The sims 4 premium?.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Are you paying £30 more for a instruction manual and a tiny DLC for the sims 4 premium edition really?. That what it sounds like on the info contents. This is ridicules.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Ea has gotten worst they claim there for the player but there not..Same ol tactics..Charge the public for the most cash out of our wallets..Look at dragon age 3 same thing..

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@skipper847: It's a good thing no one is making you buy it, right?

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gladestone1

K3ck but when you water down games than charge u for expansions..The puclic will eventually get mad like the sims fans are doing with the petition..

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@skipper847 said:

Are you paying £30 more for a instruction manual and a tiny DLC for the sims 4 premium edition really?. That what it sounds like on the info contents. This is ridicules.

The Sims have always been about buying the base game and them adding heaps of DLC to it.

My wife just waits for it to come down in price and then buys it. That way she gets the game and a bit of DLC for the same price as launch date.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gladestone1

@FelipeInside:

True felipe but with them taking out toldler an pools an saving them for a expansion..When it should be in the base game..Has people in a up roar..Saying typical ea bullshit..Sorry the language but it is..Hence the petition..Yet ea says we changed our thought about pc gamers..Ya right..If thats the truth delay sims4 another year give the fans what they want..

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Anyone who buys The Sims 4 at all would be making a very stupid mistake, it's a huge step back from 3 in every way. Here's a thread with the 78 (confirmed so far) missing things from the game, it's absolutely insane..

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside

@harry_james_pot said:

Anyone who buys The Sims 4 at all would be making a very stupid mistake, it's a huge step back from 3 in every way. Here's a thread with the 78 (confirmed so far) missing things from the game, it's absolutely insane..

It's pretty bad hey? It's very similar to what Maxis has done with Sim City.

Saying that, I promised my wife I would buy this for her birthday... please don't hit me.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@skipper847 said:

The Sims have always been about buying the base game and them adding heaps of DLC to it.

My wife just waits for it to come down in price and then buys it. That way she gets the game and a bit of DLC for the same price as launch date.

That sounds like a good idea.

I dont know how it is in Australia, but here in Sweden, if you wait a few months before buying a Sims expansion pack, they will already have dropped below 75% of its original price.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside

@Maroxad said:

@FelipeInside said:

@skipper847 said:

That sounds like a good idea.

I dont know how it is in Australia, but here in Sweden, if you wait a few months before buying a Sims expansion pack, they will already have dropped below 75% of its original price.

Not as much as 75%, but here wait a few months and they come down in price. Except probably COD.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

well they will make tons more dlcs for it and i bet they will be overcharged as well its like EA's amazing sale strategy

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gladestone1

@FelipeInside:

Oh i wont bro been friends with you to long for that..How ever i had to buy it for my wife also..Warned her though..She said i dont care i love the sims lol..So whats a good hubby suppose to do..

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FelipeInside

@Gladestone1 said:

@FelipeInside:

Oh i wont bro been friends with you to long for that..How ever i had to buy it for my wife also..Warned her though..She said i dont care i love the sims lol..So whats a good hubby suppose to do..

Look at it on the bright side. They get into Sims which means more gametime for us :)

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts
@harry_james_pot said:

Where we see 78missing things, EA sees 4 expansions and 4 DLCs...

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

They want to see how far they could go by exploiting those soccer moms.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 skipper847

I bet that instruction manual is in adobe as well for download for extra £5

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Coseniath
@skipper847 said:

I bet that instruction manual is in adobe as well for download for extra £5

It's not a manual. It seems that way but in reality its a great guide to SIMS4 providing great info. This DLC costs £10...

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator

@FelipeInside said:

@harry_james_pot said:

It's pretty bad hey? It's very similar to what Maxis has done with Sim City.

Saying that, I promised my wife I would buy this for her birthday... please don't hit me.

I think this is worse than SimCity. :/

@Coseniath said:
@harry_james_pot said:

Where we see 78missing things, EA sees 4 expansions and 4 DLCs...

I know what you mean, but it's different this time. When 3 came out, they took out all the DLC stuff from 2 and released again as DLCs. But this time they're actually taking out major and small features of the base game itself, with half of them confirmed to be not coming in a DLC at all because the new engine doesn't support it.

In case not everyone opens the link, here are some of the missing things:

• There's loading screens when moving between lots, no open world anymore, and no cars.
  • SIGNIFICANTLY smaller “worlds” of <25 lots compared to 125+ lots in TS3
  • No story progression - Sims in the neighborhood age, but do not have children, get jobs, move, get married…etc. without player intervention.
  • No “normal” careers - Law enforcement, Medical, Business, etc. were removed.
  • All buildings on a lot must have the same foundation. No mixing for sheds, garages, etc.
  • Teens are same height as adults and they, along with elders, all look nearly identical.
  • The map is a 2d picture.

And all the 71 other things are equally horrible.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Coseniath

@harry_james_pot: With all the things that I have seen in gaming all these years (over 20) where there is money, everything is possible.

All the things that they were saying that it cannot be done due to wallet... eee engine limitations, they can be done later with an expansion that can change the limitations of the engine (a modified engine perhaps) or a completely new engine.

If you have play wow before Burning Crusade and after Cataclysm, you know what I mean...

And Sims is one of the best selling franchises. I think if they will get the numbers they want to see (over 20 millions maybe), Impossible is nothing™...

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Honestly I abandoned the series midway within 2, when I realized that I would have to buy the same expansions over and over again for any new base game they come around with. I'm satisfied with the ultimate edition of 2 that they gave for free.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside

It's a wonder the haven't tried to do a full blown Sims MMO again. With today's technology and a good team behind it, it could be great. Have your Sim live in a persistent world and the expansion would be your Sim traveling to other countries.

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator

@FelipeInside said:

It's a wonder the haven't tried to do a full blown Sims MMO again. With today's technology and a good team behind it, it could be great. Have your Sim live in a persistent world and the expansion would be your Sim traveling to other countries.

And since it's simulating life, you buy everything in the game (cloths, houses, cars, etc) with real money. :P

@Coseniath said:

@harry_james_pot: With all the things that I have seen in gaming all these years (over 20) where there is money, everything is possible.

All the things that they were saying that it cannot be done due to wallet... eee engine limitations, they can be done later with an expansion that can change the limitations of the engine (a modified engine perhaps) or a completely new engine.

If you have play wow before Burning Crusade and after Cataclysm, you know what I mean...

And Sims is one of the best selling franchises. I think if they will get the numbers they want to see (over 20 millions maybe), Impossible is nothing™...

I didn't expect it to get this bad though..

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gladestone1

@FelipeInside:

Bro this was suppose to be a mmorpg..They realised simcitys failure than decided half way through to can it..They learned there lesson, so instead of starting all over they decided to do this crap..Believe me its got people really pissed off..

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

that what sims 4 was supposed to be....the project failed and they took the scraps and gave you sims 4 instead. Hence why all the lacking features, removed open world and added load screens, etc. it's a Frankenstein cash grab

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Maroxad
@FelipeInside said:

Not as much as 75%, but here wait a few months and they come down in price. Except probably COD.

CoD games drop in price almost as fast as Sims expansions here. In fact, you can get the latest installment for only 10 dollars. In here, everything goes roughly 50% off after a few months (unless it has Bethesda, Blizzard or Nintendo written on the box). Which is a lot less than Sims expansions drop in price, which, like I said, drop down in price rapidly. You should give it a shot and see if the same applies for Sims expansions where you live.

@FelipeInside said:

Like the others said, this was indeed an attempt at a pseudo MMO. But Sim City happened and the game was scrapped. This game is the devs trying to salvage those scraps and the lack of features is the result of this. Besides, a Sims MMO would be really hard to design, and thus like you said need a good team. Which is currently out of reach for EA. A sims MMO would not have a skip forward option for obvious reasons, and the sims is practically designed around the skip forward function being used at certain pars of the game, such as when your sims go to sleep or when they go to work/school.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FelipeInside

@Maroxad said:
@FelipeInside said:

CoD games drop in price almost as fast as Sims expansions here. In fact, you can get the latest installment for only 10 dollars. In here, everything goes roughly 50% off after a few months (unless it has Bethesda, Blizzard or Nintendo written on the box). Which is a lot less than Sims expansions drop in price, which, like I said, drop down in price rapidly. You should give it a shot and see if the same applies for Sims expansions where you live.

@FelipeInside said:

Like the others said, this was indeed an attempt at a pseudo MMO. But Sim City happened and the game was scrapped. This game is the devs trying to salvage those scraps and the lack of features is the result of this. Besides, a Sims MMO would be really hard to design, and thus like you said need a good team. Which is currently out of reach for EA. A sims MMO would not have a skip forward option for obvious reasons, and the sims is practically designed around the skip forward function being used at certain pars of the game, such as when your sims go to sleep or when they go to work/school.

I showed my wife all the missing features from Sims 3 (up to 78 currently I think), and she decided just to buy a few more Sims 3 expansions and stick with that.

Funny, we did a dollar to dollar comparison. For the price of Sims 4 (game only) with all these missing features, she can get Sims 3 + 5 expansions at the same price on Origin.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Maroxad
@FelipeInside said:

I showed my wife all the missing features from Sims 3 (up to 78 currently I think), and she decided just to buy a few more Sims 3 expansions and stick with that.

Funny, we did a dollar to dollar comparison. For the price of Sims 4 (game only) with all these missing features, she can get Sims 3 + 5 expansions at the same price on Origin.

You did the right thing. Not only did you get a much better game, but instead of just making statements, you showed her evidence to back said statements up. Kudos on that, kudos. Which expansions did she get?

Edit: As you see, If you wait a short while, you can pick up Sims expansions for dirt cheap. Since those things drop in price fast rather than doing the contrary and anything you cant pick up for roughly 10 dollars, will drop down to that price soon enough.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By skipper847

I no most games you have to have the base game but in the sims 3 is there any expansions that don't need the base game?.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Maroxad

@skipper847 said:

I no most games you have to have the base game but in the sims 3 is there any expansions that don't need the base game?.

No stand alone expansion packs for Sims 3.

At most there is this

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FelipeInside

@Maroxad said:
@FelipeInside said:

You did the right thing. Not only did you get a much better game, but instead of just making statements, you showed her evidence to back said statements up. Kudos on that, kudos. Which expansions did she get?

Edit: As you see, If you wait a short while, you can pick up Sims expansions for dirt cheap. Since those things drop in price fast rather than doing the contrary and anything you cant pick up for roughly 10 dollars, will drop down to that price soon enough.

She hasn't purchased them yet but she is getting (on the weekend) the PETS and UNIVERSITY expansion.

I said to her that a year or so down the track, do the same thing with Sims 4 (if it's really worth it).

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#31 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@harry_james_pot said:

WTF? Is that list for real? So basically the demo we saw for TS4 is the whole game...I'm not going to lie, I really enjoy The Sims since I have a lot of fun with any construction game, and yes I had all expansions but that's because my game store owner friend gave them to me for free...I'd never spend the money on those expansions but I had some hope for TS4 (namely that they would include most of the previous expansions in the base game this time).

Really disappointed...

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 harry_james_pot  Moderator

@korvus said:

@harry_james_pot said:

WTF? Is that list for real? So basically the demo we saw for TS4 is the whole game...I'm not going to lie, I really enjoy The Sims since I have a lot of fun with any construction game, and yes I had all expansions but that's because my game store owner friend gave them to me for free...I'd never spend the money on those expansions but I had some hope for TS4 (namely that they would include most of the previous expansions in the base game this time).

Really disappointed...

Yeah instead of not including the expansion stuff, it doesn't even include half the game itself. Hilarious stuff. :D
And yes, the list is very real. That thread is from the new sims forum they just moved to. The old thread had a link next to each point with the tweet or interview that confirms it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Yeah I'm not getting The Sims 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#34 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@harry_james_pot: So by the time they release all their x-pacs and manage to put it in line with TS3, TS5 will be 2 months from release?

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator

@korvus said:

@harry_james_pot: So by the time they release all their x-pacs and manage to put it in line with TS3, TS5 will be 2 months from release?

I doubt they'll get it to TS3 level. Many of the missing things like the open world are apparently engine limitations.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By skipper847

To say no one wants it its number 1 on amazon in the top 100. Must be amazon fake clickers lol.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gladestone1

@korvus:

Depends on sales really..If people make a statement of coarse it will be scrapped than they shut down maxis maybe..If they do realise this was a mistake than they can start again from scratch..How ever if its a success this franchise will last 5 years with expansions..