This is super LAME !!!

#1 Posted by FelipeInside (26337 posts) -

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/12/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-will-release-exclusively-on-xbox/

Hopefully later down the track they realize the dumb decision they made and it comes to PC (and also Playstaton).

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (31680 posts) -

The dumb decision?

$$$

#3 Posted by FelipeInside (26337 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

The dumb decision?

$$$

To be honest, I think they would have sold more releasing on all platforms, so yes....imo it's a dumb decision.

#4 Edited by uninspiredcup (12804 posts) -

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC.

But that's exactly what your doing.

You know, I would respect these guys more if they just outright stated "they gave us lots of money". The PR slurp like they are a children tv presenter talking happy magical talk to 5 year olds getting ready for beddybyes is just insulting. It annoys me more than the fact the game isn't coming to the pc.

Even at that, this is probably just bullshit on bullshit. With a later release date.

#5 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23855 posts) -

I don't see the real loss. I played the 2013 version and every 5 seconds(literal) there was something that took control of you. I have never seen a game where the gameplay is interrupted so much. The cutscenes also took way too long to skip.

#6 Posted by FelipeInside (26337 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC.

But that's exactly what your doing.

You know, I would respect these guys more if they just outright stated "they gave us lots of money". The PR slurp like they are a children tv presenter talking happy magical talk to 5 year olds getting ready for beddybyes is just insulting. It annoys me more than the fact the game isn't coming to the pc.

Even at that, this is probably just bullshit on bullshit. With a later release date.

I agree.

Then they have the nerve to say "hey, we still have the Osiris game coming to you guys".

Hopefully it releases later.

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

I don't see the real loss. I played the 2013 version and every 5 seconds(literal) there was something that took control of you. I have never seen a game where the gameplay is interrupted so much. The cutscenes also took way too long to skip.

Don't ever play Metal Gear Solid.

#7 Edited by JangoWuzHere (17450 posts) -

The only thing super lame is the title of that game.

I think its really funny that they whined about Tomb Raider's sales and now announce the sequel exclusively on the 2nd place system. The people managing Tomb Raider are a bunch of assholes apparently.

#8 Edited by Gamerno6666 (3245 posts) -

Fall of Laura Croft. Sigh you will be missed my ex-waifu.

#9 Posted by glez13 (9022 posts) -

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

I don't see the real loss. I played the 2013 version and every 5 seconds(literal) there was something that took control of you. I have never seen a game where the gameplay is interrupted so much. The cutscenes also took way too long to skip.

This. The reboot, while having a nice story, was disappointing gameplay wise because it had way to many interruptions with QTE's and lack of adventuring in most levels.

#10 Edited by Gamerno6666 (3245 posts) -

Here's another one, the new silent hill may be exclusive to PS4.

#11 Edited by SaintSatan (991 posts) -

@Gamerno6666 said:

Here's another one, the new silent hill may be exclusive to PS4.

Not may be, Silent Hill is a PS4 exclusive.

#12 Posted by Gamerno6666 (3245 posts) -

@k3ck said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

Here's another one, the new silent hill may be exclusive to PS4.

Not may be, Silent Hill is a PS4 exclusive.

Its confirmed?

#13 Posted by nutcrackr (12847 posts) -

Hey Felipe, can you please try to give some inkling as to the contents of your thread within the title of said thread. Some examples:

"Rise of the Tomb Raider is Xbox Only - This is so LAME!!!" or

"LAME MS steals Rise of the Tomb Raider and punches orphan boy" or

"Kick in the nuts for Tomb Raider fans inside, pre-order and get kicked twice" or

"Square Enix CEO licks shoes of top MS exec in new Tomb Raider deal, raunchy photos inside"

etc.

#14 Posted by PredatorRules (8862 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@MonsieurX said:

The dumb decision?

$$$

To be honest, I think they would have sold more releasing on all platforms, so yes....imo it's a dumb decision.

It's not always true, if a company thinks that the development for a specific console (or in this case all except for one) is going to cost more than the profit then they cancel it.

Don't forget a company that makes exclusive for a console makes extra money from the company that owns this console (Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo) for each copy that being sold.

#15 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3264 posts) -

The reboot wasn't even that good.

Played and finished it once and never want to do it again.

#16 Posted by Jimmy_Russell (980 posts) -

Consider the target audience. If you feel that you are within that demographic, perhaps PC gaming isn't the best place for you. Not saying "GTFO" or something equally crude, but Tomb Raider lost it's credibility in the 90's. If you feel genuinely left out, maybe an Xbox purchase could be in your near future? Just a thought.

#17 Posted by illmatic87 (15497 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@MonsieurX said:

The dumb decision?

$$$

To be honest, I think they would have sold more releasing on all platforms, so yes....imo it's a dumb decision.

No. Microsoft would have covered up front sales expectations the publisher had with the game. This is usually how this works nowadays. This isnt the PS2 era where the strength of its consumer base and ease of development is enough for a 3rd party to make an exclusive game (at least, not for consoles).

From memory, Tomb Raider was expensive. Despite strong sales, it didnt meet Square-Enix' sales expectations. Microsoft pre-emptively 'secured' the financial success of the next Tomb Raider with this deal.

#18 Posted by FelipeInside (26337 posts) -

@jimmy_russell said:

Consider the target audience. If you feel that you are within that demographic, perhaps PC gaming isn't the best place for you. Not saying "GTFO" or something equally crude, but Tomb Raider lost it's credibility in the 90's. If you feel genuinely left out, maybe an Xbox purchase could be in your near future? Just a thought.

What a load of total rubbish, really.

Game was fun, looked gorgeous and had a strong rebooted character. Has nothing to do if you're a PC gamer or not.

#19 Posted by FelipeInside (26337 posts) -

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=121795

So it's a "timed" exclusive, which gives me good hope it will come to PC. Still not happy this kind of crap happens in the gaming scene though.

#20 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@jimmy_russell said:

Consider the target audience. If you feel that you are within that demographic, perhaps PC gaming isn't the best place for you. Not saying "GTFO" or something equally crude, but Tomb Raider lost it's credibility in the 90's. If you feel genuinely left out, maybe an Xbox purchase could be in your near future? Just a thought.

What a load of total rubbish, really.

Game was fun, looked gorgeous and had a strong rebooted character. Has nothing to do if you're a PC gamer or not.

^

#21 Edited by gregbmil (2626 posts) -

@JigglyWiggly_: I feel the same way. I can't say I even really liked TR. I mean It was ok, but I would never replay it down the road, plus all the environments looked pretty much the same.

#22 Edited by Code135 (847 posts) -

Just when the franchise got rebooted it got fucked up after the first game already. Great work M$ ...

#23 Posted by Jimmy_Russell (980 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@jimmy_russell said:

Consider the target audience. If you feel that you are within that demographic, perhaps PC gaming isn't the best place for you. Not saying "GTFO" or something equally crude, but Tomb Raider lost it's credibility in the 90's. If you feel genuinely left out, maybe an Xbox purchase could be in your near future? Just a thought.

What a load of total rubbish, really.

Game was fun, looked gorgeous and had a strong rebooted character. Has nothing to do if you're a PC gamer or not.

PC gaming is a niche. Tomb Raider is a AAA title. Not sure you are following my train of thought here. If you're excited about over-hyped trash you should buy an Xbox instead of complaining that you can't buy over-hyped trash on your PC.

#24 Posted by Blutfahne (276 posts) -

No fucking way in hell this game is a hardware mover. Dumbass M$.

#25 Posted by KHAndAnime (14717 posts) -

Consoles can keep their console franchise as far as I'm concerned.

#26 Posted by Mighty-Lu-Bu (1617 posts) -

@FelipeInside: Exclusive games for consoles are not as exclusive as they once were. I am willing to bet that this will eventually make its way to PS3/PS4 and other consoles. Just look at last generation when we were told that Bioshock was an XBox 360 exclusive... my friends who had a 360 would always rub it in my face that it would NEVER come to PS3 and then it finally did. Then look at the Mass Effect series where Mass Effect 2 eventually made its way to PS3 and the developer said they were going to keep the original Mass Effect an XBox 360 exclusive... well that didn't happen. It all comes down to if Microsoft or Sony owns some sort of the rights to the game, if they do it will probably always be an exclusive to that console. However, if it isn't, you can usually safely assume that it is a "timed exclusive" despite what developers say. I'm sure there are plently more examples than the ones that I have provided, yet these examples are unique because we were told that these titles would always be exclusives which ultimately ended up being not true.

#27 Posted by FelipeInside (26337 posts) -

@jimmy_russell said:

@FelipeInside said:

@jimmy_russell said:

Consider the target audience. If you feel that you are within that demographic, perhaps PC gaming isn't the best place for you. Not saying "GTFO" or something equally crude, but Tomb Raider lost it's credibility in the 90's. If you feel genuinely left out, maybe an Xbox purchase could be in your near future? Just a thought.

What a load of total rubbish, really.

Game was fun, looked gorgeous and had a strong rebooted character. Has nothing to do if you're a PC gamer or not.

PC gaming is a niche. Tomb Raider is a AAA title. Not sure you are following my train of thought here. If you're excited about over-hyped trash you should buy an Xbox instead of complaining that you can't buy over-hyped trash on your PC.

PC gaming a niche hey? It's market is currently worth more than any console.

And I'm following your train of thought just fine, it's just that it's a train wreck. Tomb Raider was one of the least hyped games in years, with people even questioning if the game needed a reboot. Then it turned out to be one of the best games of last year. What platform a game is on has NOTHING to do with the quality of it.

#28 Posted by illmatic87 (15497 posts) -
@nutcrackr said:

Hey Felipe, can you please try to give some inkling as to the contents of your thread within the title of said thread. Some examples:

"Rise of the Tomb Raider is Xbox Only - This is so LAME!!!" or

"LAME MS steals Rise of the Tomb Raider and punches orphan boy" or

"Kick in the nuts for Tomb Raider fans inside, pre-order and get kicked twice" or

"Square Enix CEO licks shoes of top MS exec in new Tomb Raider deal, raunchy photos inside"

etc.

And yeah, this.

We still love you Felipe, though.

#29 Posted by FelipeInside (26337 posts) -

@illmatic87 said:
@nutcrackr said:

Hey Felipe, can you please try to give some inkling as to the contents of your thread within the title of said thread. Some examples:

"Rise of the Tomb Raider is Xbox Only - This is so LAME!!!" or

"LAME MS steals Rise of the Tomb Raider and punches orphan boy" or

"Kick in the nuts for Tomb Raider fans inside, pre-order and get kicked twice" or

"Square Enix CEO licks shoes of top MS exec in new Tomb Raider deal, raunchy photos inside"

etc.

And yeah, this.

We still love you Felipe, though.

I only said the first thing but just copy and paste into google and youll have all the links your heart desires

#30 Edited by Jimmy_Russell (980 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@jimmy_russell said:

@FelipeInside said:

@jimmy_russell said:

Consider the target audience. If you feel that you are within that demographic, perhaps PC gaming isn't the best place for you. Not saying "GTFO" or something equally crude, but Tomb Raider lost it's credibility in the 90's. If you feel genuinely left out, maybe an Xbox purchase could be in your near future? Just a thought.

What a load of total rubbish, really.

Game was fun, looked gorgeous and had a strong rebooted character. Has nothing to do if you're a PC gamer or not.

PC gaming is a niche. Tomb Raider is a AAA title. Not sure you are following my train of thought here. If you're excited about over-hyped trash you should buy an Xbox instead of complaining that you can't buy over-hyped trash on your PC.

PC gaming a niche hey? It's market is currently worth more than any console.

And I'm following your train of thought just fine, it's just that it's a train wreck. Tomb Raider was one of the least hyped games in years, with people even questioning if the game needed a reboot. Then it turned out to be one of the best games of last year. What platform a game is on has NOTHING to do with the quality of it.

Please do us a favor, and save yourself some money, and go buy an Xbox, kiddo. PC gaming is far too mature to take this train of thought seriously. You even think PC gaming is bigger than any console market which is delusional. You would make a great console fanboy. Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

#31 Posted by Gladestone1 (5578 posts) -

Felix i agree 100%.Xbox needed some games to call there own..So they took the opportunity to pay them the rights to it first..It will come to the pc eventually a year from now..Where they can make the money back..Exclusive these days isnt really exclusive..Plus nothing really stays this way any more..Its a shame i really liked the remake had fun..So what ever got many other games to play this year not worried about it..So many games on my plate i wont miss it this year at all..

#32 Edited by FelipeInside (26337 posts) -

@jimmy_russell said:

@FelipeInside said:

@jimmy_russell said:

@FelipeInside said:

PC gaming a niche hey? It's market is currently worth more than any console.

And I'm following your train of thought just fine, it's just that it's a train wreck. Tomb Raider was one of the least hyped games in years, with people even questioning if the game needed a reboot. Then it turned out to be one of the best games of last year. What platform a game is on has NOTHING to do with the quality of it.

Please do us a favor, and save yourself some money, and go buy an Xbox, kiddo. PC gaming is far too mature to take this train of thought seriously. You even think PC gaming is bigger than any console market which is delusional. You would make a great console fanboy. Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

I really don't understand how someone can think the way you think. No wonder PC gamers get a bad rep from "elitist snobs" like you who think they are above anything else.

With phrases like "PC gaming is too mature"? WTF are you on?You think all PC games are mature and all console games are for kiddies? really?. Let me ask, do you think exclusives like "The Last of Us" or "Beyond Two Souls" or "Heavy Rain" aren't mature games and just for kiddies?

Rayman for example started on PC, that must be a super mature game then right?

Tell me oh great PC Elitist, what "mature" games do you frequently play? (if you play games at all, cause I reckon you don't)

Oh and btw: http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/389689,pc-gaming-market-worth-a-lot-more-than-consoles.aspx (Try not to argue with people that know more than you, makes you looks bad.)

#33 Posted by Realmjumper (634 posts) -

It's possible that the console sold more than PC. Piracy is still a big problem.