using a game pad on these games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

ok so as you may have guessed im wondering if half life 2 and oblivion on the pc support the usage of a game pad?

thanks.

crazymonkey092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 crazymonkey092
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts
Yes, I believe so. I'm not a 100% sure, but I would think so. =]
t0adphr0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 t0adphr0g
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts

A keyboard/mouse setup offers more buttons and greater control.  Sure, I use a joypad, but only with my arcade games. I've often wondered why a PC gamer would use a console controller on a FPS game.

I know that FPS on consoles are made for joypads because those systems (traditionally) do not have a mouse/board option. Consoles have always had joypads and have been made compact and easy-to-use for that reason.  Are you a recent "convert" to the PC gaming world, and need to be slowly weened off of the controller?

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

A keyboard/mouse setup offers more buttons and greater control.  Sure, I use a joypad, but only with my arcade games. I've often wondered why a PC gamer would use a console controller on a FPS game.

I know that FPS on consoles are made for joypads because those systems (traditionally) do not have a mouse/board option. Consoles have always had joypads and have been made compact and easy-to-use for that reason.  Are you a recent "convert" to the PC gaming world, and need to be slowly weened off of the controller?

t0adphr0g
yes im new to all this pc gaming..and im finding using a keybord to be taxing,..i just dont feel close to the game using the keyboard.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
You could use a Game Pad, but you are better of learning to play with a keyboard/mouse combo. You'll really love the way it works.
Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Iffy350
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Why in the heck would someone want to use a Xbox controller to play Microsoft Flightsimulator X. Thats the most stupid idea I have ever heard of!
Ironhorse001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Ironhorse001
Member since 2002 • 648 Posts

ok so as you may have guessed im wondering if half life 2 and oblivion on the pc support the usage of a game pad?

thanks.

daveg1

You should look into the ****** Nostromo N52 speedpad. Fully programmable, and it works well with FPS and RPG/MMORPG games. Currently I use it with World of Warcraft.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826169003

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
Oblivion does not play right with a game pad. I tried it with the xbox controller and I cannot use the analog stick to look around. Half life is probably best played with the mouse and keyboard. Games like sports, racing etc are always better with a pad but those libraries are basically lacking.
keymaster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 keymaster7
Member since 2006 • 435 Posts
Game pad are more for Action games...Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry 3 needs a game pad...other games...Keyboard/mouse are the best combo