warning to wow players - wrongly banned

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chrisp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chrisp1
Member since 2003 • 377 Posts

before I get started I would like to point that out that I am not in a good mood. And also that I pay my $30 a year to gamespot and I'm not posting on page 151 of the wow thread because no one will ever read it.

Twice last year my inactive wow account was disabled. Yes, thats right my INACTIVE account was disabled because I was "caught" using exploits. Yes, you see its the newest thing...exploiting wow without even having to have it installed on your computer or paying for a subscription. I double checked and indeed it was inactive and had been since I cancelled the subscription. After many e-mails (for each time I was banned) I finally managed to get those blizz reps to deviate from their standard pre-written garbage and actually read what I was saying. So they unbanned me without explanation of anything. Now that I have started up again, it has happened again. Banned for "using exploits". I don't even know what exploits I'm accused of using. I have nothing except the titan toolbar and I don't see how thats an exploit, especially since blizz has a button for add-ons at the char screen. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any suggestions? Hopefully we can compile some info useful to other players.

Jimmybones79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jimmybones79
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts
QQ
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Sounds almost like someone hijacked your account.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts
From the liscence agreement it says something like "Blizzard reserve this right to close accounts with or without warning or reason." Something like that.

Anyway, although I player the game a lot Blizzard do piss me off a lot. Almost as much as the players.
deathseeker41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deathseeker41
Member since 2004 • 819 Posts
Have you tried changing your password?
pwilletts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 pwilletts
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts
you might be getting hacked. Change the pass.
Eadara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eadara
Member since 2006 • 2163 Posts
You got pwned by a hacker
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
i don't get it, how was your "inactive" was banned? Not to mention, if your account was infact inactive, why do you care that it was banned? Something sounds fishy. I don't think we are getting all the info here...
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
You're warning people you got banned? :|
bigUBERpilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bigUBERpilot
Member since 2005 • 329 Posts
My account was keylogged and they banned me for multiple I.P's on account and told me I was sharing, after ofcourse i reported being keylogged and gold stolen the very second I saw it.
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

World of Warcraft has more servers than puny Guild Wars has players.
-Unreal-

Um ya right, get a clue.

Tentpole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Tentpole
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
Change password for sure, WoW is bad anyways
bigUBERpilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bigUBERpilot
Member since 2005 • 329 Posts
WoW>all of you lame o's who watch TV or play a dif game instead lmao
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]World of Warcraft has more servers than puny Guild Wars has players.
GPAddict

Um ya right, get a clue.

It's a joke. And if you really prefer GW over WoW, may I ask you why? I've played over 200 hours of GW and there's really no way I'd ever play it again, the community and the general behaviour of the players are even worse than in WoW, and there's not nearly as much depth and content in it as in WoW. The best part of GW is the lack of subscription fees.
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
[QUOTE="GPAddict"]

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]World of Warcraft has more servers than puny Guild Wars has players.
inoperativeRS

Um ya right, get a clue.

It's a joke. And if you really prefer GW over WoW, may I ask you why? I've played over 200 hours of GW and there's really no way I'd ever play it again, the community and the general behaviour of the players are even worse than in WoW, and there's not nearly as much depth and content in it as in WoW. The best part of GW is the lack of subscription fees.

Please don't turn this into one of those threads lol
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"][QUOTE="GPAddict"]

dnuggs40

Um ya right, get a clue.

Please don't turn this into one of those threads lol

Nah I wont.

Its just that it was such a lame statement. And well I dont really see the joke, but oh well.

Its just like someone choosing to buy a Honda over a Pontiac, I choose Pontiac (yes I drive one).

In the case of WoW and GW, I tried them both and I've chosen GW and I dont regret it one bit. And as far as community yes there are some real jerks, but I mainly play with my guild, and when you play with total strangers, will you never know what you're gonna get, and that is true with any online community I dont care what you say.

And for the record I have nothing bad to say about WoW, if you like it, then that is all that matters, just dont end up on the Tara Banks show LOL! :)

darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
WoW is bad anywaysTentpole
Have you even played it? Or just following the "wow is t3h suck0rz" trend?
PCnoob02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PCnoob02
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts
You have to love how every topic asking for help on either of these MMOs turns into a "gw is better" "no wow is better" topic..../sigh

As far as being banned for no reason, I've never heard of that happening to anyone. Are you sure you didnt maybe do something against the ToS? You could've done it months ago and they could ban you now for it.