WarZ Colorado Diaries Series

This topic is locked from further discussion.

streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 streetridaz
Member since 2003 • 3276 Posts

Thanks for all the support you guys have given me on my other videos. Hope you enjoy These. If you are a DayZ fanboy please don't come in just to dislike and make rude comments. This game is direct competition for DayZ and competition only makes the genre better and forces each game to be better then the other. I'm enjoying this game a lot. You should check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQh3dMZMnuM&list=PLO_V7bBCMCpgG2GLWvzeeCQerOQ3kx9xD&index=3

SharkheadHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SharkheadHD
Member since 2012 • 227 Posts

You shouldn't have charged that guy headon with your bat... he was waiting for you to run out of ammo and you played straight into his trap. Should've thought twice about what he was trying to make you do XD

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Can't believe I was excited for WarZ at one time. The game is fvcking atrocious.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#4 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Can't believe I was excited for WarZ at one time. The game is fvcking atrocious.

seanmcloughlin

yep. They did a good job marketing it early on.

I'm just glad I got to try it out with a guest pass and didn't waste any money on it.

Lyncaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lyncaster
Member since 2011 • 228 Posts
i honestly dont get the hate :P Its cool, and Its in early beta. You know what else wasnt all that great in the begginng? MINECRAFT.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

i honestly dont get the hate :P Its cool, and Its in early beta. You know what else wasnt all that great in the begginng? MINECRAFT.Lyncaster
Minecraft had creative flair and positive community engagement, this side of capturing the enthusiasm and the imagination of a community.

This hasn't. The development and its current state looks absolutely dire; and quite frankly I'd rather see a better games trying to do this kind of formula.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="Lyncaster"]i honestly dont get the hate :P Its cool, and Its in early beta. You know what else wasnt all that great in the begginng? MINECRAFT.skrat_01

Minecraft had creative flair and positive community engagement, this side of capturing the enthusiasm and the imagination of a community.

This hasn't. The development and its current state looks absolutely dire; and quite frankly I'd rather see a better games trying to do this kind of formula.

It was marketed very well and looked great in PR videos, but the version you get to play now is so lifeless and clumsy. The world feels extremely dull and empty, visuals are horrible when you actually play it, they looked fine in videos. Zombies have bad AI and are far too easily defeated.

But then again if I hadn't played DayZ I would probably find it pretty decent. But after so much DayZ this feels so cheap and amateurish. Like with_teeth26 said, thank God I just used a guest pass.

Lamb_Jalfrezi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Lamb_Jalfrezi
Member since 2002 • 178 Posts

Thanks for all the support you guys have given me on my other videos. Hope you enjoy These. If you are a DayZ fanboy please don't come in just to dislike and make rude comments. This game is direct competition for DayZ and competition only makes the genre better and forces each game to be better then the other. I'm enjoying this game a lot. You should check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQh3dMZMnuM&list=PLO_V7bBCMCpgG2GLWvzeeCQerOQ3kx9xD&index=3

streetridaz
Thanks for that. Played a bit of DayZ a while ago and enjoyed it. How does WarZ compare at the moment, worth a look?
streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 streetridaz
[QUOTE="SharkheadHD"] I know that was stupid of me. LOL

seanmcloughlin
Everyone has an opinion. I'm liking it much much better then DayZ
[QUOTE="streetridaz"]

Lamb_Jalfrezi
Thanks for that. Played a bit of DayZ a while ago and enjoyed it. How does WarZ compare at the moment, worth a look?

I like it better. More polished. Less clunky and much harder to avoid other players. ;) you'll get killed way more in WarZ. It's in very early stages and they are still releasing new features each day.
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

I thought the Beta had an NDA? or was i wrong.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Was hoping this would move the zombie genre ahead like Dayz and Project Zomboid, but the few days ive played is terrible. No good atmosphere, Shooting feels wrong and to be honest the only thing it does better than DAYZ is the Inventory/picking up items.

The only thing DAYZ can learn from Warz is about Inventory and picking items up.

Very dissapointing even in early form, its just not fun at all for me. The thing that I loved about Dayz was its atmosphere and how fun it was for me to play, Warz has horrid atmosphere and a low fun factor for me personally.

Hope things improve but it sure is nto looking good.

Nice videos though dude, I dont even like the game but well done on the videos!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

with_teeth26

I'm just glad I got to try it out with a guest pass and didn't waste any money on it.

Thank god you got a guest pass and didnt waste money :P

streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 streetridaz

The NDA was lifted on Nov 2.

streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 streetridaz

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

kozzy1234

Thank god you got a guest pass and didnt waste money :P

Just noticed your SOA sig pic.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah didn't get to watch last night but watching it tonight!!!!!!
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Game actually doesn't look as bad as i've heard. Wish i got a Guestpass/Beta invite so i could try before i buy.

Lyncaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lyncaster
Member since 2011 • 228 Posts

Game actually doesn't look as bad as i've heard. Wish i got a Guestpass/Beta invite so i could try before i buy.

TwistedShade
want a Code?
streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 streetridaz
[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

Lyncaster
want a Code?

Yeah i have a code if you need one.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

[QUOTE="Lyncaster"]i honestly dont get the hate :P Its cool, and Its in early beta. You know what else wasnt all that great in the begginng? MINECRAFT.seanmcloughlin

It was marketed very well and looked great in PR videos, but the version you get to play now is so lifeless and clumsy. The world feels extremely dull and empty, visuals are horrible when you actually play it, they looked fine in videos. Zombies have bad AI and are far too easily defeated.

But then again if I hadn't played DayZ I would probably find it pretty decent. But after so much DayZ this feels so cheap and amateurish. Like with_teeth26 said, thank God I just used a guest pass.

Don't forget it has been in development supposedly for two years. Hurm.
streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 streetridaz
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="skrat_01"] Minecraft had creative flair and positive community engagement, this side of capturing the enthusiasm and the imagination of a community.

skrat_01

Don't forget it has been in development supposedly for two years. Hurm.

LOL.
streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 streetridaz
The playlist is constantly updated. Were are up to episode 5.
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Looks pretty good although I do agree that the Atmosphere isn't as great as it could be.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

The game is a lot of fun. I think the people that hate it are the ones that get killed by other players all the time.

streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 streetridaz

The game is a lot of fun. I think the people that hate it are the ones that get killed by other players all the time.

SouL-Tak3R
That and also DayZ fanboys. Look it's obvious that they have stole mimicked this game from DayZ & L4D but either way it makes the genre better and forces devs to step it up to beat the other. All games take from eachother. All it does is benefits us the gamers. Some people just don't like it and thats fine they are entitled to dislike things but a lot people (not saying here) are just blindly hating this game because they like DayZ. I liked DayZ too but I like WarZ much better.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Does anyone have a spare code they'd be willing to share? I've been a long-time Dayz fan but this looks pretty interesting as well. No reason not to play both, right?

Anyways, if someone has an extra code I'd be greatly appreciative to try it out, might have to pick this up if it handles itself well enough.

streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 streetridaz

Does anyone have a spare code they'd be willing to share? I've been a long-time Dayz fan but this looks pretty interesting as well. No reason not to play both, right?

Anyways, if someone has an extra code I'd be greatly appreciative to try it out, might have to pick this up if it handles itself well enough.

jer_1
Yeah I'll hook you up with one. PM me.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Pretty interesting to watch the diaries, as someone who loved/played DayZ (haven't played since July though) I'm looking forward to be playing both DayZ and WarZ. Just started playing WarZ last night and my only issues were the audio glitches,bugs and the animation for third person so hopefully they fix those up soon. Also to the people bashing WarZ cause it looks "bad", guess what DayZ was a mod from a completed game and it still had glitches and bugs, WarZ is a game built from the ground up, so stop being ignorant please.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#27 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Pretty interesting to watch the diaries, as someone who loved/played DayZ (haven't played since July though) I'm looking forward to be playing both DayZ and WarZ. Just started playing WarZ last night and my only issues were the audio glitches,bugs and the animation for third person so hopefully they fix those up soon. Also to the people bashing WarZ cause it looks "bad", guess what DayZ was a mod from a completed game and it still had glitches and bugs, WarZ is a game built from the ground up, so stop being ignorant please.

Ballroompirate

Not really, most of the assest in Warz are pulled directly form War inc.

Also it seems like faulty logic to explain a game being built from the ground up on modern technology looking worse than a game engine that came out several years ago.

I'll wait until it releases and maybe try it again but my time with the game left me very unimpressed.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

with_teeth26

Also it seems like faulty logic to explain a game being built from the ground up on modern technology looking worse than a game engine that came out several years ago.

I'll wait until it releases and maybe try it again but my time with the game left me very unimpressed.

cosign 100%, I find it funny that people who like this game say either "You are a dayz fanboy" or "You have not played the game" to people who don tlike WarZ.

I want WarZ to be awesome, but the 20-30 hours I have played of it left me not wanting to play it again for awhile. Its just not as fun as DayZ is to me personally, doesnt mean Im a fanboy, jsut giving my honest opinion. I want WarZ to do well as much as anyone out there, the more good zombie games the better, but so far this is not a very good game, hope it gets better in the future.

And you are also right about the War Inc info, WarZ is just as much a War Inc mod as DayZ is a ARMA mod.

Hope both games turn out awesome but as of now in alpha stage one is fun to me and the other isn't. Why cant people have opinions without them beign fanboys or people that have not played the game? I was lookign forward to this game like crazy but ive not had a good time with it so far at all. Besides the Inventory/Picking up items system, it does nothing else better then DAYZ. That could change down the road though we shall see.

Ive had much more fun in Dayz then WarZ while they both are in alpha and one has a super high fun factor for me personally and the other does not.

Project Zomboid and DayZ have set the bar pretty high for zombie survival games imo, those are the two ive had the most fun with. The Walking Dead has a great story and atmosphere to but is a dif type of game.

Im glad some people are enjoyign the game and I respect your opinion on the game so far, but I also ask tha tyou respect others who are just not having much fun with the game in its current state and have had more fun with dayz. It does not mean we are dayz fanboys, just givign our opinion. I think if they added the invetory/pickign things up frmo Warz into Dayz is would be perfect, same if The WarZ had as satisfying shooting, as good atmosphere and as well done of a game world. Everyone will have different opinions, I dont think you people who enjoy the game are fanboys, you just enjoy the game and thats awesome, I wish I enjoyed it to but I just don't.

Not everyone saying negative things about The WarZ are DayZ fanboys or people who have not played the Alpha of The WarZ, there are some people who are just not ahving fun and are a tad dissapointed (expected a little bit more).

Let's hope both WarZ and The DayZ standalone turn out well, but as of right now the DayZ standalone isnt even out and I prefer DaYz by a long mile (minus the inventory/picking things up being much better in WarZ). I am just dissapointed with WarZ's gameworld, the shooting feel dull and the atmosphere is almost non existent.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ballroompirate

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

with_teeth26

Both have bugs/glitches, while people pretend DayZ is perfect, it isn't. One person might prefer one over the other is their opinion and I respect that, although people hating a game that has been in alpha for only a few months is kind of stupid.

synxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 synxz
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts
The only thing I don't understand is that there's no incentive to NOT shoot someone on sight. Zombies seems like flies - an afterthought. It looks like an fps mmo. I do wish for a good zombie survival mmo but warZ really need to fix these things. DayZ on the other hand, zombies are everywhere and can be a threat. Weapons are scarce and you start with barely with none. These are just things I seen from gameplay vids, I won't play em till it's out of beta but as an observer, I don't see why I should look twice at warZ.
streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 streetridaz
[QUOTE="synxz"]The only thing I don't understand is that there's no incentive to NOT shoot someone on sight. Zombies seems like flies - an afterthought. It looks like an fps mmo. I do wish for a good zombie survival mmo but warZ really need to fix these things. DayZ on the other hand, zombies are everywhere and can be a threat. Weapons are scarce and you start with barely with none. These are just things I seen from gameplay vids, I won't play em till it's out of beta but as an observer, I don't see why I should look twice at warZ.

I personally find zombies much harder in WarZ then in DayZ.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ballroompirate

The only thing I don't understand is that there's no incentive to NOT shoot someone on sight. Zombies seems like flies - an afterthought. It looks like an fps mmo. I do wish for a good zombie survival mmo but warZ really need to fix these things. DayZ on the other hand, zombies are everywhere and can be a threat. Weapons are scarce and you start with barely with none. These are just things I seen from gameplay vids, I won't play em till it's out of beta but as an observer, I don't see why I should look twice at warZ.synxz

Weapons aren't scarce in DayZ once you know the spawn points. Melee weapons in WarZ are easy but guns are pretty damn rare. As for zombies they are pretty easy to kill in both games.