The Witcher, have a few questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts
I just downloaded the witchers demo since i'm interested in getting it (or waiting for the enhanced version although the demo seemed fine) but it really just seemed like a hack and slash game. I only played the first 15 - 20 minutes of the demo and it seemed like there could be a good story there but i didn't like how it was hack and slash. Is it like this throughout the entire game? or does it take more of a traditional RPG approach after the first bit
achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
Trust me it's not all hack n slash. It's a very deep rpg, great game but wait for the enhanced edition.
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts
You'll spend much more time talking and running around than you will fighting. Much more. They just open the game with a hook (combat + dramatic story element) to get the player interested.
Alejo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Alejo17
Member since 2005 • 690 Posts
Muuuuuuch more than hack n slash. IM telling ya, it is great and the game jsut rocks
handag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 handag
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts
as stated, it's a deep RPG storyline game. And yes there is some hack and slash but you spend more time running and talking then slashing and hacking as stated
TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TanKLoveR
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
This game is extremely entertainig, there is always something to do a sidequest some mission of the main story, or u just go kill some monster and gain some experience, i thougt the battle system was very good i liked it.
mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts
The first bit is kind of boring and just a hack and slash but once you get furter its a vary deep RPG
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58543 Posts
ya there is more RPGing than actual hacking and slashing.
claytoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 claytoma
Member since 2002 • 1508 Posts
definitely NOT hack'n'slash! I played it half way through and thought it was awesome, I stopped and uninstalled because I'm waiting for the updated version. I will play through it again as the new version will resolve many of the issues I had with the game.
whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts
Alrite thanks for the information guys. The one thing i'm really wondering about with the version as it is now is the load times, i can handle some glitches and a few crashes but the load times would drive me nuts. so that being said if i were to get the direct to drive version and just run it off the hard drive would the load times be decreased?
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#11 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
Alrite thanks for the information guys. The one thing i'm really wondering about with the version as it is now is the load times, i can handle some glitches and a few crashes but the load times would drive me nuts. so that being said if i were to get the direct to drive version and just run it off the hard drive would the load times be decreased?whitey_rolls
I've never had a problem with load times. People have been saying it takes a minute or more to change levels but I never had to wait more than 20 seconds for a level to load.
Buffalo_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Buffalo_Soulja
Member since 2004 • 13151 Posts
Witcher Enhanced Edition will have shorter load times (predicted to be 80% reduction).