Vista Owners, Will you get Halo 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

venomblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 venomblack
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts
Hello, this poll is meant for people already running Vista, or who plan to be by the time Halo 2 is released. There's been a lot of talk about Halo 2 for PC, now I want to see some numbers. If you have no intention of owning Vista and are sticking with XP, please try not to vote, as that doesn't really count towards the poll.
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
If it were free I might play it.... It's not worth actual money though...It's a pretty horrible FPS by PC standards.
ChocoKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ChocoKat
Member since 2006 • 319 Posts

The Halo series was meant to be on the P.C.

icecream76239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 icecream76239
Member since 2005 • 120 Posts
i will not get any halo game or vista. never. i'll quit pc gaming before im forced to buy vista.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
If it were free I might play it.... It's not worth actual money though...It's a pretty horrible FPS by PC standards. SuperBeast
What do you mean it's horrible by PC standards? IMO i think the majority of PC FPS are same old same old. There is no variety and besides battlefield most are extremely boring online. FEAR, Far Cry, Call of Duty 1 & 2 and Unreal Tournament are all similiar games that lack any substance. Good thing battlefield 2 and 2142 came along.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Deihmos
i will not get any halo game or vista. never. i'll quit pc gaming before im forced to buy vista.icecream76239
You must not like progress. Why didn't you stick with Windows 98?
ChocoKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChocoKat

[QUOTE="SuperBeast"]If it were free I might play it.... It's not worth actual money though...It's a pretty horrible FPS by PC standards. Deihmos
What do you mean it's horrible by PC standards? IMO i think the majority of PC FPS are same old same old. There is no variety and besides battlefield most are extremely boring online. FEAR, Far Cry, Call of Duty 1 & 2 and Unreal Tournament are all similiar games that lack any substance. Good thing battlefield 2 and 2142 came along.

Deihmos, I was thinking the same thing. The arrogance of some P.C gamers is quite sickening.

Lukozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lukozer
Member since 2002 • 6286 Posts

i will not get any halo game or vista. never. i'll quit pc gaming before im forced to buy vista.icecream76239

I'm sure you will... :roll:

As for buying Halo 2..... nope, not me

fatMasterFlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fatMasterFlex
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
Not really mad about halo 2 only on vista,kinda makes sense considering microsoft wants to sell more units of it's very buggy product.Anyway halo 2 wasnt really a good game ,it was actually very disappointing only good part is the multiplayer.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I didn't like it on the xbox and I don't want it on my PC =P
ChocoKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ChocoKat

Not really mad about halo 2 only on vista,kinda makes sense considering microsoft wants to sell more units of it's very buggy product.Anyway halo 2 wasnt really a good game ,it was actually very disappointing only good part is the multiplayer. fatMasterFlex

Explain to me how has Vista been a "very buggy product"? I have had little to no problems and those have been due to Nvidia drivers. Now, instead of making baseless comments, how about you post facts or actual experiences of using the product.

I would also like to add that Vista has made a smoother transition from Windows XP, compaired to when Windows 95 came on the scene.

GlenQuagmire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GlenQuagmire
Member since 2003 • 11783 Posts
I'll buy it, and I already own Vista.
FlameMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 FlameMe
Member since 2006 • 1165 Posts
Eh I won't be running Vista any time soon, but I wouldnt buy Halo 2 if I had it. I'm not big on the "console hand me downs" that Microsoft has to offer. The graphics in Halo2 are not so great IMO as to req. Directx10. I think Halo2 is simply a way for MS to try and convince gamers to buy Vista
ravenflt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ravenflt
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
im not going to give up my rights and install MS Vista, they can shove it wer teh sun dont shine
Onliner2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Onliner2
Member since 2003 • 37 Posts

I'm currently running on Vista and am planning on not picking up Halo 2. While I thought Halo was an awesome FPS in general, I never really got into Halo 2. I've played through it on the Xbox but I don't see myself purchasing the same game again, especially after all this time, even though it would allow me to play it on PC. I am however looking forward to being able to play some X360 games on Vista and any future DX10 titles to come.

ufopuller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#16 ufopuller
Member since 2004 • 6054 Posts

Right now that would be the only reason I would get Vista

Platearmor_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Platearmor_6
Member since 2004 • 2817 Posts
Nah not really. The game was designed with a controller in mind, if they've redone it then great, but if its the same then its not really for me. I like to sit back and have mouse sensetivity really high, just snap my view left or right. I was put off a little but the slight lack of response in Halo 1 on PC. And I kinda played it to death on Xbox anyway, the single player has levels that are fun to play through and I never liked the online. Tomuch "British suck!", "Americans are stupid!" going on. And above all to many kiddies with admin.
Avatar image for CubePrime_basic
CubePrime_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CubePrime_basic
Member since 2003 • 3230 Posts
[QUOTE="SuperBeast"]If it were free I might play it.... It's not worth actual money though...It's a pretty horrible FPS by PC standards. Deihmos

"[...] and Unreal Tournament are all similiar games that lack any substance"? right, you Halo fans make me smile... UT destroys Halo in complexity and tactics. Come play the real deal before you say such blasphemy... lol, Halo vs UT... Auto aiming, wannabe weapons, slow movements, kiddish community, no mods, no custom maps... just plain old console filling.
CubePrime_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CubePrime_basic

[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="SuperBeast"]If it were free I might play it.... It's not worth actual money though...It's a pretty horrible FPS by PC standards. ChocoKat

Deihmos, I was thinking the same thing. The arrogance of some P.C gamers is quite sickening.

It's all a mater of perspective, saying Halo 2 is horrible is equally retarded as to say that UT and these other games are similar and that they are EXTREMELY boring online. It's bad to use such derogative terms, but imo, SuperBeast is closer to the truth. and yes Halo 2 is far from the top... I don't judge you for keeping your hands on it, it's a great FPS by Xbox(1) standards.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Deihmos
[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="SuperBeast"]If it were free I might play it.... It's not worth actual money though...It's a pretty horrible FPS by PC standards. CubePrime_basic

"[...] and Unreal Tournament are all similiar games that lack any substance"? right, you Halo fans make me smile... UT destroys Halo in complexity and tactics. Come play the real deal before you say such blasphemy... lol, Halo vs UT... Auto aiming, wannabe weapons, slow movements, kiddish community, no mods, no custom maps... just plain old console filling.

Never said i was a halo fan and yes those games lack substance. It's basically run n gun with no teamwork at all. What tactics does Unreal need? It's all running, jumping and who shoots who first. i prefer games that involves teamwork and that is why I enjoy battlefield 2142 so much. The same goes to the majority of FPS games on the PC it's just the same thing over and over.
CubePrime_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CubePrime_basic
[QUOTE="CubePrime_basic"][QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="SuperBeast"]If it were free I might play it.... It's not worth actual money though...It's a pretty horrible FPS by PC standards. Deihmos

Never said i was a halo fan and yes those games lack substance. It's basically run n gun with no teamwork at all. What tactics does Unreal need? It's all running, jumping and who shoots who first. i prefer games that involves teamwork and that is why I enjoy battlefield 2142 so much. The same goes to the majority of FPS games on the PC it's just the same thing over and over.

I assumed you were an Halo fan because of your sig and other clues. UT is NOT run n gun with no team work. You obviously played in public servers for a short amount of time. It's actually very VERY demanding in terms of map control, individually and in teams. In terms of skills UT takes a big dump on Halo. Movements, weapon switching, special abilities will make any experienced player crush any opponent. Whereas I could play Halo2 again for about 5-6 hours and get decent scores in most matches. Saying that UT2k4 is just plain stupid and I won't let you say it with nothing backing it up. When you say that PC shooters (HL,CS,UT,FEAR, CODs, FC, etc..) are all the same; to what console game do you actually compare them too? Halo?? Wow.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Deihmos

[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="CubePrime_basic"][QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="SuperBeast"]If it were free I might play it.... It's not worth actual money though...It's a pretty horrible FPS by PC standards. CubePrime_basic

I assumed you were an Halo fan because of your sig and other clues. UT is NOT run n gun with no team work. You obviously played in public servers for a short amount of time. It's actually very VERY demanding in terms of map control, individually and in teams. In terms of skills UT takes a big dump on Halo. Movements, weapon switching, special abilities will make any experienced player crush any opponent. Whereas I could play Halo2 again for about 5-6 hours and get decent scores in most matches. Saying that UT2k4 is just plain stupid and I won't let you say it with nothing backing it up.

When you say that PC shooters (HL,CS,UT,FEAR, CODs, FC, etc..) are all the same; to what console game do you actually compare them too? Halo?? Wow.

Have not played halo in years. People should not compare console games to Pc games because they are totally different. One is designed for the controller and the other the mouse.

I know I enjoyed playing COD2 on the Xbox a lot more than the PC. Once again on the PC there is a lack of community and so it was just run n gun with no way to communicate with team mates. On the Xbox it was more team based and you had to communicate with team mates and that i liked. That is basically why I like games like Battlefield on PC since it's never the same thing over and over.

Far Cry i thought was really horrible online for PC but single player was great . I did enjoy the multiplayer on the Xbox and the same goes to FEAR. Basically the problem with many PC games is that there is no community.

DiabeticDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#23 DiabeticDood
Member since 2005 • 4331 Posts
Only if my friend doesn't like it and gives me his copy... The only one reason I own Halo for the PC is to play LAN. And even then it's not a good game so I don't think number two will change the way I think and the fact that it only clocks in at 5 hours sucks!
boo_dat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 boo_dat
Member since 2003 • 704 Posts
here's the deal...Halo 2 is already how old?  I know they've tweaked it in a few areas but since it's release, some far superior accomplishments have hit the shelves.  I mean, yeah, when it came out I thought "holy sh!#...but it's just like any game...it gets old...other companies expand their ideas and thus the cycle keeps going...no, I will not buy it.
hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hcho3
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts

Heck no....

I am buying Vista PC to play games like Alan wake, Crysis, and UT 3. It's not meant to play 3 year old console game. I pass.

DiabeticDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#26 DiabeticDood
Member since 2005 • 4331 Posts
[QUOTE="CubePrime_basic"][QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="SuperBeast"]If it were free I might play it.... It's not worth actual money though...It's a pretty horrible FPS by PC standards. Deihmos

God you're retarded. BF2142 is crap compared to UT2K4. I would choose UT2K4 any day over the BF series or Halo series.
Avatar image for Crunchy_Pickles
Crunchy_Pickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Crunchy_Pickles
Member since 2006 • 268 Posts
Eh, I'll probably get it when I switch over to Vista with my new PC. Vista's not the best, yeah, but considering Microsoft's reputation for OS quality at launch, it's doing pretty damn good compared to past ones.  And I never played much of Halo 2, so I'll probably pick it up and see what I missed (I could always use another generic shooter anyway).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 105506
Member since 2004 • 5285 Posts
Yes i will but a while after its released
Pete5506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers