What are you playing from F2P multiplayer games on PC?

Kopogero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kopogero
Member since 2010 • 149 Posts

It would also help, but won't be necessary to share your reasons for your choices. My last multiplayer F2P PC game was Path of Exile and I had good 3 weeks spent on it. I'll definetely come back to it on November the 20th unless something else by then captures my attention.

For me it was the permadeath thing that made it interesting with character progression. Game though doesn't feel as competitive as I would hoped.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

I play Planetside 2 off and on occasionally. I've got about 70 hours invested in the game. Definitely one of the best multiplayer FPS's out there. I also play Rift which is technically free to play even though I pay for a subscription.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

I've been playing Blacklight Retribution for a long time, it's a pretty solid FPS with this unique see-through-walls feature (at least I didn't see it in any other FPS). As you press V you can see enemies as sillouettes for a short time, and you can't shoot while doing that. It really grabbed me, but some beginners find it too hard.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59481 Posts

Played abit of Quake Live. Wonderful.

JasonN36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 JasonN36
Member since 2014 • 160 Posts

Dota 2 and PS2 for now.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

I play Planetside 2....

This. Two seconds before seeing this thread I hear that Dice games plans to coincide the new Star Wars Battlefront with the next Star Wars movie. I, however, am considering just sticking with Planetside 2 rather than spreading my retro-futuristic sci-fi shooting over two games.

That's how good of a f2p shooter it is. Its pretty hardcore PVP but there are so many things to do and ways to play and everything is so organic. It just shifts moment to moment with the flow of battle.

One second you're floating above the tundra, with let's say a glass of wine by your side, looking for targets. The next your mounted on a hill pounding enemy armor with a ground-to-ground cannon against targets too busy defending themselves from other tanks to notice you. Next, your holed up in a safe room in enemy territory mending friendly mechs who are pouring in an out of the room.

See what you like doing and specify your character accordingly. Planetside 2 is a nearly perfect ten. Not to troll but its hard to believe the same people who screwed up the Matrix, arguably Star Wars, and to a lesser extent the DC Universe made it.

Kopogero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kopogero
Member since 2010 • 149 Posts

When it comes to Planetside 2 what turned me off the most was the hackfest that was out of control. I wonder how things are now regarding that.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm....

Catchant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 Catchant
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Runes of Magic, doesn't suit to PVP lovers or skill shooters very well and instead takes some knowledge to be played effective. I like it because its free, it's relaxed and it offers lot of options with styling your looks, house, mount etc. Many other games might offer this too though.