"Watch Dogs for PC looks stunning" -Jonathan Morin

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by remiks00 (2618 posts) -

Not sure if this has already been posted, the search function is still not showing results for me...guess it's not fixed yet...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-dogs-for-pc-looks-stunning-on-high-settings-ubisoft-says/1100-6418228/

The PC version of Ubisoft's upcoming open-world action game Watch Dogs will look "stunning," so long as you're playing at high settings, creative director Jonathan Morin has said on Twitter.

"PC on very high setting is REALLY stunning if you ask me," Morin said, responding to a fan who asked him to compare the PC version with the console versions.

Morin also said the PC version of Watch Dogs will feature "very high" density, meaning the game will be able to handle lots of on-screen characters, vehicles, and physics effects at once.

But can your PC rig run Watch Dogs? Morin revealed the official minimum system requirements for Watch Dogs and they are available below. Unfortunately, the official recommended system requirements have not been announced.

In October, the game's "ultra" specifications leaked, recommending over 8GB of system RAM alongside a Nvidia GTX 670 or Radeon HD 7970 graphics card and an Intel Core i7-3930K or AMD FX-9370 processor. The leak also suggested that you'll need a 64-bit system to run Watch Dogs, though none of this is confirmed.

Those "Ultra" specs still have not been confirmed. But the Minimum specs have.

Official Watch Dogs Minimum PC System Requirements:

• Processor: IntelCore 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz or AMDPhenom II X4 940 3.0Ghz
  • Memory: 6GB RAM
  • Video card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 Shader 5.0
  • Sound Card: DirectX9
  • Hard drive: 25 GB
#2 Posted by PredatorRules (8996 posts) -

It looks good but nothing revolutionary

#3 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4394 posts) -

It better look stunning to justify those requirements. 6gb of ram? Has there even been a game before that required 6gb of ram?

#4 Posted by SteXmaN (503 posts) -

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

It better look stunning to justify those requirements. 6gb of ram? Has there even been a game before that required 6gb of ram?

Nope.

He also promised that they will show PC gameplay before the release,so lets wait and see but judging by the reqs i'm quite optimistic.

#5 Edited by Postosuchus (398 posts) -

@Toxic-Seahorse:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

COD Ghosts did, but that was artificial. This game better have some huge maps and lengthy draw distances with that requirement.

#6 Edited by joseph_mach (3626 posts) -

Shesh. Just when I thought I was good for another year or two with my current rig for maxed settings. If these are true, and the trend continues, I'll have to upgrade my rig sooner than I thought. And yeah...I'm the type that likes to be ahead of the curve. Darn, expensive, hobby...bah! Who am I kidding? That's part of the fun. Time to start planning the next build!

#7 Edited by BattleSpectre (7530 posts) -

Steep minimum requirements. I wonder if the PC version will match what was shown at E3 2012.

#8 Edited by vfibsux (4390 posts) -

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

Good to see someone pushing the limits of the PC rather than catering to console shit.

#9 Edited by mastershake575 (8364 posts) -

@vfibsux said:

Good to see someone pushing the limits of the PC rather than catering to console shit.

Normally I would agree but then again this game is made by ubisoft (creators of the ubiport) so I'm not setting my hopes too high (pretty much every game for the last 5 year by ubisoft has had steep requirements due to shitty optimization and bugs). There's literally like one or two exceptions

Hopefully they do get there shit together and push the limits (I hope that's the case this time around)

#10 Posted by wis3boi (32062 posts) -

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

sims 3 is using 6 right now on my system as I type this

#11 Edited by Postosuchus (398 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

sims 3 is using 6 right now on my system as I type this

Wow, does your town have like 500 sims in it or something? I got to ~4.5gb once and that was with a 600mb save with around 300 sims.

#12 Posted by the_bi99man (11062 posts) -

It better be using entirely different assets and lighting systems than the most recent PS4 footage, or else there's no way in hell it will be "stunning".

#13 Edited by Cloud_imperium (6931 posts) -

Game looks stunning on PC .? Shocking !

Anyways , hopefully this isn't PR talk . I want E3 2012 visuals . (Sony confirmed footage on right to be from PS4)

Loading Video...

#14 Posted by Horgen (111430 posts) -

64bit is a natural requirement if it requires more than 4GB of RAM.

Seems I really need to OC my GTX 680 if I want good settings in this game. I somehow doubt the CPU requirement there. An i5 (2500K or newer) at 4.2 or higher is packing plenty of power.

#15 Edited by kraken2109 (13253 posts) -

I'm looking forward to this

#16 Edited by Jimmy_Russell (991 posts) -

I'm not into violating the 4th amendment constitutional rights of American citizens, so I'm strongly against this game and it's premise. I believe it is CIA sanctioned operant conditioning to usher in the new age of sousveillance. I would stay the hell away from stuff like this, it's detrimental to your freedom and your basic human rights to privacy.

#17 Edited by BattleSpectre (7530 posts) -

Ok, wow, first of all let me apologise to my fellow gamers. When I heard about the rumours (or facts) about Watch Dogs being downgraded since it's reveal at E3 2012 I dismissed it, not that I didn't believe it, but because I thought it was very minimal without checking out any videos to see for myself. This video is the first that I've watched comparing the two, and boy am I disappointed/shocked. Don't get me wrong, I'm still looking forward to the game and will still buy it regardless, but the difference is significant.

Times like this make me want to invest into a better GPU, but even then how do we know the PC build isn't affected? I hate to see this, because chances are The Division will have the same fate. Maybe I'm too much of a graphical whore, but yeah.

#18 Posted by Horgen (111430 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: I really hope the PC version looks like what we saw in 2012 or better... PS4 version looks like GTAIV on PC to me :(

#19 Posted by Cloud_imperium (6931 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

@Cloud_imperium: I really hope the PC version looks like what we saw in 2012 or better... PS4 version looks like GTAIV on PC to me :(

Yep . Hopefully it'll be better on PC .

BTW check this out . GTA 4 on PC , modded . Looks amazing .

Loading Video...

#20 Edited by Jimmy_Russell (991 posts) -

Games don't require more than 4GB of RAM unless they are horribly unoptimized and full of memory leaks.

#21 Posted by Horgen (111430 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: Where can I get that mod?

#22 Edited by Cloud_imperium (6931 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

@Cloud_imperium: Where can I get that mod?

Check Video Description .

#23 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17566 posts) -

What reason don't they have to say this ? "Sure, the version we haven't shown for years now, looks stunning, please believe us on our word"

Yeah, I don't believe Ubisoft or any of their CGI trailers, I'll believe it when I see PC footage recorded by someone else.

#24 Edited by PcGamingRig (7185 posts) -

How does two 6950s compare to a 7970?

hopefully I'll be able to run it. EDIT: maxed out I mean. :)