Try Star Citizen for free this weekend

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Story

Create account here

Code: PAXEASTFREEFLY2K15

If you were on the fence about SC then let us know what you thought

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Been playing it for about a week, its super fun. Just wish I could've tried flying more than fighters, I'm more of a bigger ship kinda person.

slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts

Day late and a dollar short I guess :(

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@wis3boi said:

Been playing it for about a week, its super fun. Just wish I could've tried flying more than fighters, I'm more of a bigger ship kinda person.

I like that the ship they made available was the Hornet and not one of the cheaper ones. The only thing that annoys me about AC in its current versions is that you can't get additional ships to use without spending real money right now. I have three ships that I bought but I refuse to get any more because I only want more ships to play with in AC and I don't care about getting an advantage at launch day.

I really want an M50 but I'm not shelling out over $100 for it.

-Byshop

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I tried that last friday but my PC kept on crashing after a few mins in the game. I have an Intel 4790k CPU, gtx 970, and 16gigs of Ram. I am running the latest Nvidia drivers. One thing was odd because it said I needed to run lastest DX but I already had the latest version already installed. Another thing was it said I need to repair Microsoft VX net, I found that odd. Now my PC is having problems that it didn't have before.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Byshop said:

@wis3boi said:

I like that the ship they made available was the Hornet and not one of the cheaper ones. The only thing that annoys me about AC in its current versions is that you can't get additional ships to use without spending real money right now. I have three ships that I bought but I refuse to get any more because I only want more ships to play with in AC and I don't care about getting an advantage at launch day.

I really want an M50 but I'm not shelling out over $100 for it.

-Byshop

I tried the most basic ship on the first free week they did, the $40 one. Was pretty fun to fly as well, but not by any means a combat ship....more like 'my first explorer'

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Yeah, I bought the Aurora, the 300i and the Hornet. Then I shelled out a few more bucks for the 325i upgrade. I promised myself I wouldn't spend another dime on the game and I set my dollar limit on based on a rough equivilent of what I spent on beta access for Elite.

-Byshop

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Just gave them 45 bucks, this game needs to be as good as I hope it will be.