The New Need for Speed...!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Looks like it's bringing back the customization of the Underground games (something I've noticed most gamers wanted).

Game looks pretty as hell too:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/xw1d4g/need-for-speed-e3-2015--walkthrough

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@FelipeInside: Looks awesome as **** and seems to be more back to its roots. I'm very hyped but a little disappointed the Burnout team has no involvement.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

@saintsatan said:

@FelipeInside: Looks awesome as **** and seems to be more back to its roots. I'm very hyped but a little disappointed the Burnout team has no involvement.

I wouldn't say back to it's roots. Back to Underground days, certainly. Which is exactly what I've wanted from Need for Speed, for a long time.

Except for the camera (which will apparently be optional), everything I've seen so far looks awesome. Need for Speed has been pretty stale in recent years, I haven't bothered with it for a while.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Haven't played a NFS game for ages, have any of the recent ones been good? Tempted to try the new Most Wanted since I really enjoyed the 2004 one.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside

@kraken2109 said:

Haven't played a NFS game for ages, have any of the recent ones been good? Tempted to try the new Most Wanted since I really enjoyed the 2004 one.

Yeah the newer ones have been good imo. They don't have the customization options if you're into that but the arcade gameplay and the graphics make it worthwhile anyways.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

Turn camera fast and furious style on each turn looked dumb to me. Outside of that it looks very promising.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

I'm glad the camera can be changed, because while it looked cool, actually playing it would irritate me...lol Haven't played a Need for Speed game since Shift, and I enjoyed Most Wanted. I'm glad this Need for Speed is going back to the Underground series though, I loved Underground 1 & 2

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#8 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

Don't like the camera either. Also, never cared for the stereotyped street racer culture theme. Haven't enjoyed NFS in a long time. Games like Forza Horizon are much better.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#9 Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

Agreed. In the E3 demo the Project Manager were stating that they are trying a mix of Underground/Most Wanted (2005) which is what NFS fans like me wanted. It's been 10 years since the last really great Need For Speed with was Need For Speed Most Wanted that was released in 2005.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11782 Posts

@Xtasy26 said:

Agreed. In the E3 demo the Project Manager were stating that they are trying a mix of Underground/Most Wanted (2005) which is what NFS fans like me wanted. It's been 10 years since the last really great Need For Speed with was Need For Speed Most Wanted that was released in 2005.

I think this would be the best combo as well. NFS has been lacking last few releases compared to those titles.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Xtasy26 said:

Last NFS I played was that one from 2005... I loved it. If the new one is more like that one, then I'll give it a shot.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I like that they have brought it back to Underground!

Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

... I'm not buying into it. The last GOOD NFS was Porsche unleashed (2000). The last DECENT NFS was Most Wanted (2005). I hope Criterion isn't a part of this project, as they did a real number with Most Wanted (2012).

Still, I'll keep my eye out for this one.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

have not played a decent NFS game since NFS most wanted 2005, series needs a proper reboot, not sure this is it, will get this one when its on sale for less than $5.00.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Its open-world, that means its bad.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside

@GTR12 said:

Huh? Making it open world doesn't really matter as long as the racing is fun.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GTR12

@FelipeInside said:
@GTR12 said:

Underground and MW 2005 had closed-off racing, MW/UG2 were open-world for the "getting to races part" but the actual racing was closed-off. Ie; you couldn't pick your own route or anything.

Thats what made it fun, evading cops on a circuit where you cant just go wherever, its not realistic, but thats not the point, its what made NFS.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

@GTR12 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@GTR12 said:

Underground and MW 2005 had closed-off racing, MW/UG2 were open-world for the "getting to races part" but the actual racing was closed-off. Ie; you couldn't pick your own route or anything.

Thats what made it fun, evading cops on a circuit where you cant just go wherever, its not realistic, but thats not the point, its what made NFS.

So both games had closed off racing?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GTR12

@FelipeInside said:
@GTR12 said:

Yes, thats what made it good, you cant just go off-track to evade the cops then jump back in the race. If you have played the The Crew, it would make it more clear, there are guidelines in that game when in a race, but you dont have to follow those guidelines.

uriweru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 uriweru
Member since 2015 • 48 Posts

I can't wait for this to come out, hopefully it's not a disappointment.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside

@GTR12 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@GTR12 said:

Yes, thats what made it good, you cant just go off-track to evade the cops then jump back in the race. If you have played the The Crew, it would make it more clear, there are guidelines in that game when in a race, but you dont have to follow those guidelines.

I think this Need for Speed is the same though (I could be wrong). You have the open world where you can pick up random players to race, but then the missions (main races) are closed off.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#22  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

The overhead car camera in the showcase looked absolutely terrible, good thing i prefer cockpit/bonnet cameras for arcade racers. The cutscenes though were the best part. So hilariously corny.

Hopefully the customization suits various styles or maybe have the ability to completely form and shape your own bodykits and full body decal/paint control. I own a Subaru BRZ, so the boring part of the showcase was probably more appealing to me than others. Would be cool if you can save and share designs around online. It's 2015, so I expect something that has this feature.

To me, having Criterion not touching this game is a good thing. They are what I call hot garbage and have a tendency of not putting manual transmission in some of their games. Hopefully this will at least have it.

Sanch5375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sanch5375
Member since 2015 • 36 Posts

I haven't played a NFS since MW(2005), but I loved underground, I hope they don't ruin this game. I completely avoided the newer versions of NFS.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Haven't played any of the need for speeds since underground. Does anyone know if this one will require an internet connection like the last few in this series?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside

@ribstaylor1 said:

Haven't played any of the need for speeds since underground. Does anyone know if this one will require an internet connection like the last few in this series?

Yes, this one will require an online connection.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

Looking good so far:

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Feature/405866,hands-on-preview-need-for-speed.aspx