What about Diablo 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ttomm1946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ttomm1946
Member since 2004 • 1871 Posts

I've been playing the trial version and like it pretty we...Am surprised it runs so well..I have an onboard GPU built in to my APU..HD6530D and it runs everything on high just great

I assume the full game would also?

The game is now 39.95..Is it worth getting?

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts

i wonder is that a laptop ? or desktop. from what i know 6530D is somewhat low-end. but im suprised it run it max setting i wonder at what resolution however

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

The full game is unlikely to run any worse than the demo. If anything updates would suggest it runs better.

ttomm1946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ttomm1946

Ok..thank you

whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

@ttomm1946 said:

I've been playing the trial version and like it pretty we...Am surprised it runs so well..I have an onboard GPU built in to my APU..HD6530D and it runs everything on high just great

I assume the full game would also?

The game is now 39.95..Is it worth getting?

The game is okay - I played it through a couple of times (never beat it on Inferno, it was pretty tough initially but I understand fairly easy now) I bought it at launch and don't regret it but not as good as Diablo 1 or 2

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Never thought I would ever say this.. But Diablo 3 is better on the console then it is on the PC.. Diablo 3 console = splitscreen multiplayer, can be offline, and drop rates that seem much closer to Diablo 2 then Diablo 3.. People gave the AH a hard time, and honestly it was fine.. What Blizzard did to fvck it up was make the drop rates so rare as to basically force the person to go onto the AH.. This destroyed the addictive magic finding loot runs of the second and basically made it into boring gold grinding so you could save enough to go on the AH to do something.. Now this may change come the expansion, but right now.. If you have a PS3 or Xbox360.. I would get it for that.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

Never thought I would ever say this.. But Diablo 3 is better on the console then it is on the PC.. Diablo 3 console = splitscreen multiplayer, can be offline, and drop rates that seem much closer to Diablo 2 then Diablo 3.. People gave the AH a hard time, and honestly it was fine.. What Blizzard did to fvck it up was make the drop rates so rare as to basically force the person to go onto the AH.. This destroyed the addictive magic finding loot runs of the second and basically made it into boring gold grinding so you could save enough to go on the AH to do something.. Now this may change come the expansion, but right now.. If you have a PS3 or Xbox360.. I would get it for that.

You do realize that because there is an AH, the drop rates are extremely rare "as to basically force the person to go to the AH." The problem IS the Auction House.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

The full game should run just as well as the demo, although you may start to get some slowdown in late game/higher difficulties, when there's huge mobs, and tons of skill/spell effects going at once.

As for the game, I still like it quite a bit. The combat itself is second to none in the genre, so fast and fluid. It's the underlying systems of the game that makes it a mere shadow of what it should/could have been. Although, the upcoming changes with the expansion + Loot 2.0 + closing auctions houses are extremely promising.

My advice? Get Path of Exile, which is free to play, as far from pay2win as a free game can possibly be (that is, not at all), and quite possibly the best isometric ARPG ever made. Then get Diablo 3 later on, with the expansion and loot changes, and after the game economy has had a while to normalize and recover from the closing of the auction houses.

ttomm1946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ttomm1946

thanks..i have Torchlight 2 but can't really get into it

Tom

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@ttomm1946: I also enjoyed Torchlight and Torchlight 2 quite a bit, but they didn't hold the attention well enough to continue playing after finishing the main campaign. You should definitely try Path of Exile. Much more engaging in the long run, with far deeper item and skill systems.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Id wait for the next patch ..There really cleaning up the mess left buy the last guy who ran it..The new expansion is also coming out..The patch will create better items so I heard..Ill be trying it again with the next expansion myself..

PlusFour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PlusFour
Member since 2011 • 125 Posts

The game has improved massively since launch. They're removing the AH (real money and gold) soon which means they should be able to give decent drop rates and actually make the game more enjoyable.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Elann2008 said:

@sSubZerOo said:

You do realize that because there is an AH, the drop rates are extremely rare "as to basically force the person to go to the AH." The problem IS the Auction House.

.. No it is not, because the AH would have fine if they didn't do the extreme rare dropping rate to promote using it.. We had AH's in D2 online with D2JSP.. Hence why I said the AH in it self wasn't the problem, it was the fact of them forcing you to use it to get items because the drop rates were so low.. which was my point.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17679 Posts

Hated DIII on the PC, but I love it on my PS3. I'm picking up the expansion for the PS4 also.