This topic is locked from further discussion.

muchmoneyg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 muchmoneyg
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts

Why are there so little games on such an interesting topic? Time Travel which is somehting currently not possible could be done so well in games, just as i was playing Prey the other day, the worm holes that you pass thorough are so amazing how you can go from one place to a different place or deminsion in a split second. That is not something we can do either but that game made it awesome. Thats what games are about anyway isnt it? Being able to do things that you cant do in real life? Thats why you dont see many games about about cleaning floors or watching grass grow, because that would be boring, just like everyday life. WW2 is pretty cool and theyve made about 50 games on that topic, but there really isnt anything interesting about except for the soldiers storys, but gameplay is always the same KILL NAZIS!!! Thats why i play games like world of warcraft or Prey, because doing those things are impossible to do in real life. ill stop here, i think everyione gets my point by now, and im sorry for a wall of text but this should be acknoledged.

does anyone know of any time travel games other than Time Splitters? ive played each one of them countless times and it was pretty damn fun. its just pretty sad that the only Time Travel games were made froma low budget company...

oh and thanks for the recommendations, if any

muchmoneyg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 muchmoneyg
i guess i really am the only one that gives a ****
Erasorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Erasorn
Member since 2004 • 14502 Posts
It's a paradox.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#4 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

timeshift is coming up soon, it's got time travel on the small scale, like reversing things and stopping time.

Daikatana had time travel if I recall correctly. But yeah I don't know that there are many time travel games, lots of slow motion games.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
There is a game TimeShift coming out, probably at end of the year (can't find link as of this time). From what I heard, time travelling, time-slowing and speeding up will be a fundamental game mechanic for that game. Such as being able to doge bullets, reverse time to avoid a nasty death or avoid wrecking something you needed and stuff like that.
KorJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KorJax
Member since 2004 • 2564 Posts

Timespitters was fun, you would find "time flux's' throughout your campign, and you would go through them and solve puzzles with your future or past self. It was very very cool. Some of the most creative and best times I have ever played in a game were during those "time paradox's" with your past/future selves. Here is one of the coolest parts in teh game, where you have to hack a terminal, a future self hacks a 2nd terminal, and another you or two defended off robots. The entire sequence of this game the first time I played it took over 20 minutes, with me, my future, and past self hacking and attacking turrets. Definatly one of the coolest parts of any game I played:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lkrsQfLtS14

The part that I am talking about starts at around the 2:30 minute point in this video...

KorJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KorJax
Member since 2004 • 2564 Posts
EDIT: Doh! Didnt see you wrote that you already played Time Splitters :P
JN_Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JN_Fenrir
Member since 2004 • 1551 Posts
Bring on Daikatana 2! Uh, wait... nevermind. :P I agree though, it'd be great if we got to do a little more era-hopping in games.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

There is a russian game called crysiostatis (spelling) I think its coming to the West eventually....either way....it lets you go into the memories of anything (non-living objects included) and alter events within their memories, in order to effect the present...Which is sort of like time travel.

muchmoneyg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 muchmoneyg
they need to make a back to the future for the pc, wkth dx10 and stuff.
FragMonkey09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 FragMonkey09
Member since 2005 • 1543 Posts

There is a russian game called crysiostatis (spelling) I think its coming to the West eventually....either way....it lets you go into the memories of anything (non-living objects included) and alter events within their memories, in order to effect the present...Which is sort of like time travel.

cobrax25

Oo that sound like an aamzing concept! Now just gotta find out that exact spelling...

muchmoneyg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 muchmoneyg

Cryostatisthats how you speel it

Stealthbomb128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Stealthbomb128
Member since 2006 • 318 Posts
Well, Dark Cloud 2 on PS2 is about time travel, and it's a really original way of using it.
wicster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wicster
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts
Make a Quantum Leap game! That was my favorite show as a kid! =D
Arcadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Arcadius
Member since 2002 • 959 Posts
Intereting premise. Not time travel in short bursts, but actually travel back to other eras. I would buy a game like that.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Make a Quantum Leap game! That was my favorite show as a kid! =Dwicster
I love that show.:) Anyway I too am longing for a nice time travel game. You would think that it would be a more frequent theme in games.
muchmoneyg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 muchmoneyg
it really should be in more games, imean it is so amazing how you could go back to other times and change the future, and it is somehitng that could be possible
Whermacht02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Whermacht02
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts
Have you tried The Day Of The Tentacle??? lol
Ade_Newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ade_Newman
Member since 2005 • 1059 Posts

Have you tried The Day Of The Tentacle??? lolWhermacht02

Good point hehe :)

Time travel would be cool but I guess it's a matter of gameworld assets, having maps and mobs all different forvarious eras would make for a complex and huge game (disc wise). Imagine what you could do with the Doctor Who license and then imagine what it would take to make it work!

Ade.

baal46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 baal46
Member since 2004 • 663 Posts

ummmmm... easy.

Chrono Trigger.

Best. Time travel game. Ever.

Demonblight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Demonblight
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

ummmmm... easy.

Chrono Trigger.

Best. Time travel game. Ever.

baal46

Absolutely correct IMO, but not a PC game. :)

muchmoneyg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 muchmoneyg
whats doctor who?
BlackStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BlackStalker
Member since 2004 • 719 Posts
Umm Prince of Persia 2 incorporated time travel through the sand of time, hence the name... Also, Chrono Trigger could be played on the PC through an SNES/GBA emulator :)
sepheronX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 sepheronX
Member since 2005 • 1388 Posts

whats doctor who?muchmoneyg

OMG NOOB!

Hahaha, Dr. Who is the longest running British TV show ever. Has started in the Mid 60's and is still going today, were the doctor is a alien from a plant "galafre" (SP?) and his race are called the Time Lords. Well, the time lords have each of their own time traveling machine, and the Doctors is called a Tardas, but its cloaking mechanisim is broken, and stuck on the appearance of an old British Police Telephone Box. It is a very good show, and I love it. I cannot wait either, since the new season is gonna have the Master (Another time lord, but in the old old episodes, was the Doctors arch Nemisis).

Dr.Who wiki

Forgot to mention, the Doctor, everytime he runs out of his life, transforms, or merly, regenerates. He only has 13 or so lives, and has gone through most of them. Longest running actor was Tom Baker, during the 70's and early 80's, and he was the BEST!

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts
i thought theold series finshed then they made the new one
akeanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 akeanon
Member since 2006 • 93 Posts
They might be old, but the Journeyman Project is a great series and you are required to jump through time and space!
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4551 Posts
Yeah, a Time Travel game would be cool where you could go back in time and change something, then go back to the present and see those changes.
LouieV13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#28 LouieV13
Member since 2005 • 7604 Posts
I think going back to WW1 with nukes and M4's would kick seriouse ARSE. Come on they wil try and shoot you with pellets they just go WRRR and disapear! Then throw nuclear granades at them! GRR! While GRRing throw HD2900XT's at them! Trust me they have the same materials as bricks. My post has lost all common sense!!11! RESCUE HEROS!
LouieV13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#29 LouieV13
Member since 2005 • 7604 Posts
I think going back to WW1 with nukes and M4's would kick seriouse ARSE. Come on they wil try and shoot you with pellets they just go WRRR and disapear! Then throw nuclear granades at them! GRR! While GRRing throw HD2900XT's at them! Trust me they have the same materials as bricks. My post has lost all common sense!!11! RESCUE HEROS!
syngaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 syngaming
Member since 2007 • 247 Posts

time travel would be a great game type.

Imagine you start out in the modern world (lets say 2007) you have access to some of the standard weapons with all use, now this can be turned into maybe a Action FPS or maybe something along the lines of RPG/FPS like Stalker.

You go through portals and have to do quests for others to alter history, for example lets say theres a gang and the leader dies in a accident or gets murdered, now for a quest event you have to travel back in time to prevent from that happening.

If the game was big enough and well done, imagine you having total control over events in time, you going back to the WWII stages and maybe helping the germans win the war? or help russia rise up, go back to the future and its a total different world run by different people and countries.

Ok, if time travel dosnt suit the your stuff have any of you seen the show "Sliders"? I was a huge fan when that was at its prime. You go through a portal to another universe, where its the same year/day, your the same person, but everything eles is different. You leave home, and you get a portal to another place for examplean alternate earth with dinosaurs that werent extinct?

Soo much potential in this type of thing, game designers can go syco with ideas and dont always have to follow the same path!

Anyway just something i wanted to get off my chest after reading the tread.