The deluxe version of dragon age worth the extra 15$?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

I plan to grab dragon age tomorow, but I still can't decide what retail version I should go for. My main interest is about that dlc:

Is the retail verison contain the same stuff as the steam version?

can you purchase the deluxe dlc in EA store?

if yes for how much?

and how long that dungeon dlc last in term of gameplay?

Thanks

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

You still don't have Dragon Age:P

I don't see any point to buying the Deluxe edition unless you want a few exclusive in game items and the soundtrack itself. You get the other 2 DLC's in the normal retail version sooo....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832130236&cm_re=dragon_age_origins-_-32-130-236-_-Product

Just buy the normal edition and then buy the wardens keep DLC (if you want it.) for 7$. I beat the game yesterday and never played Wardens Keep, so I don't know what I am missing.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

I don't see any point to buying the Deluxe edition unless you want a few exclusive in game items and the soundtrack itself. You get the other 2 DLC's in the normal retail version sooo....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832130236&cm_re=dragon_age_origins-_-32-130-236-_-Product

Just buy the normal edition and then buy the wardens keep DLC (if you want it.) for 7$. I beat the game yesterday and never played Wardens Keep, so I don't know what I am missing.

JangoWuzHere

Not much, to be honest. Warden's Keep isn't anything special.

chapman86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 chapman86
Member since 2004 • 583 Posts

I gotta agree the guy above, it isnt worth 15. trust me, if you get it, you might be disappointed. If you can wait a year, im sure they will drop the price reasonaly enough that you can buy and feel that it was worth it.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

StrawberryHill

Thanks a lot guys, I will go with the normal version :)
555SSOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#6 555SSOO
Member since 2008 • 1873 Posts

Those rarely are.

nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
deluxe edition is not worth it because you can download all the perk dlc legally. all the bonus items and all the gamestop / amazon items.. just google it. you'll either get a torrent or the actual dragon age forums with a post to downloading them strait from bioware. just get the normal, do that and then buy warden's keep imo.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

StrawberryHill

what are you talking about? its essential for the ability of storage alone. also the two alchemical abilities are great ( amazing for mage, pretty good for rogue, havn't played as warrior yet)
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="StrawberryHill"]

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

nimatoad2000

what are you talking about? its essential for the ability of storage alone. also the two alchemical abilities are great ( amazing for mage, pretty good for rogue, havn't played as warrior yet)

You don't need to use storage. Most of the items you pick up will be sold anyway.
The-Techspert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 The-Techspert
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts

you can just mod your backpack to give 999 storage space, dont buy the DLC or deluxe version just for that.

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

The warden's keep costs 7 dollars and I believe stone prisoner comes with the regular version ( did with mine). So I don't think its really worth the extra 15 bucks.

Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts

you can just mod your backpack to give 999 storage space, dont buy the DLC or deluxe version just for that.

The-Techspert
There is a camp mod, unlimited storage. Definetly no need to get WK for that!