This topic is locked from further discussion.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

Anyone here played Aion? How is it? How does it compare to WoW? Apparently it is getting a HUGE update soon, so I'm seriously considering playing within a month or so.

Evilmeanie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Evilmeanie
Member since 2010 • 423 Posts

NCSoft has canceled enough of their MMOs that I would recommend looking elsewhere for fun.

EM

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

Everytime someone say "wow is just a big grind... but im playing AION right now" i laugh.

Aion is one big grind. There are to few quests, professions require you to grind like hell and back (yes i know you can simply just stand by the vendor and buy the stuff but you need money = grind to be able to do it anyway).

Overall Aion had some intresting things. Lots of small girls with huge boobs with wings. A intresting twist on the crafting system but it turned out to be a huge grind lateron. Quest system is horrible (there is alot of quests that you cant do in a group).

Anyway if you have played any asian mmo you have played this one.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58509 Posts

Everytime someone say "wow is just a big grind... but im playing AION right now" i laugh.

Aion is one big grind. There are to few quests, professions require you to grind like hell and back (yes i know you can simply just stand by the vendor and buy the stuff but you need money = grind to be able to do it anyway).

Overall Aion had some intresting things. Lots of small girls with huge boobs with wings. A intresting twist on the crafting system but it turned out to be a huge grind lateron. Quest system is horrible (there is alot of quests that you cant do in a group).

Anyway if you have played any asian mmo you have played this one.

KalDurenik

this sums it up nicely

Katsumic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Katsumic
Member since 2010 • 253 Posts

The first 10 levels or so are really fun. It does become a grind though as quests start to stretch out around level 20ish. There's no real "end game" past PvP. Having wings are fun, but you can only fly in a few select area's. And, as mentioned, the crafting system is terrible in my opinion - everything you craft, especially the high level items, has a chance to fail and you lose everything :(

Kingdomkey33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kingdomkey33
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts
the game was a big let down for me as soon as I got to end game play it started to get boring and I quit after that end game was terrible
Nemesis821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nemesis821
Member since 2004 • 1720 Posts

Very many kill x of y quests... where x would be 20+ of y. The grind is enormous by level 20 you need a pretty large amount of xp to get the next level. I stopped playing after the inital month with box purchase.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
the grind in Aion is one big joke. Main reason why i quit the game a month after it launched.
Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

Runescape is better. Free runescape.

Nuff said.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CaptainAhab13

Whoamygosh... so it looks like the majority of people absolutely hate this game. I was only going to give it a shot because all my friends are leveling right now... in the mid 20's and loving every minute of it, all quit WoW about a year ago. I still play WoW, but was thinking of quitting. I guess I should stick to WoW for Cataclysm...?

liffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 liffi
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts

old aion crap... now aion (after 2.0) dunno.

Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
Well right now the servers are extremely unbalanced, lot of people are quitting or planning or quitting. I think it will be going the way of the rest of then NCsoft MMO's that have been canceled
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CaptainAhab13
Well right now the servers are extremely unbalanced, lot of people are quitting or planning or quitting. I think it will be going the way of the rest of then NCsoft MMO's that have been canceled Shadowhawk000
That's too bad... they said it was so much fun. Oh well, back to World of Warcraft.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Whoamygosh... so it looks like the majority of people absolutely hate this game. I was only going to give it a shot because all my friends are leveling right now... in the mid 20's and loving every minute of it, all quit WoW about a year ago. I still play WoW, but was thinking of quitting. I guess I should stick to WoW for Cataclysm...?

CaptainAhab13
look for a trial and see for yourself. If you have friends already playing the game things should be alot easier for you.
ABRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ABRed
Member since 2009 • 298 Posts

To be honest, I actually really liked the game. It's not the best game out there, but still worthes a try.

What I like about Aion, is that noobs won't survive out there. There's a lot of ganking and the be really well geared or pro in pvp or w/e, you need to put A LOT of time in the game to get rich and to run the dungeons several times to get your equipements. Thats one thing I hated about WoW. There were so many noobs and it was so damn easy to get geared. I mean, you were walking in Dalaran and everyone had the same gear cuz it was too easy to get. That is mainly why I quit WoW and tried Aion and I had a blast with it. Professions are 100x better than in any other MMORPG cuz of the Work Orders. PVP is hard, FINALY! Aion is probably the most hardcore fantasy MMORPG out there.

On the other side... it is not as addictive as WoW... Yes, there is a lot of Grind, but if you like your character and play with some friends, it is less painful. But they said they would fix the amount of XP required to LVL in the next patch so that might help (I don't play the game anymore so I won't be able to tell you). Yes you will be ganked a lot... but that is part of the huge PVP side of Aion.

Aion has many flaws, but it does worth the try. If you think WoW is too easy and repetive End-game wise, you might wanna try Aion. If you hate being ganked (I say this because some people are only twinking in this game), well you will have a hard time leveling and that is the part where people quit the game. But, in the other hand, the feeling you have when you level up or get your piece of equipement is so great... compared to WoW where you can basicly reach lvl 80 in a month... Anyway, people who stopped playing it HATE it, because they've so much time and efforts into this game (and thats what you need to do to be decent) and now they've stopped, so all their time spent in the game is wasted. But ask someone who is lvl 50 and ask him how he loves the game.

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
Everything in Aion is tedious and the game was falsely advertise. Profession have a chance to fail, most annoying thing ever. Once you get into the PvEvP area, it's a gank fest. 2-3 High Levels ganking lowbies = no fun at all. Everything from quests to gathering mats, it's a grind.