What are you playing over your Christmas break?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

Just curious what everyone plans on playing. I just got the metro redux combo pack, Splinter Cell Blacklist and the latest Ghost Recon on sale.

I plan to start with Metro 2033 as I never really played them...what about you guys?

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Getting ready to start Fallout NV for the video game club, but I have been trying to complete both seasons of Walking Dead. I just finished episode 1 of the 2nd season.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58824 Posts

Lords Of Fallen.

Great game: enjoying it a hell of a lot more than Darksouls 2.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I'm thinking of buying Far Cry 2 (FC2). I was replaying FC1 on my kid's PC. But, she's using it again.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Legend of Grimrock, Witcher 2, and some Civilization :-)

TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts

Some various PS2 games. Okami, Beyond Good and Evil, The Suffering, Final Fantasy X...

When I get my new computer working, will probably pick up the new Dragon Age and Civilization games.

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

All on PC: Alien Isolation, Evil Within, Shadow of Mordor, Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zero, Lords of the Fallen. Those are the ones I plan on finishing. I have made a vow to not buy any more games until I finish at least a third of what I own. This year I fell into the gamers paradox of buying more than you can play.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I was Playing a lot of Euro Truck Simulator 2, recently bought Devil May Cry for PC and Alice Madness Returns. However I'll be going back on Fallout New Vegas soon for the "Lets Get Through that steam library together thread"

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Smash 4, padding that for glory win rate(Almost 90%). Will also refine the advanced techs during that time.

Also I'm getting Wind Waker HD on friday.

On pc I might go back to age of mythology.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

lol what's a Christmas break? I get Christmas day off and then it's back to the normal grind. Although I play videos games most days so I suppose I'll continue playing what I've been playing. Spore, Planetside 2, Dragon Age Inquisition, and RYSE.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Just bought THE CREW.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I don't really get a Christmas break, in fact, today is the first day I have time to play games in the last week.

I'll probably spend any extra time I get playing DayZ and the Rise of Nations: Extended Edition.

@FelipeInside said:

Just bought THE CREW.

Ubisoft's #1 fan over here ;)

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

Just bought THE CREW.

Sorry

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

I don't really get a Christmas break, in fact, today is the first day I have time to play games in the last week.

I'll probably spend any extra time I get playing DayZ and the Rise of Nations: Extended Edition.

@FelipeInside said:

Just bought THE CREW.

Ubisoft's #1 fan over here ;)

I don't judge games based on their publisher like you do.

BTW, played it about 2 hours and it's perfectly optimized with 60fps option and in-car view which weren't in beta.

@digitm64 said:

@FelipeInside said:

Just bought THE CREW.

Sorry

Don't be, it's a great fun game. The amount of work that has gone into it is staggering.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

BTW, played it about 2 hours and it's perfectly optimized with 60fps option and in-car view which weren't in beta.

Why are you bragging about playing a game that looks like it came out in 2007 at 60 FPS? lol

I look at reviews and pay attention to word of mouth - you know, what people normally do :P That's clearly not what you're doing.

You really felt obligated to go out and spend $60 on a title that the majority of people think is a bad game. It literally does seem like you want to play it just because it's a big-budget Ubisoft game :p Anyone who's actually had their ears open for the last month would know well enough to stay away from games like this for two reasons...

- Most people wouldn't bet their $60 against overwhelming public opinion

- You're rewarding publishers for fucking over other consumers. You really don't feel in the least bit bad about it? You must live in a bubble or something.

Clearly you played the beta and enjoyed it, but I'm not sure how. The beta was literally one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had - the only good thing about it is that it gave my brother and I a good laugh at how preposterously poor it was. I love racing games, arcade and simulator alike, and I couldn't believe how bad this game was (in beta). I'll just say you have extremely strange tastes IMO. This is the only racing title in recent memory that I've seen over a dozen people claim it's the worst they've ever played.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

Why are you bragging about playing a game that looks like it came out in 2007 at 60 FPS? lol

I look at reviews and pay attention to word of mouth - you know, what people normally do :P That's clearly not what you're doing.

You really felt obligated to go out and spend $60 on a title that the majority of people think is a bad game. It literally does seem like you want to play it just because it's a big-budget Ubisoft game :p Anyone who's actually had their ears open for the last month would know well enough to stay away from games like this for two reasons...

- Most people wouldn't bet their $60 against overwhelming public opinion

- You're rewarding publishers for fucking over other consumers. You really don't feel in the least bit bad about it? You must live in a bubble or something.

Clearly you played the beta and enjoyed it, but I'm not sure how. The beta was literally one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had - the only good thing about it is that it gave my brother and I a good laugh at how preposterously poor it was. I love racing games, arcade and simulator alike, and I couldn't believe how bad this game was (in beta). I'll just say you have extremely strange tastes IMO. This is the only racing title in recent memory that I've seen over a dozen people claim it's the worst they've ever played.

Let me explain a few things because you (like every day here) think that YOUR opinion is the only one that matters. (maybe one day you will realize that's not true, but I wouldn't bet on it).

- I don't go off word of mouth all the time because different people have different tastes.

- I paid $47 on the Xmas sales

- Game looks great. Graphics in 2007 weren't even close. Upgrade your video card or monitor maybe?

- Game runs great. I wish it had an option for 120fps but 60 is fine. It runs smooth with everything turned up, you can feel the speed of the chase etc.

- WOW, did I just say a Ubisoft game is optimized? Hmmm... maybe because different Ubisoft games are MADE BY DIFFERENT DEVELOPERS. (refer back to "I don't judge games based on their PUBLISHER like YOU DO).

- Game is fun. It's a good arcade simulator made like an MMO. The amount of work that has gone into it designing all the world is amazing. If you can't see that, you're blind.

- "My name is KH, I didn't like the beta so obviously EVERYONE else has to hate it too.... and if they don't, they are idiots right?" It's funny how you consider The Crew Beta "literally one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had" yet you defend DayZ which is a mess. You really are a joke.

Summary: I don't really care what you think, cause you never care what others think. Remember, YOUR OPINION isn't FACT.

Avatar image for gogoplexiorayo2
Gogoplexiorayo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 Gogoplexiorayo2
Member since 2013 • 189 Posts

I am playing through Borderlands The Pre Sequel and Far cry 4.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

@gogoplexiorayo2 said:

I am playing through Borderlands The Pre Sequel and Far cry 4.

Both awesome games. Enjoy :)

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

Let me explain a few things because you (like every day here) think that YOUR opinion is the only one that matters. (maybe one day you will realize that's not true, but I wouldn't bet on it).

My whole post is talking about weighing in other people's opinions lol - Did you miss the part where most of the reviews from both critics and users alike are very poor?

Either you're poor at reading or poor at making your point. Case in point:

"My name is KH, I didn't like the beta so obviously EVERYONE else has to hate it too.... and if they don't, they are idiots right?" It's funny how you consider The Crew Beta "literally one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had" yet you defend DayZ which is a mess. You really are a joke.

It's sad that you've been around these parts forever, make a bazillion posts here, and can't figure out why it's okay for an alpha to be a buggy game and it's not okay for a release game to be a buggy mess. I guess you just don't care about anything? You seem to really fawn over big-budget AAA publisher titles, no matter how poorly received or how poor the launches are, and really like to speak negatively about indie titles that have overwhelming public opinion (not just mine lol). Is it my fault you sound like you work directly for these publishers themselves sometime? You've always got nothing but positive to say about mass-produced publisher titles from EA, Ubisoft, Activision - you name it.

Here's a tip: games that aren't released to the public are allowed to be buggy messes for everyone. Games that are considered in a "finished state", aren't. Always thought that was common sense tbh...

I mean, you're totally entitled to like the game. I never said you have to hate it. I'm just teasing. It makes sense that you just happen to be the only person on the entire internet that I've encountered to speak positively about it. Anyone who supports crapping on our industry is going to get a ribbing from me.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I wish I had time for games at the moment. My Christmas break will be spent revising for exams. I didn't even bring my desktop down because I knew it would distract me. Luckily the HD 3000 in my laptop prevents games from distracting me....

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Because of gpu problems I might be playing solitaire in Windows if I'm lucky.

Not even sure if my shitty onboard graphics can run that.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KHAndAnime

So I played Ziggurat for 30 minutes and it was pretty cool. It's very similar to Binding of Isaac except it's a FPS in the vein of Hexen or Doom. Great graphics, tight control, fluid gameplay, and seems extremey replayable so far. Was very well worth the $7.50.

Also, I played RoN: Extended Edition for a little bit to see how the game looks and feels. It looks amazing. I'm not sure what it is, but the seems like the animations feel more fluid, I remember the animations used to stutter a little in massive battles but everything I've seen so far in here has been smooth as butter. I'm not exactly sure how much they cleaned up the graphics, but it looks beautiful for such an old RTS. The artwork is so detailed and vibrant. Soundtrack is so good too...mmmm...

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Elite: Dangerous, surprisingly enough. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. I'm in the process of cutting a piece of pine into a shape that supports my keyboard + mouse and HOTAS set up.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

DAI,all day long,every day

Playing 3 characters at the same time.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

My whole post is talking about weighing in other people's opinions lol - Did you miss the part where most of the reviews from both critics and users alike are very poor?

Either you're poor at reading or poor at making your point. Case in point:

"My name is KH, I didn't like the beta so obviously EVERYONE else has to hate it too.... and if they don't, they are idiots right?" It's funny how you consider The Crew Beta "literally one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had" yet you defend DayZ which is a mess. You really are a joke.

It's sad that you've been around these parts forever, make a bazillion posts here, and can't figure out why it's okay for an alpha to be a buggy game and it's not okay for a release game to be a buggy mess. I guess you just don't care about anything? You seem to really fawn over big-budget AAA publisher titles, no matter how poorly received or how poor the launches are, and really like to speak negatively about indie titles that have overwhelming public opinion (not just mine lol). Is it my fault you sound like you work directly for these publishers themselves sometime? You've always got nothing but positive to say about mass-produced publisher titles from EA, Ubisoft, Activision - you name it.

Here's a tip: games that aren't released to the public are allowed to be buggy messes for everyone. Games that are considered in a "finished state", aren't. Always thought that was common sense tbh...

I mean, you're totally entitled to like the game. I never said you have to hate it. I'm just teasing. It makes sense that you just happen to be the only person on the entire internet that I've encountered to speak positively about it. Anyone who supports crapping on our industry is going to get a ribbing from me.

Like I said in another post, you need help. It seems that you 'enjoy' making a discussion out of the most random and stupid things you find on the forums. My first post was a response to the topic that I had just bought The Crew and then you went on a tantrum about me being a fanboy and supporting crapping on the industry. You're so full of BS it's amazing you don't even realize what you post anymore.

I've probably played more indie games than you dude, so don't give me all this crap about me only supporting AAA titles. And FOR THE FOURTH TIME (fingers crossed it gets into your brain this time), I judge games based on THE GAME, not if they are AAA titles, not if they are Indie titles, not if they are from a specific developer or publisher.

The Crew had no poor launch, works perfectly well and runs great, so please tell me how I am supporting a buggy mess?

Merry Xmas dude, but seriously take a piece of advice and realize that they way you react is childish and immature.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TDuiker
Member since 2004 • 11689 Posts

Ive been playing farcry 4, also i got dead space 3, still havent plaed that though. and i got simcity 2013 :P

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

The Crew had no poor launch, works perfectly well and runs great, so please tell me how I am supporting a buggy mess?

No poor launch? Well, that's your opinion, because I can show you a long list of people who disagree with you here. The majority of the users are claiming to have problems with the game. Hell, even people giving it good review scores are saying...

Overall, I have enjoyed the game. If you can deal with a few bugs and many disconnects, I recommend you buy the game now and have some fun. However, If you are one of those people that gave Skyrim a bad rating because of bugs and game freezes, then wait till the devs have solved some of the issues before buying this game.

I'm just pointing out things. I couldn't care less what you buy lol. It's not worth getting mad about. You should maybe take some chill pills if you can't take someone poking at your buying habits. It's funny to see someone bet their money against user and critic opinion alike and always be satisfied in the end. It's as if the publishers send you the "special edition" of each game free of the problems that trouble the rest of the world. Similarly, publishers always send me the "fucked edition", meaning I'll always experience common problems with titles, so I have represent the opinion of the people who have shitty experiences with broken launch titles. It stands out particularly to me because most people will go "yea, the game is good, but it has problems", but then I'll always find your post where you'll typically follow up with a reply how every game runs perfect for yourself and it's interesting ot see how you've never had a single problem with any game in your entire life. I wish someone gave me the bug-free editions of The Crew, Far Cry 4, or BF4 at launch :( Instead, I got the same broken crap everyone else on the internet is reporting about.

You seem to confuse "typing" with "being angry". Lots of people in this thread are typing - that doesn't mean they're throwing tantrums. Maybe you get angry typing replies on forums - but if you do, why bother replying at all? I type at 115+ WPM average, it only takes a minute for someone like me to write a longer post. I'm not saying you can't like the game, but since you seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that most people are having problems with the game, I'm sure it's not a problem for me to point it out that just because you have had a bug-free launch experience doesn't mean the game has a good launch - there's more opinions to consider than just your own.

You're so full of BS it's amazing you don't even realize what you post anymore.

Maybe you're the one who lacks understanding? Money is like voting. You're basically voting for publishers to release unfinished games upon the public. You clearly haven't once demonstrated that you understand this concept. How do you deny that you're encouraging developers to release more unfinished titles? It's not bullshit at all. What's bullshit is supporting developers who **** over the people who enjoy playing on the same platform as you. I understand that even if a game works well for me, I'm not necessarily going to support it because I consider the big picture - there are more people in the world than just myself. It's fine if you like to buy what you like to play and don't really care about the principals behind it, but I don't know how you can say you don't understand how you're supporting buggy launches by buying games with buggy launches.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

I don't get angry, especially not for the kind of posters like you that think they have lived 1000 years and know it all. What annoys me though is that you think (for some stupid reason your brain desires) you can dictate what people can and cannot buy, and on top of that, accuse people of "supporting crapping on the industry".

Don't give me the lecture of me not understanding and money is like voting, because YOU defend games like DayZ which is a buggy mess and where the devs just fall back on "oh well, we are in beta for years so that's our excuse". You're basically a hypocrite, don't accuse someone else of the same thing you do.

If you want to get down to details, The Crew isn't buggy. It works fine, and launch was fine too. Oh, so a few people had problems....yes, it always happens. Remember that on the net the people that have problems complain, not the ones without them. Is the game perfect? no, it has a few rubber banding issues here and there which the next patch will hopefully fix.

When a fully released game has issues, I'm the first one to complain. SWTOR's optimization was a disaster at launch, which is now fixed. Far Cry 4 should of launched a bit more optimized, but is still totally playable. These games are MUCH more complex than something like Binding of Isaac which you praise as a quality product. I'm sure that if the devs of Isaac created a world like Far Cry 4's then it wouldn't be all perfect either.

GET THIS INTO YOUR BRAIN FOR THE LAST TIME (and I'm not responding anymore):

- You can't dictate what other people find fun

- You can't dictate what other people buy

- Get your facts right before speaking again. You don't have the final version of The Crew (since you hated the beta) so you DO NOT KNOW how well it runs, so don't go all hero and accuse people of supporting a "buggy mess". Go back and re-read your posts and see how many times you have accused me of supporting buggy releases, coming from a guy that doesn't even OWN THE DARN GAME.

Merry Xmas

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Let's take it easy, guys. Everyone can like or dislike whatever they want but let's keep it respectful.

I'll be playing Elite Dangerous. I've had an Asus Rog Swift for several weeks now and I just swapped out my two 290xs with two GTX 980s so now I can do gsync too and it looks phenominal in Elite. Beyond that, Farcry 4, maybe some Five Nights at Freddy's 1 and 2, some Star Citizen, and if I get bored of that I'll go back to Sunset Overdrive.

-Byshop

pl4yer_f0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pl4yer_f0und
Member since 2009 • 990 Posts
@jun_aka_pekto said:

I'm thinking of buying Far Cry 2 (FC2). I was replaying FC1 on my kid's PC. But, she's using it again.

I loved FC2. It's very different from FC1, though. Its a great game IF you stick with it. Took me a long time to learn to like it, but once I did, I couldn't stop playing. Bump up the difficulty, or download the realism mod, and the world beccomes a very dangerous, unperdictable world, unlike most open world games. Everytime I've played through the campaign, the AI always does something to surprise me.

Currently though I'm playing through Dragon Age 2. Not a terrible game, but I'm fifteen hours into it, and there still isn't a coherent story, and getting really tired of these fantasy RPGs. Also, I'm replaying Tiberium Sun. The old CnC games have such personality to them, still as fun as the first day I played them. And I always go back to Skyrim as there is always more to do in that game.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#33 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

FONv and Lords of the fallen. Also started a little gem called Unholy Heights, man that game is addictive.