Titan Quest: IT - how can people replay the game 3 times?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

Finally, after owning Titan Quest: Immortal Throne for 8-10 months or so, I have finally just played through the game on normal difficulty....

What a drag that game turns out to be. I suppose I just grew tired of it, but because I spent money on the game I had to beat it. Plus, it was on my list of games that I own that I haven't beat (you can check the list out on my blogs).

How can anyone stand to play through Titan Quest or even the Immortal Throne expansion on the Epic and Legendary difficulties without being bored out of their minds?

I was ready to pull my hair out just trying to get myself to play through on normal difficulty....is there some secret that I don't know about that'll get me to play through the game on all difficulty levels?

I consider the game beat, in my mind, having played through on normal difficutly. I know that others will say that I haven't beat the game yet because I haven't played through Legendary....but that's not going to happen.

ttomm1946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ttomm1946
Member since 2004 • 1871 Posts
Hey I'm halfway through the game on normal and I'm getting bored.....Outside of good graphics its really.is the same thing over and over..
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Meh singleplayer in games like those are overall a drag.. Diablo 2 for instance imo is 10X more fun online then anything the singleplayer can do.
THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts
If they would have included support for closed servers I think the game could been as great as Diablo. I have to agree though I had fun beating the game once, but I have no desire to start over and continue my character into the harder difficulties.
Shadow-Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Shadow-Eagle
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts
Its better if you can get a group of friends along with you. If only just to play the whole game once.
aragorn357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 aragorn357
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I whole heartedly agree. I am still stuck in the middle of the game on normal b/c it bores me so much.
NNY42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NNY42
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts
I agree this game is extremely boring... I just purchased this game 2 months ago and i am still in the first land area... I really thought i was going to enjoy this game, since i enjoyed Diablo 2 so much... o well
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts
I also found the game to be very boring. Constant clicking. This is why I was unable to finish Diablo II.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I've played it for five hours myself.
herzalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#10 herzalot
Member since 2007 • 977 Posts
I think no one will do that.but there is a secret you dont know.If you want to finish the game in anydifficulty you must use your pets.the best pets are in spirit mastery.cmon you can do it!
waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

it took me 3 weeks to play it all on normal .... i'm not bored yet, but i do play a little less than in the beginning

.... it's basicly similar to diablo2, where you have to play the same parts again and again
and what about comparing it to world of warcraft ... (you do keep playing the same dungeons and doing the same stuff over and over again)

i still like that game, but i will have to slow down, i know that if i keep playing it too much i'll be tired of it nearly

* and for sSubZerOo .... titan quest is really a better game than diablo 2 in my opinion ... D2 was pissing me off really really faster .... like doing some baal runs that last 5 min and you run them again and again and again is not fun .... titan quest doesn't have that aspect such as "you HAVE to run the same stuff again and again to get good equipment"

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Well to each his own. I've finished this game many times with many characters and i love trying new combos for spells. Have a warrior/dream i finish all 3 skill levels with.

This game is about hunting for good loot and making your character stronger and trying new spells if you found Titan quest i'd think you'd find any game of this type boring. Admit titan quest could of used some servers but offline its still a fun game.

Azeryk-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Azeryk-
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
I played it through on normal and was happy with it but got bored not even halfway through Immortal Throne and to this day have not finished it. Wouldn't want to try the main game on the next hardness as I've seen it all before and generally find it boring. I think Dungeon Siege is the only RPG I've played through more than once.
Delius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Delius
Member since 2005 • 571 Posts
I've played through TQ:IT with 2 characters now on normal. I find I have to take a break after that, and when I come back I want to make a new character. At some point I'm sure I'll finished it completely with one character, after a couple years and a number of breaks heh.