deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@steaminpotatoes: all talk.... like any other game boycott.

Why is it worth boycotting exactly?

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Yeah I saw them too.

I was laughing at the "DLC" and the "Pixel Graphics" xD

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

and i bet atleast half of these trolls will still preorder

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

peasantry hahaha

remember watchdogs hhahahaha

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Farcry 4 Kawaii... wat?

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Hilarious, I fully agree and I definitely won't be preordering or buying their tripe.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

The Steam tag system is complete horse shit.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

The Steam tag system is complete horse shit.

i agree..could have sworn valve were gonna make some changes to it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58889 Posts

@lawlessx said:

and i bet atleast half of these trolls will still preorder

Pretty sure most of 4chan doesn't actually buy games for the most part.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Who cares. A DRM that takes under a second to load and you don't even realize it's there? Boohoo.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#13 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Steam tag is stupid, I never use it or even look at it. So, yay for gamers who exploit something pointless?

also I haven't had any problems with uplay, so cry me a river.

Azghouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 314

#14 Azghouls
Member since 2006 • 815 Posts

Ditto - I don't mind uplay at all. And yep I preordered both of them...collectors of course.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

I don't buy Ubisoft's games so I couldn't care less what superfluous DRM they cram into them.

Salt101010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Salt101010
Member since 2011 • 63 Posts

Pretty funny stuff, and in all honesty Uplay hasn't bothered me too much, it's more the fact that the Watch Dogs PC port was terrible.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@k3ck: Dont realize its there? Its shoving adverts in my face every time I want to launch a Ubisoft game, and its there again when I exit that game to desktop. Its not a social app its an advertisement program and there is no need for it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup

Never had a problem running Uplay through steam because it's simply a jumping point.

However After going back and playing Assasins Creed 3 after many years, the lack of hidden secrets pack installed wouldn't allow the save game to load. Upon checking Ubiosft, the server to actually download the DLC hosted on a third party host and only available for 30 fucking days.

In order to (legally) get the setup file, I had to actually trail through youtube to a server host a fucking player had hosted to help other players who actually fucking bought the thing.

Then, the game wanted to patch. Rather than steam, with a single patch, the fucking thing had to be downloaded, opened, and installed over and over and over again with each patch like it was 1998.

Then... I had to do this with the season pass (about 8 peiced of DLC). Download each one, individually, extract to a folder and wait for each one to install.

If you actually use Uplay, it is fucking garbage. I used it that one time. Never again.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@pelvist said:

@k3ck: Dont realize its there? Its shoving adverts in my face every time I want to launch a Ubisoft game, and its there again when I exit that game to desktop. Its not a social app its an advertisement program and there is no need for it.

I have many Ubisoft games with U-Play and have never once seen an advertisement when launching a game, I haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about. It launches U-Play and then a split second later launches the game. Most of the time I can't even see U-Play because the game load so quickly. When you exit the game U-Play is open and it takes me less than 1 second to close it. I think people (babies) on the internet just like getting upset over nonsensical crap like this. I'm sure some people have had legitimate problems with it but there's nothing bad about U-Play in general other then it's an unnecessary waste of 1/2 a second of my life every time I play a Ubisoft game. I think people need to find something better to whine about...

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

Better to just buy on console tbh. I bought Black List on PS 3 and am loving it. Beat it and can now play multiplayer all I want. Yes Ubisoft does need to release more post patch content.

Bioware does a better job.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

@nutcrackr said:

Steam tag is stupid, I never use it or even look at it. So, yay for gamers who exploit something pointless?

Steam tag system is great. Instead of having to watch videos or scroll all the way down to read the description you can quickly scan right and see what type of game it is. Plus it's players opinion not some overpaid marketing executive. His opinion means nothing and cannot be trusted.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#24 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Uplay needs to die a horrible death but Ubisoft have been making great games the last couple of years and pretty solid PC versions (apart from Uplay).

I'm pretty amazed Ubi haven't figured out how much their third party software is hurting their PC sales, i'm pretty sure its causing more people to pirate their games which was why they created the program in the first place.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

Uplay needs to die a horrible death but Ubisoft have been making great games the last couple of years and pretty solid PC versions (apart from Uplay).

I'm pretty amazed Ubi haven't figured out how much their third party software is hurting their PC sales, i'm pretty sure its causing more people to pirate their games which was why they created the program in the first place.

Yup. Other companies need to stop trying to push their stupid god damn launcher programs and crap like that. Valve beat you to it. Just get on the Steam train and deal with it. Or better yet, sell your games without any kind of DRM at all. It's doing literally nothing curb piracy anyway, and actually driving potential paying customers to pirate instead. Fact.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I've been avoiding Ubisoft games due to be required to use Uplay as well as Steam. They should just make their physical copies use Uplay and the Steam versions just use Steam.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Coseniath

A good friend, was a uplay-ubisoft defender/champion for years.

He loved Assasins Creed Series.

He wanted to finish them all. During summer he has limited time to play cause of his work.

One summer day he managed to find a lot of time, he played 6hours of progress in AC2 without saving. A small dc happened and Uplay stopped his current game, cause of no connection to the uplay server.

All his progress was lost. He uninstalled the game.

After this zero-day incident, he stopped talking about ubisof-uplay-AC...

xD

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

I've never had a problem with Uplay, and I doubt that the vast majority of people "boycotting" Ubisoft games have ever had a problem with it either.

But hey, it's popular to hate on Ubisoft. It doesn't matter what they change to appease the PC gaming audience (and they *do* improve things, all the time), people will keep complaining about them.

EskeenGulag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 EskeenGulag
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

What, steam still has the tag system? that's just for the lulz

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Coseniath said:

A good friend, was a uplay-ubisoft defender/champion for years.

He loved Assasins Creed Series.

He wanted to finish them all. During summer he has limited time to play cause of his work.

One summer day he managed to find a lot of time, he played 6hours of progress in AC2 without saving. A small dc happened and Uplay stopped his current game, cause of no connection to the uplay server.

All his progress was lost. He uninstalled the game.

After this zero-day incident, he stopped talking about ubisof-uplay-AC...

xD

this is why you run uplay in offline mode

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Coseniath
@wis3boi said:

this is why you run uplay in offline mode

This wasn't an option before :P

Avatar image for thereturnoftheg
theReturnoftheG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By theReturnoftheG
Member since 2013 • 89 Posts

Sounds about right to me!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By uninspiredcup

@blutfahne said:

@nutcrackr said:

Steam tag system is great. Instead of having to watch videos or scroll all the way down to read the description you can quickly scan right and see what type of game it is. Plus it's players opinion not some overpaid marketing executive. His opinion means nothing and cannot be trusted.

Agree very much. 4chan (who are the ones primarily doing these tags) seem fairly passionate about gaming. Many gamers are unhappy with Ubisoft and with good right. .Chances probably is annoying some Ubisoft brass at the thought of these tags showing on the store page. Kudas for being creative with the tools you have.

Kinda baffling when you see "oh just shut up stop crying" style posts in regards to companies like Ubisoft. Given the chance they would (and to an extent have) walk all over consumers. Give an inch and all that.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

'remember watch dogs' haha love this one

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#36  Edited By biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I'm sure they're devastated.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#37 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I really don't get the uPlay hate personally. It is just a glorified launcher with some extra stuff added in. I actually like that it links all my AC games together in one place and the bonus points for completing objectives can be used to buy DLC, which is cool. I understand that some people hate the DRM, which i get, I just personally don't have an issue with it. Back when saves weren't local and people were losing hours of progress, that was a big deal, but you can store saves locally now.

As for the price/pre-order thing, just don't pre-order, period. I learned my lesson with A:CM, I wont be pre-ordering another game unless it is the day before release, just to get the pre-order bonuses if it has good reviews. Pre-ordering is the biggest scam around, they want to hook you in before the reviews/word of mouth hits so you still buy the game. One thing I'm never doing again is pre-ordering digital, because at least physical you can return it if it get crap reviews.