Thoughts on Gal Civ 2 these days?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for WorldComingDown
WorldComingDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WorldComingDown
Member since 2010 • 358 Posts

Hi folks. Just curious if people still highly recommend this game. I recall it getting a lot of praise back at it's release. After doing some minor research on the game it looks rather similar to the civ games but in space. :P It looks like it has a lot of depth stratey involved in it which is what I'm after.

I can get the ultimate edition from Impulse for only $20. Seems like a good price for such a huge game.

Any major fans care to comment on how the game has aged, etc? Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts
It is for the most part Civ in space, but it's far and away one of the best TBS games ever produced. I'll recommend it every day of the week.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
Galactic Civilizations 2 (Along with all the addons i.e. ultimate edition) is a an excellent game and shares many similarities with Civ games. There are enough difference so that it doesn't feels the same and you have a bit more control in some aspects like designing units (ships). One of the best things about it as compared to Civ games is that the races are much more diverse and unique in design.