the centurion just.. wont DIE!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

coolermaster has announced that very soon coming to a styore shelf will be the successor of the centurion 5 the centurion 6.

http://www.techpowerup.com/178099/Cooler-Master-Launches-Centurion-6-Case.html

12a.jpg

the msot popular case ever sold to pc builders the world over has once again risen from the grave.. the question is however. will lightning strike twice for coolermaster? the launch price is certainly up many folks alley with a 50 dollar launch tag. my question is how will the competition re-act?

#2 Posted by General_X (9136 posts) -
Pretty cool, Centurion 5 was my first case ever back in '08, but it's a shame they're still selling the original in 2012 (must have just recently pulled it). It was a good case back in the day but it doesn't hold up these days. Looking forward to seeing the features that this revision will be coming with.
#3 Posted by Guppy507 (17398 posts) -
Looks like a dust vacuum with the mesh front. Flashbacks to my HAF 922.
#4 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2647 posts) -
Pretty cool, Centurion 5 was my first case ever back in '08, but it's a shame they're still selling the original in 2012 (must have just recently pulled it). It was a good case back in the day but it doesn't hold up these days. Looking forward to seeing the features that this revision will be coming with.General_X
I have the centurion 5 still and nothing has broken no quality issues. Had it since 07 or 08. Would buy another definatly. Easy to clean
#5 Posted by WastelandArcher (78 posts) -
I've been using the Elite 430 for a long time with no problems. I can't really think of a time I ever had a problem with a chasis, except one I bought at a local computer store that was just poorly designed where the usb ports on the front came loose. This is a pretty nice case, and the price is certainly right. What has changed besides price point in this model over the Cent 5?
#6 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2647 posts) -
I've been using the Elite 430 for a long time with no problems. I can't really think of a time I ever had a problem with a chasis, except one I bought at a local computer store that was just poorly designed where the usb ports on the front came loose. This is a pretty nice case, and the price is certainly right. What has changed besides price point in this model over the Cent 5?WastelandArcher
it looks a little cooler lol
#7 Posted by mrmarrero (312 posts) -

Wow... my first or second real build was ina Centurion. It makes me want to buy another just for old times sakes...

#8 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23995 posts) -
Looks pretty decent. I'd probably get a corsair 200r over this though.
#9 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2647 posts) -
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]Looks pretty decent. I'd probably get a corsair 200r over this though.

does it have a front mounted fan? The 200r? Can't see on iphone
#10 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

That's a nice, efficient case design. I've always been a fan of the Centurion. My best friend and I have each had variants of the Centurion 5. It's tough to justify buying one now when the 690-II is only about 20 bucks more.

#11 Posted by Marfoo (5994 posts) -
Ah, I've had a Centurion 5 once upon a time. Had a Core 2 Duo and X1900XT in there, good times.
#12 Posted by FelipeInside (26703 posts) -

For some reason I've never liked Coolermaster for Cases. They look cheaps plasticy to me, but I know some models are pretty good.

I'm going a bit crazy for my new build in Febarury using this case:

ddd

#13 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2647 posts) -

For some reason I've never liked Coolermaster for Cases. They look cheaps plasticy to me, but I know some models are pretty good.

ddd

FelipeInside

they do look kinda cheap and that is way sick :o

#14 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

only $50?

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

ddd

_SKatEDiRt_

they do look kinda cheap and that is way sick :o

^^^^ needs a glass box

#15 Posted by FelipeInside (26703 posts) -
^^^ Glass Box would defeat the purpose of the great cooling.
#16 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23995 posts) -
looks spill proof
#17 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -
looks spill proofJigglyWiggly_
and cat hair proof
#18 Posted by FelipeInside (26703 posts) -
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]looks spill proofdarksusperia
and cat hair proof

I don't have pets and I never drink next to my computer. Idiot Proof :)
#19 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2647 posts) -

[QUOTE="darksusperia"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]looks spill proofFelipeInside
and cat hair proof

the antec nine hundred had a cup holder.. er thats what i used it for

#20 Posted by FelipeInside (26703 posts) -

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="darksusperia"] and cat hair proof_SKatEDiRt_

Yeah I remember. I have no idea why they did that. The cup holder was just centimetres away from the Top Fan. I don't know if it was a cup holder though, maybe it was just to put USB drives or something...
#21 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2647 posts) -

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I don't have pets and I never drink next to my computer. Idiot Proof :)FelipeInside

Yeah I remember. I have no idea why they did that. The cup holder was just centimetres away from the Top Fan. I don't know if it was a cup holder though, maybe it was just to put USB drives or something...

Maybe it was a water damage scam?

#22 Posted by FelipeInside (26703 posts) -

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

_SKatEDiRt_

Or maybe the Nine Hundred was just so awesome that that huge fan could blow the water upwards and make patterns in the air...
#23 Posted by N8A (18602 posts) -
According to coolermaster.com there will also be a black version. Personally i like the black version better.
#24 Posted by kraken2109 (13257 posts) -
[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Yeah I remember. I have no idea why they did that. The cup holder was just centimetres away from the Top Fan. I don't know if it was a cup holder though, maybe it was just to put USB drives or something...FelipeInside

Or maybe the Nine Hundred was just so awesome that that huge fan could blow the water upwards and make patterns in the air...

It's just a useful place to put stuff. I have 4 flash drives, card readers etc in it.
#25 Posted by o0squishy0o (2775 posts) -

ddd

FelipeInside
Cheap and plasticy and yet you quote that to look nice? Interesting :P
#26 Posted by FelipeInside (26703 posts) -
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

ddd

o0squishy0o

I never said it looks nice. I said I'm going a bit crazy and trying that case out since I've always just used a normal black tower. It looks weird actually.
#27 Posted by kipsta77 (1119 posts) -

The Centurion series is one of my favorites. ive owned the centurion 5, the centurion 5 II, and my next upgrade will be with the centurion 6.

#28 Posted by Wolfetan (7522 posts) -
[QUOTE="o0squishy0o"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

ddd

FelipeInside

I never said it looks nice. I said I'm going a bit crazy and trying that case out since I've always just used a normal black tower. It looks weird actually.

Wait, you can put all your components in there??
#29 Posted by FelipeInside (26703 posts) -
^^ yeah of course, its a full blown open air case.
#30 Posted by kraken2109 (13257 posts) -
^^ yeah of course, its a full blown open air case.FelipeInside
A bit like the Antec Skeleton
#31 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]^^ yeah of course, its a full blown open air case.kraken2109
A bit like the Antec Skeleton

yep, but the pci expansion rail doesn't look flimsy on the aerocool like the antec
#32 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23995 posts) -
Both of those are going to look like ugly messes after a while and you are going to want to close them up. Except that destroys the whole point.
#33 Posted by FelipeInside (26703 posts) -
Both of those are going to look like ugly messes after a while and you are going to want to close them up. Except that destroys the whole point.JigglyWiggly_
Why ugly messes? If you do a good job with the cabling then there is no reason it will look ugly (weird maybe). As for dust, these cases gather LESS dust than a traditional tower fyi. As for the Antec Skeleton, yes I though about that one too, but I've read reviews that the graphics card slot is complicated to work on.
#34 Posted by avneet1 (236 posts) -

Anyone know when this new Centurion case goes on sale? Working out a budget list for new computer parts I hope to buy within a months time.

#35 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23995 posts) -
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]Both of those are going to look like ugly messes after a while and you are going to want to close them up. Except that destroys the whole point.FelipeInside
Why ugly messes? If you do a good job with the cabling then there is no reason it will look ugly (weird maybe). As for dust, these cases gather LESS dust than a traditional tower fyi. As for the Antec Skeleton, yes I though about that one too, but I've read reviews that the graphics card slot is complicated to work on.

You'll see what I meme once you get that case.