But assets are made for lowest common denominator, slightly enhanced for other versions.

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GoodKingMog

@Cloud_imperium said:
@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Code135 said:

That is to be expected, just like how PC version looks better than PS4. Xbox One version looks worse than PS4 because it is weaker. Duh. But assets are made for lowest common denominator, slightly enhanced for other versions.

your comment literally makes no sense... and you have no proof at all that it is a "xbox one game primarily".

if you think the PC version is just "slightly enhanced" then *snort*.....you clearly havent seen it next to the console versions. there is a pretty big difference in visual fidelity.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

All I want to really see is The Division... Need to see how bad it's been downgraded.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cloud_imperium

@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

your comment literally makes no sense... and you have no proof at all that it is a "xbox one game primarily".

if you think the PC version is just "slightly enhanced" then *snort*.....you clearly havent seen it next to the console versions. there is a pretty big difference in visual fidelity.

It makes sense but you just don't want to accept the reality... "Big difference" makes no difference. 99% ports look better on PC... Devs themselves said they achieved parity between two versions. PC games are not known to achieve parity.

For reference, go see Witcher 2, Crysis or Battlefield 3. Witcher 3 was made for lowest common denominator... Same assets are being used on all platforms.

The only difference is texture resolution, better shadows, more draw distance etc,,, just like 99% ports out there. I know it hurts but that's the truth. Does that make the game bad? Absolutely not.

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GoodKingMog

@Cloud_imperium said:
@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

It makes sense but you just don't want to accept the reality... "Big difference" makes no difference. 99% ports look better on PC... Devs themselves said they achieved parity between two versions. PC games are not known to achieve parity.

For reference, go see Witcher 2, Crysis or Battlefield 3. Witcher 3 was made for lowest common denominator... Same assets are being used on all platforms.

The only difference is texture resolution, better shadows, more draw distance etc,,, just like 99% ports out there. I know it hurts but that's the truth. Does that make the game bad? Absolutely not.

are you retarded? ofcourse the same assets are being used... except the ones on PC are much higher resolution. you really think they would completely remake assets for use on different platforms? that is absurd. your argument is idiotic and unfounded. also, you did not address that you claimed that the witcher 3 was an "xbox one game primarily"

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cloud_imperium

@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@goodkingmog said:

are you retarded? ofcourse the same assets are being used... except the ones on PC are much higher resolution. you really think they would completely remake assets for use on different platforms? that is absurd. your argument is idiotic and unfounded. also, you did not address that you claimed that the witcher 3 was an "xbox one game primarily"

I am sure you can have a discussion without acting like an E-thug. So, please try harder and next time you'll finally be able to talk without personal insults... And yeah it is using same assets because those assets were created for lowest common denominator, aka Xbox One game primarily. If your brain is not overheating then think harder and you'll understand... It's not that hard.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

^ i wonder how many times this is gonna get repeated before he starts to understand.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thehig1

@urbangamez said:
  1. Sony with original titles like they had with Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls.
  2. Crytek with a new great FPS, what happened to this company??? they made Crysis and then it was all downhill.
  3. Monolith Software with a remastered /updated Xenosaga series for PC.
  4. Square Enix with updated/remastered FFXII and the Parasite Eve series for PC.
  5. Microsoft with updated/remastered Gears and Halo series for PC, this will help Windows 10 even more, which they own.

There are better games than XII to remaster, also wasteful to remaster one of the better looking Final Fantasy titles. 6,7,8,9, or Chrono would be better.

They could just stick XII on steam as it is and profit.

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GoodKingMog

@Cloud_imperium said:
@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@goodkingmog said:

I am sure you can have a discussion without acting like an E-thug. So, please try harder and next time you'll finally be able to talk without personal insults... And yeah it is using same assets because those assets were created for lowest common denominator, aka Xbox One game primarily. If your brain is not overheating then think harder and you'll understand... It's not that hard.

if you knew anything about game development.... which you dont... clearly... you would know that you dont create assets for the lowest spec, and then upscale them. you do the complete opposite. textures and models are created at a MUCH higher fidelity, and then scaled back to meet hardware demands.

so no, the assets werent created for the xbox one and PS4, and then "scaled up" for PC.... exactly the opposite happened. they were scaled down for the xbox one and PS4.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cloud_imperium

@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

if you knew anything about game development.... which you dont... clearly... you would know that you dont create assets for the lowest spec, and then upscale them. you do the complete opposite. textures and models are created at a MUCH higher fidelity, and then scaled back to meet hardware demands.

so no, the assets werent created for the xbox one and PS4, and then "scaled up" for PC.... exactly the opposite happened. they were scaled down for the xbox one and PS4.

LMAO. Is this guy serious or what? You create assets that can run on all platforms. That's the reason why cross gen games don't look as good as current gen only games. Get a clue... If devs go too far to create assets that older hardware can't handle, they are forced to re-create them or in some cases rewrite the entire engine for them specifically. For reference, see Witcher 2 and Crysis 1.

Assets are not just higher res textures or lower res textures but high poly models, more AI calculations, Exclusive graphical features and so on. Assets made for High End PCs don't work on Consoles, so basically you are forced to make 2 separate versions in that case. That's why devs target lowest common denominator, so they don't have to make 2 separate versions. Instead they make one version that works on all platforms.

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GoodKingMog

@Cloud_imperium said:
@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

LMAO. Is this guy serious or what? You create assets that can run on all platforms. That's the reason why cross gen games don't look as good as current gen only games. Get a clue... If devs go too far to create assets that older hardware can't handle, they are forced to re-create them or in some cases rewrite the entire engine for them specifically. For reference, see Witcher 2 and Crysis 1.

Assets are not just higher res textures or lower res textures but high poly models, more AI calculations, Exclusive graphical features and so on. Assets made for High End PCs don't work on Consoles, so basically you are forced to make 2 separate versions in that case. That's why devs target lowest common denominator, so they don't have to make 2 separate versions. Instead they make one version that works on all platforms.

are YOU serious? you clearly have no idea how games are actually made. you do NOT create assets at the level that they are going to be used on all platforms... what you said is not even remotely true and completely moronic.

you scale assets back to match the hardware... you do not create assets below or at the standard for the hardware. textures are created at MANY times the resolution that you see them in a final build for a game..... same with models, they are created at much higher poly counts than actually end up in the game.

you dont have to make 2 separate versions of anything. you simply lower texture resolution and poly counts until they meet performance standards.... for **** sake man, do a little reading before sounding like a blathering idiot.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@goodkingmog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@goodkingmog said:

are YOU serious? you clearly have no idea how games are actually made. you do NOT create assets at the level that they are going to be used on all platforms... what you said is not even remotely true and completely moronic.

you scale assets back to match the hardware... you do not create assets below or at the standard for the hardware. textures are created at MANY times the resolution that you see them in a final build for a game..... same with models, they are created at much higher poly counts than actually end up in the game.

you dont have to make 2 separate versions of anything. you simply lower texture resolution and poly counts until they meet performance standards.... for **** sake man, do a little reading before sounding like a blathering idiot.

Which requires more work than simply creating models for low end hardware and running it on all systems dumb ass.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

The name calling needs to stop, now.

As to the Op's question, I would have also loved to see more about Cyberpunk 2077 as I think Cyberpunk in general is a woefully underrepresented genre. Unfortunately, I've also seen their announcement that they will be focused on Witcher 3 for this year and next, so no Cyberpunk 2077 until 2017.

Another one that I'd love to see is Frictional Games' new title SOMA. Same developer as Amnesia, but this time their new horror game is a sci-fi game that looks amazing.

-Byshop

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

@thehig1: Final Fantasy VII and VIII are on steam. Agreed, it would be good to see IX, VI in addition to XII, X and Chrono Cross on PC.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NoodleFighter

Still no news on Larian joining the PC Gaming Show even though they're going to E3, they've partnered with Focus Home Interactive for their next game, and FHI is only doing booths.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By thehig1

@urbangamez: I no I own vii iii and iv on steam. The hd graphics mod looks really good on vii

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Microshaft is gonna be there. :(

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 uninspiredcup

I suspect alot of the guys up their on stage for pc, will be fairly genuine with no pretences.

Then Microsoft will appear with it's PR fluff Phil The Twat Spencer, with his chest sticking out, smug smile, fake ass hand gestures boasting like a jock with his over rehersed shlock', lowering the entire tone.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cloud_imperium

@NoodleFighter said:

Still no news on Larian joining the PC Gaming Show even though they're going to E3, they've partnered with Focus Home Interactive for their next game, and FHI is only doing booths.

At this point I'd be surprised if they announced new game at E3 (even though they did say that they are bringing a surprise at E3). I think they'll only talk about DOS Enhanced Edition.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

The games I am hoping to see are Fortnite and Overwatch, but I hope we finally here something of Phantasy Star Online 2 coming to US....

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

The Division.

Star Wars Battlefront.

Id like to see what Rare is up to....

Id like the announcement to stream pc games to Xbox one systems be made.... (instead of only xbox one to pc)

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Cloud_imperium

Man, Total War Warhammer looks sick. Now I really can't wait for the gameplay.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I want to see DX12 patches for past and current games.

When 3dfx Voodoo first released, a number of developers were tripping over each other trying to get patches out to games they have already released.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cloud_imperium

Man, I am so pumped for Total War: Warhammer. I am counting every day... I should keep my hype in check.

Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

All I want to see is:

-Beyond Good & Evil 2

-Descent: Underground

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'd be interested in a new Age of Empires as part of Microsofts "big PC plans". But something much closer in spirit to 2 than 3

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

The Division and Total War: Warhammer are two things I really want to see.