This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kingmohd84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Kingmohd84
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts
Hello everyone,
I dont have hd tv, i tried to watch GoW on my friends sony bravia , i can see a difference but not a thousand dollar differenceany way i decided to buy an hdtv, but latelyi havebeing playing jade empire on my 360 using the hd wires(component or composite i forgot which) as it accepts the signal but its not an hdtv, its a regulary CRT. yet the colors are very beautiful.
what i understand is that the best picture possible is supported by a CRT because it has the best blacks, and damn does it look good,but not HD. I want to know how does HD tv colors from the more experienced hdtv users, how do they stand up next to CRT.i know on LCD it always looks a little pale.
if it differs between one hdtv and another, recommand one hdtv with best picture...i was going for samsung's new models
Shy-Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Shy-Link
Member since 2005 • 291 Posts
There are HD CRTs, you know. That way you could have HD resolutions with the superior CRT picture you were talking about.
clsnbrdr616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 clsnbrdr616
Member since 2005 • 572 Posts
I used to have a CRT HDTV and I now have a LCD... honestly this new LCD I have has really good blacks and colors, so I didn't really notice a difference between the two (cept maybe just a slight one). Some really good LCDs have really good blacks and good colors, but then again some cheaper LCDs tend the lack in those departments. That's just my experience though and I'm happy with my new LCD. Not sure if this helps you or not, but I thought I'd mention it since I used to have one. :)

Added: My new LCD is a Samsung 32" 720p (actually 768p) LCD HDTV... model #LN-T3242H. I've also heard good things of there other LCD models, but haven't tried any besides my own so I can't personally say for the other models.