Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingeliran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kingeliran
Member since 2005 • 1069 Posts

i know it is quite old but sould i get this game? is it good and have good gameplay? (btw it is said it uses HL2 engine is it?

well tell what you think rate it from 1-10.. right now im at 3.5 of getting it..

Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts
Was just too bug ridden for me/10.. but sure, give it a try.
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts

I never liked it...though to be fair...I think i am a bit biased.  I find the whole vampire theme to be lame. 

timstpierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 timstpierre
Member since 2004 • 42 Posts

Seriously, the Old Old Old school Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption was SO much better. Bloodlines was just not fun enough to catch you into the game from the start.

Just Download it or buy it used and you'll see :lol:

warriorlax1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 warriorlax1234
Member since 2003 • 338 Posts
I have played and beat the game. And the hl2 engine used in it imo is very very toned down version. Very lame graphics actualy. And, the game play got very very repetative. Imo, pass on it...
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

Have you guys tried the game at all???

Geez, this game is one of the best games ever made.

Arcadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Arcadius
Member since 2002 • 959 Posts

mimic-Denmark

It surely is a great game, though it felt unpolished at some parts. The story and graphics are also good, and the premise of a sexy vampiress is also appealing.

9types

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 9types
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts
One of the most engrossing games I ever played. It has an outstanding atmosphere, beautiful locations, stylish characters and rich dialogues and storyline. It also has its share of problems and may be an acquired taste for many people, but I would definitely give it a try.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17857 Posts

imho it could have been a real keeper but it was bug ridden. the offical patch doesent exactly help matters much either. there are some unnoficial patches out but i dont know what there like.

the game was also quite badly balanced imho. it needed another year in the oven.

giantraddish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 giantraddish
Member since 2002 • 307 Posts

I love this game. I'd recomend it. Especially at bargain bin prices.

It ain't perfect. People are right when they say it's buggy, save often, you will crash to desktop. Although it is running on the Half-Life 2 engine, it really doesn't take full advantage of it. The game world is pretty small and confined, this is no Elder Scrolls. Its doesn't excel as a shooter, the firearms are kind of weak and the controls in this area are clumsy.

With the weaknesses out of the way... This game has a good storyline. It's fun as heck to play a vampire, the powers you get as you gain XP are a hoot. The characters and voice acting are some of the best to ever to appear in a video game. Vampires (as you may expect) are a little mentally unstable, and the game pulls this off without being slapstick or overbearing and giving each NPC a distinct recognizable personality. The games also pulls off action, drama, horror and comedy at various times. The classes (clans) have a lot of variation in them, you will have significantly different experiences replaying the game as a Nosferatu, Tremer, and Malkavian.

Give it a try. If your one of the people who can't stand its flaws you're only out bargain bin money. If, like me and a lot of others, you can shrug off the sloppy bits and enjoy the gaming goodnes, its a great deal.

gr

Vladie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vladie
Member since 2005 • 78 Posts

Lots of bugs and performance issues, lackluster combat,and one of my all-time favorite games!

I've played through it several times, seems I re-install it every few months.

Bloodlines has some of the best voice-acting,character development,atmosphere,and side quests ever. I can still remember most characters vividly,good good stuff.

It could have easily been one of the all-time greats with a good deal of polish and some re-worked mechanics,as it stands, it's still awesome!

Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts
I didn't play it until the end, but I had fun with it.  The dialog options for a Malkavian, if you like playing a crazy, are entertaining.  
Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Unstoppable_1
Member since 2003 • 2005 Posts

I'd give the game a 8.0. It's good has it's bugs and the engine is not optimized. However the characters are very well made and I like the graphics. The quests are fun and entertaining. There are twists and multiple endings. If you get stuck you can find ample help online. (google.com if you're stuck) There is also a patch out there, and I believe a community patch to address some issues after Troika (the developers) were forced to close.

I'd say it's well worth the try if you're looking for something fresh. Just make sure you got at least 1GB of Ram or more and a good video card and processor. Also watch out for that girl in the club.

This link will give you a better overview of what the game is about.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/vampirebloodlines/walkthrough.php

hillfinger73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hillfinger73
Member since 2004 • 198 Posts
Save your money and download America's Army it free
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#15 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Get the user made patches and persist through the game until you reach hollywood at least. The game is quite good once you get into it but you have to at least try it.
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts
It's a great game and the only problems I found with it were the SLOW loading times. I recommend you download the latest patch before playing it. It's in my top 10 RPGs ever and I'd give it 8.7
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts

Without the patches I would give it 7.5.

Once you install all of the patches it goes up to about a 9.5. It's a very good game that I strongly recommend. 

iceteo012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#18 iceteo012
Member since 2003 • 42 Posts
If not for the bugs, it'll be rite up there with the great RPGs. Buy the game and install the official patch, then play. Sure, its as buggy as hell, but its miles ahead of many RPGs in the market right now
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

mimic-Denmark

I 100 % agree with u :)

To TC , make sure u platch the game to V 1.2 ( officcial) and V 3.5 (unofficial) before playing it , to've best experience with the game :) 

SaDiZTiKStyLeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 SaDiZTiKStyLeZ
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

Imho it could have been a real keeper but it was bug ridden. The offical patch doesent exactly help matters much either. There are some unnoficial patches out but i dont know what there like.

It needed another year in the oven.osan0

It was unplayable on my rig. The short time i played it was like-"Let's see how far i can progress before something happens."
None of the patches, official, or unofficial worked either, fairly disappointing, was fun the very short time i got to play it.

thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
I found the game to be a lot of fun. The graphics could have been better and the bugs were a pain in the backside but the game is still great. I'd suggest downloading the patches before installing it if you buy the CD version. You can also get a download version from Fileplanet's Direct 2 Drive with all the patches included. I'd give the game an 8/10.
HaloEleven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HaloEleven
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts
very well made game. one of my all time favs.
Spindry69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Spindry69
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts
If you like RPG's and something original then get it. I loved it and people mention bugs but I didn't notice a single one. Oh if your scared of ghosts then play the haunted hotel level at night with the lights out :D
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts

I have played and beat the game. And the hl2 engine used in it imo is very very toned down version. Very lame graphics actualy. And, the game play got very very repetative. Imo, pass on it...warriorlax1234

Agreed. 

bodylotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#25 bodylotion
Member since 2003 • 988 Posts
It's worth to buy at a budget price. It's surely is not the greatest game ever but you will like it.