Third Age Total War

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jhon9728 (143 posts) -

in this mod of medieval total war 2 do i need the expansion Kingdoms to play it? cause i really don't want to buy that just for this mod

thanks guyz

#2 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12211 posts) -

in this mod of medieval total war 2 do i need the expansion Kingdoms to play it? cause i really don't want to buy that just for this mod

thanks guyz

jhon9728

I'm afraid you do.

"'Third Age - Total War' is a total conversion modification for 'Medieval II: Total War - Kingdoms Expansion' that brings you into the world of Middle-Earth."

#3 Posted by Agent_Kaliaver (4722 posts) -
Well if you don't own Medieval 2 at all yet it is only $14 at amazon.com which isn't too bad. The expansion just by itself is only $11. So it wouldn't cost too much just for the Third Age mod. And there is also a ton more mods (I haven't tried any other one out yet though) that are probably worth it.
#4 Posted by Wasdie (50640 posts) -

Kingdoms is really worth the $20 you pay for it now. It adds tons of content AND you can install The Third Age which is a game within itself.

#5 Posted by thespywholied (3354 posts) -

Kingdoms is really worth the $20 you pay for it now. It adds tons of content AND you can install The Third Age which is a game within itself.

Wasdie

£5 on steam but only works with steam Copies.

That should be even cheaper at some sites.

#6 Posted by Buttons1990 (3167 posts) -

Dang dude, if only you made this thread like 2-3 weeks ago during Direct2Drive's spring sale... They had M2:TW Kingdoms for like $2.50...

#7 Posted by chapman86 (583 posts) -

I have steam copies of both Medieval 2 and kingdom, but it doesnt allow mods. be aware.

#8 Posted by TerrorRizzing (4185 posts) -

I have steam copies of both Medieval 2 and kingdom, but it doesnt allow mods. be aware.

chapman86
really? that sucks, usually steam copies allow mods if the retail copies do.
#9 Posted by thespywholied (3354 posts) -

[QUOTE="chapman86"]

TerrorRizzing

Odd..

Sorry about my post then Rome and Empire allow mods on steam so i was thinking Med could too.. my bad.

#10 Posted by bachilders (1430 posts) -

I bought kingdoms solely for the mods, haven't even played the included expansion campaigns, just Third Age and Westeros: total war

#11 Posted by Agent_Kaliaver (4722 posts) -

I bought kingdoms solely for the mods, haven't even played the included expansion campaigns, just Third Age and Westeros: total war

bachilders
Heh, I bought Medieval 2 (gold pack) just to play, but I have yet to actually play the vanilla game. Only mods that are total conversion (meaning essentially a new game, not just the vanilla with fixes or alterations). Also nice Xbox Live gamer picture. Isn't it either from Oblivion or Too Human? I can never remember which... or even if it is really one of those two games...
#12 Posted by bdever32 (757 posts) -

[QUOTE="chapman86"]

TerrorRizzing

You can get it to work with mods, but you may have to edit the registry.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1144407

Someone also made a Steam mod installer for the game. You can find it here:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=334458

I haven't tried it, but it looks promising.

#13 Posted by shakmaster13 (7138 posts) -
If you end up not getting the expansion you can always try the Stainless Steel mod. which is basically a bigger map, way more factions, and a basically a more epic version of the original game.
#14 Posted by Gamesterpheonix (3558 posts) -

[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"][QUOTE="chapman86"]

thespywholied

Odd..

Sorry about my post then Rome and Empire allow mods on steam so i was thinking Med could too.. my bad.

Empire? What?
#15 Posted by eclarkdog (1308 posts) -

If you end up not getting the expansion you can always try the Stainless Steel mod. which is basically a bigger map, way more factions, and a basically a more epic version of the original game.shakmaster13

Stainless Steel requires the Expansion too...great mod

#16 Posted by shakmaster13 (7138 posts) -

[QUOTE="shakmaster13"]If you end up not getting the expansion you can always try the Stainless Steel mod. which is basically a bigger map, way more factions, and a basically a more epic version of the original game.eclarkdog

Stainless Steel requires the Expansion too...great mod

I thought it didn't. Nevermind then.