The walking dead pc worth playing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

conmbo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 conmbo2
Member since 2012 • 112 Posts

Hi all,

It seems to me that I might really like this game... an RPG with a good plot not focused on zombie killing? Kinda like a sam and max or full throttle?

i like games like Uncharted, Heavy rain , silent hill downpour , Indigo Prophecy and the games mentioned above... I also have a ps3 and xbox so if you think its better to get the games on there let me know

PC Specs

i5 Lynnfield @ 2.66

8 Gb ddr3 gskill

Gtx 560 ti

Figured I could run the game if I could run BF3

Thoughts?

Matt

Brendruis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Brendruis
Member since 2002 • 1016 Posts

No, I don't think it's worth playing I didn't like it.

It's an adventure title really when you play it and not much of an RPG.. and pretty boring at that with poor looking graphics.

Flame me if you like but that's what I thought of it.

TV series has really gone downhill also... I stopped watching.

conmbo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 conmbo2

It's an adventure title really when you play it and not much of an RPG.. and pretty boring at that with poor looking graphics.

Brendruis
I don't care about the graphics and I do like adventure games so I don't know... I wish I could just try one episode. I agree with the TV series... first season was awesome... second season was so bad... and the last season was better :D
Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts

From what I've read, PC is the way to go as it avoids the frametrate issues, though there were times where it would stutter. Still though, it is my favorite game of 2012. Definitely shouldn't be missed.

PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

If you're a fan of adventure games (it's actually more of an interactive story and less of an adventure game) and like the comics and/or the show, i'd say it's worth it. Just don't go in with any expectations. It's pretty overhyped imo, but it's still good. Nice story and characters, your choices do have some effect on things but ultimately overall they don't matter much.

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts
The simplest way to describe Walking Dead is a "interactive, situational choice Novel. Very good story, interesting characters, and a unique gameplay experience. It's a game where you use your brain more than your reflexes. There's no real rpg elements in the game other than selecting answers and or making choices.. It is not an action adventure game! There is action sequences, but there more like timed events with hitting corresponding keys. The game to me was more about the story then anything else and that's why I loved it so much.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Hi all,

It seems to me that I might really like this game... an RPG with a good plot not focused on zombie killing? Kinda like a sam and max or full throttle?

i like games like Uncharted, Heavy rain , silent hill downpour , Indigo Prophecy and the games mentioned above... I also have a ps3 and xbox so if you think its better to get the games on there let me know

conmbo2

It's an adventure game, kind of like your examples, sam and max & full throttle. Though different because it's a cinematicadventure game, so yeah, it's a good series to get into and as with all good adventure games, it does have a great plot.

Klawd11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Klawd11
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
It's pretty good, like all recent graphic adventures from TellTales Games. You should really try it if you like the genre.
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10540 Posts

i've just started playing through it (was only £15 on steam for all the episodes) and, an hour in, i think it's good. it's definitely, as others have said, more interactive movie than a game and not much of a traditional adventure game per se. i'm looking forward to seeing how the story develops

conmbo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 conmbo2

i've just started playing through it (was only £15 on steam for all the episodes) and, an hour in, i think it's good. it's definitely, as others have said, more interactive movie than a game and not much of a traditional adventure game per se. i'm looking forward to seeing how the story develops

Macutchi
So whats that? 80 $ on steam? Sounds like it's a game I would like. Thank you for all of your input... are there puzzles?
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Here's two other, more modern, adventure games that are easy to get into and are great:

The Book of Unwritten Tales - A widely acclaimed masterpiece amongst fans with beautiful graphics, memorable characters and a great story. There's so much charm poured into it, i high recommend buying it. Because it's pretty obscure in the mainstream, here's a review from IGN (9/10) and The Escapist(5/5) to get the general idea.

Sam & Max Complete Pack (the new one, season 1,2 and 3) - a rebirth of a classic done in a good way with excellent comedic dialogue and a wacky story, with a ton of content to boot because each season contains a number of episodes that have decent lenght.

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

It's entertaining on the first play thru, but if you bother playing a chapter again you realize that your choices don't matter the story is linear. It's kinda a lite version of Heavy Rain. Except, Heavy Rain actually had a branching story.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10540 Posts

[QUOTE="Macutchi"]

conmbo2

So whats that? 80 $ on steam? Sounds like it's a game I would like. Thank you for all of your input... are there puzzles?

about $25 by my estimation

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#14 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Yes, its my GOTY for 2012. good story, good characters, good dialogue and good atmosphere.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#15 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

PLAY IT.

GREAT STORY

well executed point and click adventure

great duel charterers

Game is GREAT extremely worth $12 bucks. Wouldn't mind paying full $25 for it if i needed to

i would of never bought the game if i didn't get to play EP one for free because it's really the type of games i go looking for but man i was hooked.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 k2theswiss

Brendruis
poor graphics? lol clearly you have no ideal what art style is...
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts

It's an amazing game. I definitely recommend it. Don't listen to the first reply. Bad graphics? Come on, it's called an art style. The story is so rich, and you really care for the characters. I honestly think its better than the show. You have to play it!

I've played a lot of games this year, but I honestly think this is my GOTY for 2012.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 k2theswiss

[QUOTE="Macutchi"]

conmbo2

$80 really dude? $25 full price but it's pretty much been $12 last 2 weeks between steam/amazon

conmbo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 conmbo2

[QUOTE="conmbo2"][QUOTE="Macutchi"]

k2theswiss

So whats that? 80 $ on steam? $80 really dude? $25 full price but it's pretty much been $12 last 2 weeks between steam/amazon Sounds like it's a game I would like. Thank you for all of your input... are there puzzles?

Yeah I was kidding... the pound to dollar conversion joke :)

damn 12 dollars for all 5 episodes? I will defiantely pick it up. Im guessing its a little more on the consoles too... the framerate issue would not bother me... sometimes I like to just have the ps3 controller in my hand with the surround sound with a bigger tv

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 k2theswiss

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="conmbo2"] So whats that? 80 $ on steam? Sounds like it's a game I would like. Thank you for all of your input... are there puzzles?conmbo2

$80 really dude? $25 full price but it's pretty much been $12 last 2 weeks between steam/amazon

Yeah I was kidding... the pound to dollar conversion joke :)

damn 12 dollars for all 5 episodes? I will defiantely pick it up. Im guessing its a little more on the consoles too... the framerate issue would not bother me... sometimes I like to just have the ps3 controller in my hand with the surround sound with a bigger tv

it was $10 on xbox only on xmas.... and that was because they gave away ep 1 free

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#21 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
I thought on the whole it was fantastic. The graphics might not be cutting edge but I thought the cel shading was a great way to capture the feel of the comic book.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

yes TWD is worth playing

conmbo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 conmbo2
Yeah I bought it this weekend, I played the first two episodes... wow the game is fantastic!
geitenvla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24 geitenvla
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

Although it's just another point and click adventure, this one is to be noticedbecause:

- It has a good story
- It has the power to emotionally relate to some personas (the game's prerogative, if you ask me)
- The camera work is pretty unique for a computer game (feels like a tv show)

conmbo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 conmbo2

Although it's just another point and click adventure, this one is to be noticedbecause:

- It has a good story
- It has the power to emotionally relate to some personas (the game's prerogative, if you ask me)
- The camera work is pretty unique for a computer game (feels like a tv show)

geitenvla

I finished episode 5 Monday, I cried like a little **** .. 10/10 .. best game of the year

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts
Well the only thing you should keep in mind is that there is no real "choice"... In the end it all turn out the same way anyway. But from what i have played (and heard from my friends) yes its a okey adventure game.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Its a very solid adveture game, that uses real life logic for the few puzzles, vs the acid trip logic most do. As a fan of the comic books, it does an amazing jobs capturing the feeling behind it. Unlike the tv show, which after Season 1 went for some over the top hollywood zombie show.

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Hey... Season 3 of the show is damn good. Can't wait until it continues in February.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
It's a fantastic game. A must-have, imho.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

i loved it but is not a rpg is like an interactive comic so to speak. If you like good interactive stories you should check it

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

GOTY 2012

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#32 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

You would definitely like it based on the games you listed. And of course your computer can run it, it's not hard to run at all and your computer's pretty great.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

edit* Oh, picked it up and enjoying it? Glad to hear it.*

It's well worth playing if you want a game that's heavily focused on story and characters.

It's a 'newschool' adventure game. Everyone I know personally who has played it, has been very impressed, and it has received a ton of critical acclaim, and even praise from some of the most 'mainstream' media outlets and award ceremonies out there- which is a bit confounding considering how it's not a 'traditional gamey game'.

So yeah, give it a shot if you're interested. Read about it or watch a video first if you're not, just be warey of spoilers.

It's kinda a lite version of Heavy Rain. Except, Heavy Rain actually had a branching story.

Threesixtyci

Only it didn't. It had a rigid linear story, only multiple characters - who in extremely rare circumstances could be removed from that linear process. The big, big difference between the two is that TWD actually gets the interaction right, and has extremely strong writing and voice acting. David Cage on the other hand, struggled to write a decent plot and script for Heavy Rain; it's one of the games major weaknesses.

conmbo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 conmbo2

You would definitely like it based on the games you listed. And of course your computer can run it, it's not hard to run at all and your computer's pretty great.

cain006
Yeah I beat it and it was the best game I played all year.... I had no complaints... just wish there were more episodes to play. That was the best game of the year in my opinion. Thanks everyone for the insight
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

Its basically an interactive movie with a few game play elements and you get to decide certain things. It actually has a very well written and engaging story so I dont mind that its more or less just a movie. I'd recommend it.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#36 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

[QUOTE="cain006"]

conmbo2

Yeah I beat it and it was the best game I played all year.... I had no complaints... just wish there were more episodes to play. That was the best game of the year in my opinion. Thanks everyone for the insight

Mass Effect trilogy is kinda similar to those games you listed in your first post if you're looking for something else to play. Alpha Protocol is similar to Mass Effect as well.