Time Passing - Age of Conan vs Warhammer Online

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Strange-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Strange-Dude
Member since 2003 • 59 Posts

So basically I need something to play now that I am back home for break. I have Age of Conan and Warhammer Online and both of them had a lot of issues. It's been a while since I've played any of them and I wanted to know which one is better now that there has been enough time for the issues to get fixed. I can't decide which one to play. Can anyone currently playing them let me know how each one is now? btw I'm a huge PvP fanatic but I loved the addiction of WoW. Which of these games will keep me coming back for more?

Strange-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Strange-Dude
Member since 2003 • 59 Posts

Bump. I've been looking into both the games and I found some very interesting stuff on AoC. http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=AU&hl=en-GB&v=GdNTyKkpbXI

It really looks amazing! And it's an old video too! Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
if you love PvP then go for WAR
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

They both sucked. I played both, they both sucked. I just recently tried to play Age of Conan again... big mistake on my part.

amekhov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 amekhov
Member since 2007 • 987 Posts

They're both really bad...

AoC is better than WaR though, the first 20 levels are awesome so if you want get AoC and just play until you give up on the game.

Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts

Got to love those who say it sucks and don't back up with reasons why. I play warhammer online and love it. Mythic has recently been outputting big updates and in june they are releasing the new zone with a huge rvr dungeon. The game is completely different from when it was first released because there are now organized guilds and players which take keeps/BO's. Check out these screens

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
i"ve played both and they are both quite different...and good. WAR is all about RVR, there are plenty of it. It gets a lil bit repetitive after a while coz you will be fighting for that same keep and fort and bos and repeat that ad nauseum. And its also a bit more linear and very structured, theres not much guild politics involved, its a clear line between both factions. So depends on who you are, the game either be a pointless sterile endless battles or devoid of needless drama and straight on battles, whichever is your thing. The graphics are so-so but the armor designs for some classes are simply awesome. AoC has, hands down, the most beautiful graphics in a fantasy-based MMO. Its combat system is a love-hate affair, you either like it and think of it as revolutionary or you hate it. The PVP world is more about inter-guild rivalry so there's alot of politics and drama, if thats your thing. Character controls feels a LOT more fluid and responsive than WAR (which for some reason, feels a lil clunky). I'm playing WAR now but I'm ditching it soon coz I'm going back to Eve-Online :P