Ubisoft's The Division Is Getting A Graphics Downgrade

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Ubisoft's The Division Is Getting A Graphics Downgrade

In other news, Ubisoft's The Division has reportedly been the victim of a visual downgrade. The final game, slated for a 2015 release, won't look as good as it did in the E3 2014 trailers. Sounds similar? Yep! Watch_Dogs underwent a similar treatment, so this doesn't surprise us as much as it would have on a sunny day.

By the way, this is just a rumor, so don't start weeping yet. There's a chance that the downgrade isn't as severe as it was with Watch_Dogs (there's a fix for that, install TheWorse Mod). Let's hope that the downgrade is limited to reduced screen space reflections, as per the report, and not an overall decrease in quality pertaining to the PC version of the game.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

Hopefully it's not true.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

rofl... what horse shit.

no source, no proof... just some new site hunting for clicks. let me do the same thing here:

"NEW RUMOR SAYS MICROSOFT IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!"

its true... because i typed it.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#5 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

That's an unverifiable source. :/

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

F%ucking consoles and their stupid greedy devs/publishers (I really really hope this is a lie because it's my No' 1 anticipated game)

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

I think it's probably inevitable.

Reaction GIF: angry, despair, Woody Harrelson
Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Coseniath

To both cyloninside and Gelugon_baat.

I know its a rumor and I wrote it that it's a rumor. I was also tried to type it at the thread headline but it wouldn't fit (maximum 60 letters).

And to be honest I wouldn't posted it if:

This is a reliable site and its a new site but its the sister site to Techpower up lol... They also had these news at 28May:

Watch Dogs E3 2012 Build Compared To Final PC Build by Preetam on May 28, 2014 9:58 EEST.

Second, Watchdogs graphics downgrade begin with a rumor from people that saw both videos from E3 12 and a game trailer before the game is even release. Ubisoft trolls tried to tell them that this isn't true. Guess who was right....

And third. Because of the previous title they realease, I think the only unreliable thing here is.... Ubisoft...

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cyloninside

@Coseniath said:

To both cyloninside and Gelugon_baat.

I know its a rumor and I wrote it that it's a rumor. I was also tried to type it at the thread headline but it wouldn't fit (maximum 60 letters).

And to be honest I wouldn't posted it if:

This is a reliable site and its not a new site lol...

Second, Watchdogs graphics downgrade begin with a rumor from people that saw both videos from E3 12 and a game trailer before the game is even release. Ubisoft trolls tried to tell them that this isn't true. Guess who was right....

And third. Because of the previous title they realease, I think the only reliable thing here is.... Ubisoft...

the only reliable thing in everything that you typed is that its a rumor.... with no source.... from an obscure website.

hop off the ubisoft hate train for a minute and think before you post unsubstantiated drivel.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Coseniath
@cyloninside said:

the only reliable thing in everything that you typed is that its a rumor.... with no source.... from an obscure website.

hop off the ubisoft hate train for a minute and think before you post unsubstantiated drivel.

Sorry my bad. it was a typo. Ubisoft is the only unreliable thing here :P. And I typed again and again and again. I said this is a rumor... But rumors for ubisoft procuts tend to be true lately...

First of all if you don't know about techpowerup and it's sister site nextpowerup its not my problem. Its one of the best PC hardware sites for around 10 years or more. It has one of the best GPU reviews for games and its the site that created the GPU-Z. Also its the site that first show us the asic quality of a GPU.

I usually don't hate anything apart from some food dishes :P. But I have a negative opinion for Ubisoft since january 2012. Why Guru3D probably never will review Ubisoft titles anymore - Anno 2070 by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 01/14/2012.

Do you think that people shouldn't have opinions? And may I ask why do you defend a multi-billion dollar company which is approved that fooled all PC version of Watchdogs buyers? If you are a shareholder or an employee of Ubisoft I would perfectly understand that you have all the reasons to protect your investmen/job. If not, then why?

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Brought to you by the same company that gave us Watchdogs.

Loading Video...

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cyloninside

@Arthas045 said:

Loading Video...

brought to you by haters that for some reason cant put it together that those videos are from 2 different times of day in game... and thus would not look even remotely similar. sunset in the base game is not that far off from the lighting seen in the E3 video.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cyloninside

@Coseniath said:
@cyloninside said:

Sorry my bad. it was a typo. Ubisoft is the only unreliable thing here :P. And I typed again and again and again. I said this is a rumor... But rumors for ubisoft procuts tend to be true lately...

First of all if you don't know about techpowerup and it's sister site nextpowerup its not my problem. Its one of the best PC hardware sites for around 10 years or more. It has one of the best GPU reviews for games and its the site that created the GPU-Z. Also its the site that first show us the asic quality of a GPU.

I usually don't hate anything apart from some food dishes :P. But I have a negative opinion for Ubisoft since january 2012. Why Guru3D probably never will review Ubisoft titles anymore - Anno 2070 by Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 01/14/2012.

Do you think that people shouldn't have opinions? And may I ask why do you defend a multi-billion dollar company which is approved that fooled all PC version of Watchdogs buyers? If you are a shareholder or an employee of Ubisoft I would perfectly understand that you have all the reasons to protect your investmen/job. If not, then why?

"i hate this company because of this one thing they used to do a long time ago, but changed, because people didnt like it" *links article about said thing that is completely invalid now*

sounds like a legit reason to not like a company *rolls eyes*..... actually, to me... it just sounds like you dont like companies that learn from their mistakes. that is pretty much all im getting from this.

can people have opinions? sure... ofcourse they can. are those opinions regularly dumb and unfounded because it is e-cool to hate on everything? yup, most of the time.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Coseniath
@cyloninside said:

"i hate this company because of this one thing they used to do a long time ago, but changed, because people didnt like it" *links article about said thing that is completely invalid now*

sounds like a legit reason to not like a company *rolls eyes*..... actually, to me... it just sounds like you dont like companies that learn from their mistakes. that is pretty much all im getting from this.

Well if that's what you understood from what I wrote, then you might need to re-read it again. If you don't care you don't have to read it and move on...

@cyloninside said:

can people have opinions? sure... ofcourse they can. are those opinions regularly dumb and unfounded because it is e-cool to hate on everything? yup, most of the time.

And by your divine almighty judgement all these opinions are regulary dumb? hmmm... "There are two types of opinions in this world: Mine, and the wrong one." - Jeremy Clarkson

Also I like the way that you eliminate all facts you (and Ubisoft) don't like. Hardware restricted DRM, DRM, AC games need always online and if you have a small dc you loosing all progress that hasn't been saved, graphical downgrading games.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

If true I'm sure it's due to making it run decent on the crappy "next gen" consoles that are already a gen or two behind PC.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside

@cyloninside said:

@Arthas045 said:

brought to you by haters that for some reason cant put it together that those videos are from 2 different times of day in game... and thus would not look even remotely similar. sunset in the base game is not that far off from the lighting seen in the E3 video.

Dude, Watch Dogs had a graphical downgrade, that's a fact. From what I saw when it was first shown to what I played (maxed out), you have to be blind to not see the lower graphics. Even proven further by the modder that unlocked all those higher settings.

As for The Division, hopefully it's not true, but my gut says it won't look like that just because consoles won't be able to run it that high.... and for some reason developers think all versions should look the SAME, instead of allowing each platform to push the game as much as they can.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

wouldn't be surprising, since ubi lateely has been concerned with making the XB1/PS4/PC versions all converge on the same 'experience' so as not to make the crap hardware in the next gen consoles look bad in comparison

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

The source of the rumor is a really flimsy, but it's definitely seems possible, especially after the whole Watch Dogs thing.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

@wis3boi said:

wouldn't be surprising, since ubi lateely has been concerned with making the XB1/PS4/PC versions all converge on the same 'experience' so as not to make the crap hardware in the next gen consoles look bad in comparison

Like in my other post, I just dont get that type of thinking from the devs.

Why not allow each platform to push the game as far as the platform allows it to?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

Why not allow each platform to push the game as far as the platform allows it to?

Sony/MS want consoles to sell

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

Yes, but console gamers are console gamers, and PC gamers are PC gamers.

I'm pretty sure that even if the PC version looked better, which most console gamers know it normally does, it still wouldn't stop them from buying the console version which is what they play on.

Look at Witcher 2, it sold well on consoles even though CD Projekt didn't dumb down the graphics on the PC version.

I just don't understand it. By pushing the game on each platform you gain the respect of the gamers of each platform, by showing something and then releasing something else you get hate from the gamers. Bad PR.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cyloninside

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

Yes, but console gamers are console gamers, and PC gamers are PC gamers.

I'm pretty sure that even if the PC version looked better, which most console gamers know it normally does, it still wouldn't stop them from buying the console version which is what they play on.

Look at Witcher 2, it sold well on consoles even though CD Projekt didn't dumb down the graphics on the PC version.

I just don't understand it. By pushing the game on each platform you gain the respect of the gamers of each platform, by showing something and then releasing something else you get hate from the gamers. Bad PR.

that is not true... AT ALL

i would say the vast majority of PC gamers are also console gamers. those of us that just want to play games couldnt give 2 shits about which looks better, and the only way to play all good games is to own all ways to play them.

only the elitist PC pricks seem to care which versions look better. they are such an infinitesimal minority, why would a dev care? i doubt they even make up 1% of all sales.

this whole "console peasant" and "pc master race" bullshit needs to stop... its just a further extension of people on the internet finding reasons to be assholes to eachother.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

i would say the vast majority of PC gamers are also console gamers. those of us that just want to play games couldnt give 2 shits about which looks better, and the only way to play all good games is to own all ways to play them.

only the elitist PC pricks seem to care which versions look better. they are such an infinitesimal minority, why would a dev care? i doubt they even make up 1% of all sales.

this whole "console peasant" and "pc master race" bullshit needs to stop... its just a further extension of people on the internet finding reasons to be assholes to eachother.

To me it's not about system wars and being better than anyone else. I use PC because it is the best looking gaming platform, and on top of that it lets me do a million other things.

I could even say I'm a console player cause I have a PS4 which I play FIFA on.

My point has always been that I just don't understand why developers need to dumb down stuff. In any case it's more work. Just let each platform perform at the level it can.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cyloninside

@FelipeInside said:

@cyloninside said:

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

To me it's not about system wars and being better than anyone else. I use PC because it is the best looking gaming platform, and on top of that it lets me do a million other things.

I could even say I'm a console player cause I have a PS4 which I play FIFA on.

My point has always been that I just don't understand why developers need to dumb down stuff. In any case it's more work. Just let each platform perform at the level it can.

its more work to add those extra effects... that only a small percentage of buyers will actually be able to activate. and the PC market is so much smaller than the console market as it is. you are taking a sub section of a sub section of potential buyers.... its not really all that worth it for devs honestly.

im not saying i dont want to see bleeding edge graphics.... i have a 2K dollar PC.... i can run whatever i want on max. im saying from a business perspective, AND TO ALL THOSE THAT FOR SOME REASON FORGET, A DEVELOPER IS A BUSINESS, it makes sense to only offer parity between all platforms. there is no real incentive for a developer to put the extra work into a PC port to make it look "cutting edge". there is almost no financial return for doing it.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Wasn't this game originally a console exclusive anyways?

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#26  Edited By Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

@cyloninside: could u get out of the pc forums and go troll on the system wars or something. All your doing is insulting everyone here with your obvious hatred for pc gamers. Actually you probably hate console gamers also, or anyone who disagrees with whatever you think.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cyloninside

@topgunmv said:

Wasn't this game originally a console exclusive anyways?

nope... it was always going to be on PC

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cyloninside

@Old_Gooseberry said:

@cyloninside: could u get out of the pc forums and go troll on the system wars or something. All your doing is insulting everyone here with your obvious hatred for pc gamers. Actually you probably hate console gamers also, or anyone who disagrees with whatever you think.

on a scale of 1-10... how mad are you right now?

apparently level headed, objective thought is considered trolling now. i guess everyone on this forum has to be initiated into the cult of gaben just to post!

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

Ubisoft hasn't stopped failing me since FC3 during E3 years ago and then the release of the game ... Besides, I don't have friends on UPlayNot to play the game with so I may even pass it.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

From what i've seen, even with a slight graphics downgrade, the division is still going to look gorgeous. So i couldn't really care less.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Wow, are people actually surprised by this? It's Ubisoft!