What are Red Alert 3 ULTRA HIGH requirements?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crazy_M_Tz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Crazy_M_Tz
Member since 2008 • 56 Posts

Comrades! I seem to be unable to extend my Battle Lab's capability. I can run Red Alert 3 on high graphics, but not Ultra High graphics. (This also applies to CnC3 Tiberium Wars, as they use the same engine)

It seems I have a processor of 3.0GHz single core, with 1.5GB RAM, and 256VRAM that has 2.0 shaders/pixels etc... which all runs on a XP system.

I can select 'Ultra High' graphics on the game, but the gameplay slows down, and I don't get anything spectacular as seen on some videos and screenshots. The emphasised bloom effect, extra particles, and water smooth edges are non-existent and nothing has changed from 'High' graphics.
This also happens in TW, where the road seems plain and smooth, and not realistic (if you've played World In Conflict on high graphics, you'll know what I mean).

I was wondering, what could be the cause of this? Is it.. my processor? My RAM? Or my Video card?

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

How the heck should we know? The info you give from your specs is useless. You diden't list any specific graphics card or processer.

The only thing I can "guess" is that it may be the CPU because its single-core.

machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 machiavell8x8
Member since 2008 • 1399 Posts
99% its your video card, assuming you've updated to the newest drivers. or the screenshots you were looking at were mods or edited config files. either way, your due for a new computer. id focus on a "decent processor" but nice motherboard and videocard. for videocard i suggest the 4890 or 275
Crazy_M_Tz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Crazy_M_Tz

How the heck should we know? The info you give from your specs is useless. You diden't list any specific graphics card or processer.

The only thing I can "guess" is that it may be the CPU because its single-core.

JangoWuzHere

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+, RADEON X850 Series 256MB

Crazy_M_Tz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Crazy_M_Tz

... updated to the newest drivers. or the screenshots you were looking at were mods... machiavell8x8

These were official screenshots, and graphics drivers have been updated. Anyone else think its either the graphics or processor?

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="machiavell8x8"]... updated to the newest drivers. or the screenshots you were looking at were mods... Crazy_M_Tz

These were official screenshots, and graphics drivers have been updated. Anyone else think its either the graphics or processor?

It's both, your PC isn't good enough to max it out.