ToR - HOLIDAY 2011 Release...!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Interview about the design and more stuff. IMO the graphics look fine.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Graphics look great.
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

can't wait, i do hope it is as good as it is looking. :D

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I didn't watch the video, but does anyone know how many voices we will be able to pick from when we create our character? Its already a bit awkward that an MMO character is going to have his/her own "voice."

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

I didn't watch the video, but does anyone know how many voices we will be able to pick from when we create our character? Its already a bit awkward that an MMO character is going to have his/her own "voice."

JangoWuzHere
Given the amount of dialogue i seriously doubt you will be able to pick a voice for your character. I guess you will be stuck with what you get depending on the class.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

GeneralShowzer
Given the amount of dialogue i seriously doubt you will be able to pick a voice for your character. I guess you will be stuck with what you get depending on the class.

Uhh I hope not, that would be pretty damn weak. I expect more from the most expensive game in the world.
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

BioWare always makes games with decent-to-good graphics. Not cutting-edge or anything; usually something that runs well and looks fine, but every now and then you get rival fanboys ( from CDProjekt, Obsidian etc. ) claiming the opposite. It happened with Origins, Dragon Age 2, and now The Old Republic.

People were linking pictures of pre-release versions of Dragon Age 2, low-res videos etc. and they're doing the same now with The Old Republic. I can guarantee you that virtually 90% of the PC RPG elitists on Gamespot are either ardent the Witcher 2 fanboys or Obsiditrons.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

JangoWuzHere

Uhh I hope not, that would be pretty damn weak. I expect more from the most expensive game in the world.

Well, it is what it is when you want a fully voiced character. Like Sheppard, one male and one female, it's a waste of resource to spend money on different actors recording the same dialogue over and over again. Older games you could chose from dozens of different voices, but they weren't fully voice acted and it was more of the line of saying just a few repeated phrases in combat.
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

JangoWuzHere
Every class has an unique voice actor. Does it really matter though? What are the odds of you playing the same class all over again as opposed to the 7 other classes?
Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

He didnt even mention that the game will be only accessable to certian parts of the world.

Ohmy.

Walincas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Walincas
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

I guess I need to use a week off work, to really get into the game, alot easier to ask for that week, when you know when the game is available :)

LUMIN4RY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 LUMIN4RY
Member since 2011 • 416 Posts

It's gonna ROCK!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

JangoWuzHere

I hope not, that would be pretty damn weak. I expect more from the most expensive game in the world.

Really u expect more, you expect that they had hrs and hrs of lines read and reread by tons of people? One voice per class inset enough? Way to try and find something to complain about.
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

People were linking pictures of pre-release versions of Dragon Age 2, low-res videos etc. and they're doing the same now with The Old Republic. I can guarantee you that virtually 90% of the PC RPG elitists on Gamespot are either ardent the Witcher 2 fanboys or Obsiditrons.

SkyWard20

/yawn

It's all a conspiracy against EA/Bioware!!! Dragon Age 2 rocked, baby!!! :roll:

P.S. I can guarantee you that 90% of the multi-platform loving peasants on Gamespot, you know, those who frequently praise and pre-order over-hyped games because they have incredible marketing features like, say, voice acting, hand-holding, and third-rate cinematics/story-telling that only a child/game-reviewer could appreciate are, in fact, Bio-tweens.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
'targeting 2011 release" yes please! :)
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11796 Posts

I am excited for the game, looking forward to it, but I guess that makes me a child ^^ :roll:

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24003 Posts

The release date has been hinted towardsthis for a while. But it is nice to see a confirmation.

I can safetly say the art style has grown on me somewhat. I am no longer overly negative about it. I guess Skyward20 won in this long arguement, I am 95% likely to get SWTOR. Even if it wont be the next mmorpg messiah, it will be a good appetizer while the main courses (ArcheAge, Guild Wars 2 and Firefall) are in development.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

He didnt even mention that the game will be only accessable to certian parts of the world.

Ohmy.

Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
True, but I reckon (hope) soon we will get more information with more countries added to the release. Saying that... here in Australia we haven't been mentioned, but all the shops are taking preorders for ToR so I'm sure it will be fine.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

[QUOTE="Ikuto_Tsukiyomi"]

Ohmy.

FelipeInside

True, but I reckon (hope) soon we will get more information with more countries added to the release. Saying that... here in Australia we haven't been mentioned, but all the shops are taking preorders for ToR so I'm sure it will be fine.

Gladestone sences the goood in you felipe..He thinks you have turned againts the dark side..For that he shall slice you in half using his two light sabers..There shall be no ghost for you just be destroyed in the end..Dont be upset though all evil things shall come to a end eventually..Pathetic it took some one like myself to end the madness that you have brought upon the universe..The mess you have caused the innocent blood you have spilled..The padawans oh the poor little padawans for the humanity of it all..Why did they have to suffer at your hands..

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside

Another great video to watch

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Ikuto_Tsukiyomi"]

Ohmy.

Gladestone1

Gladestone sences the goood in you felipe..He thinks you have turned againts the dark side..For that he shall slice you in half using his two light sabers..There shall be no ghost for you just be destroyed in the end..Dont be upset though all evil things shall come to a end eventually..Pathetic it took some one like myself to end the madness that you have brought upon the universe..The mess you have caused the innocent blood you have spilled..The padawans oh the poor little padawans for the humanity of it all..Why did they have to suffer at your hands..

Suffering is the Path of the Sith my dear inferior Jedi.... I should stop this though... I got modded for answering to you... can you believe that?
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

[QUOTE="Gladestone1"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] True, but I reckon (hope) soon we will get more information with more countries added to the release. Saying that... here in Australia we haven't been mentioned, but all the shops are taking preorders for ToR so I'm sure it will be fine.FelipeInside

Suffering is the Path of the Sith my dear inferior Jedi.... I should stop this though... I got modded for answering to you... can you believe that?

Because where role playing star wars cmon you serious..Damn felipe..

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58560 Posts

I...can't..WAIT! Must play soooooOOOOoon!

This game is going to be so fun; the story, the classes, the focus on "less is more", the lore, the setting, the potential for a huge community. It is going to be awesome.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Ohmy.

Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
??? Are you saying that those unlucky countries would be unable to even purchase TOR digitally as well?
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

JangoWuzHere

Seriously guy? That would be a waste of resources.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
I know this is inconsequential, but I couldn't help but notice how terrible the male human noses looked. That's like.. Virtua Fighter 1 type of polys. :lol:
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11699 Posts
I'm having mixed feelings about the game....
Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts

JangoWuzHere
From watching the panel if I remember right they said about close to or above 900 voice actors and over 100,000 voice recording content which is just fracking crazy!!!
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Ohmy.

mirgamer

??? Are you saying that those unlucky countries would be unable to even purchase TOR digitally as well?

Yes they've blocked most parts of the world from Preordering it digitally.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

SWTOR and BF3 are #1A/1B on my list of most anticipated games of the year. I havent played an MMO seriously in over two years and SWTOR is going to be the MMO that gets me back into it............It wont hurt that I will be done with school by then and have eight months off until law school starts.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#31 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Weren't they originally targeting a spring release? I'll be surprised if it doesn't get released this year.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="mirgamer"][QUOTE="Ikuto_Tsukiyomi"]

Ohmy.

Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

You can still preorder the box version on Amazon and other websites I'm thinking of doing it myself, I'm in Australia
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

[QUOTE="mirgamer"] ??? Are you saying that those unlucky countries would be unable to even purchase TOR digitally as well?FelipeInside

You can still preorder the box version on Amazon and other websites I'm thinking of doing it myself, I'm in Australia

Yeah, thats what I did, Australian as well. But for some other places its just way too expensive to buy from Amazon like Brazil etc.