We're talking oldschool...who still plays ....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

Unreal Tournament....the original? I'm thinking about loading it back up...but only if people still play it.

Grim_Wolf88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Grim_Wolf88
Member since 2006 • 901 Posts
Last time I played was last summer. Still a fun game. But I played it with friends so I can't comment on the online.
THERSOfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 THERSOfi
Member since 2005 • 1214 Posts
I played a few months ago, still plenty of servers and people playing to keep you busy.
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts
I actually still have it installed, but haven't played in some months.
Di0nysus80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Di0nysus80
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts
You want old school, I still love to play X-COM: UFO Defense :)
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

Ahh the original UT.. my favourite in the series by far. Such an awesome game!

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#7 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts

The really old games that I am playing are:

Age of Empires

Quake 3

Diablo

BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 BlackAlpha666
Member since 2005 • 2614 Posts
I just started playing Jagged Alliance 2 for the first time. Pretty good game but the difficulty is brutal. I had to cheat by giving my characters extra action points that they can spend each round. Without that I just couldn't win. Next I'll be re-playing KOTOR1.
jfsebastianII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 jfsebastianII
Member since 2007 • 1084 Posts

i wouldn't dare load up UT again - i spent millions of hours on it before - if you've got all the extra GOTY stuff there's so many combinations it's possible to have and really addictive - i used to be SO good with the sniper rifle - but i just don't dare go there now - there's just not enough hours in the day

also, unlike a normal SP game where you're moving through a plot, i don't feel i've acheived anything by just playing tournament-based FPS (though none of it's really 'achieving' anything...)

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
sorry.. I'm what you call a Quake 3 fanboy, but I'm sure there are still plenty of people who play it.
boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

i wouldn't dare load up UT again - i spent millions of hours on it before - if you've got all the extra GOTY stuff there's so many combinations it's possible to have and really addictive - i used to be SO good with the sniper rifle - but i just don't dare go there now - there's just not enough hours in the day

also, unlike a normal SP game where you're moving through a plot, i don't feel i've acheived anything by just playing tournament-based FPS (though none of it's really 'achieving' anything...)

jfsebastianII

LOL, i know what your talking about. I don't know how much time I spent with that game. I just can't seem to really get into these new UTs. 2004 was pretty ok, but UT3 is just missing something. Doesn't even feel the same.....plus they took out Assault, WTF?!?

jfsebastianII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 jfsebastianII
Member since 2007 • 1084 Posts
[QUOTE="jfsebastianII"]

boostud

LOL, i know what your talking about. I don't know how much time I spent with that game. I just can't seem to really get into these new UTs. 2004 was pretty ok, but UT3 is just missing something. Doesn't even feel the same.....plus they took out Assault, WTF?!?

yeah, not tried UT3, but '04 was surprisingly derivative of the first, but less good - a case of the better the graphics, the less fun the game somehow...

df853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 df853
Member since 2004 • 1433 Posts

Old school eh? How about the old DOS-based AD&D games... The first 3 that come to mind are:

1. Curse of the Azure Bond
  2. Silver Blades
  3. Pools of Darkness

Anyone play any of those? Graphics were terrible, but they were amazing games.