Titan Quest Gold or Knights of the Old Republic?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

heytheredarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 heytheredarlin
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

I'm looking for a good cheap RPG to keep me occupied during these oh so long days in my rural town. I've played KOTOR but never finished it to the end. What do you guys recommend? Titan Quest or KOTOR?

Rec-neps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Rec-neps
Member since 2006 • 505 Posts

Knights of the Old Republic

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
KOTOR.
heytheredarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 heytheredarlin
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

[QUOTE="heytheredarlin"]

I'm looking for a good cheap RPG to keep me occupied during these oh so long days in my rural town. I've played KOTOR but never finished it to the end. What do you guys recommend? Titan Quest or KOTOR?

GrandTheftDog

Neither. Sell your pc and get aps3.

Already have one. If you're going to troll the PC boards at least select a valid target.

psp_mtness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 psp_mtness
Member since 2008 • 815 Posts

heytheredarlin

if you have already played KOTOR and didn't finish is, the question is why didn't you finish it, was it because you got bored with it.......personally id go with Titan quest gold especially if you played and liked diablo 2, its a fantastic action rpg and because you have already played KOTOR it will give you something new to try.....TQ-gold will offer you around 50hrs of single player campaign to work through the main story and expansion and there is still a fairly good online community to co-op with as well....

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

I advocate Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic as a must play.

keren_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 keren_man
Member since 2009 • 191 Posts

[QUOTE="heytheredarlin"]

psp_mtness

if you have already played KOTOR and didn't finish is, the question is why didn't you finish it, was it because you got bored with it.......personally id go with Titan quest gold especially if you played and liked diablo 2, its a fantastic action rpg and because you have already played KOTOR it will give you something new to try.....TQ-gold will offer you around 50hrs of single player campaign to work through the main story and expansion and there is still a fairly good online community to co-op with as well....

Personally, I'd like to go with Titan Quest too. The Best Diablo clone so far...

mrblueberrycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrblueberrycg
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Both are good games but if you want to choose just one, I would go with KOTOR because it really is an amazing game and I dont even like Star wars that much so it must mean something.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

[QUOTE="psp_mtness"]

[QUOTE="heytheredarlin"]

keren_man

Personally, I'd like to go with Titan Quest too. The Best Diablo clone so far...

Same ( though i havent played Kotor ) . But if you like Diablo like games Titan guest immortal throne is the best one after diablo 2 . Should easilly keep you occupied a good 25-30hours ( though towards the end it becomes more repetitive than it should have )
Avatar image for theshadowhunter
theshadowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 theshadowhunter
Member since 2004 • 2956 Posts

titanquest if you have friends to play coop with, otherwise KOTOR

coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

Never played Titan quest, but KOTOR is my favourite RPG.

If you get bored with the vanilla version you can always get mods to keep you occupied for another 2-3 playthroughs.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StopThePresses
Member since 2010 • 2767 Posts
KOTOR, and I'm not even a huge Bioware fan. Titan Quest is a rather bland take on the Diablo II formula with kind of dull combat. KOTOR was Bioware before they went way too far down the path of focusing on dialog trees. It's also amusing as a study in how every aspect of Mass Effect other than the actual combat is just ripped right from KOTOR. :lol: (KOTOR has better combat, I would say, which isn't saying much.)