The Best Prince of Persia?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psp-freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 psp-freak
Member since 2005 • 528 Posts

I'm just starting to get into the PoP games. I beat Sands of Time and am almost done Warrior Within and am currently loving the series. I don't like the combat that much though. I can't seem to get the hang of it and I'm having to use an infinite health trainer to get through the games. I love the platforming though and I can easily see this series being one of my favourite series of all time.

So far my favourite is The Sands of Time.

Phelaidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Phelaidar
Member since 2005 • 1533 Posts
Try not to use trainers... I mean, combat is one of the best things about POP trilogy, you just have to be patient to master it! =) Anyway, I can't choose between the sands, warrior or two thrones... I just love the whole trilogy. This new POP is quite good, though not as good as the other ones and definitely is NOT a prince of persia game. It just has the same name, but not the soul.
Argyleye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Argyleye
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Absolutely! Sands of Time has always been my favorite PoP... I think both Warrior Within and respectively The Two Thrones have a distinct spirit to them that appeals to different type of gamers. They're both remarkable games but not quite to my taste. The 2008 PoP brings back the fairytale-like image of Sands of Time but there are some gameplay issues that I didn't like that much... Yet I would say it's my second-fav. The two "classical" PoP are a different breed altogether. LOVED the original PoP although towards the end it would pose a true challenge but HATED most of the puzzles in PoP 2 and never got to finish it...

I wish you a pleasant journey through the world of PoP. A word of advice: make sure to get all the swords in Warrior Within in order to unlock the "true" ending of the game (the one that is subsequently used in The Two Thrones).

Cheers!

HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts
I love the DOS Prince of Persia, I haven't played any of the other ones.
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Warrior Within was the one the one which i had the most enjoyable experience, Sands Of time was cool, Two Thrones ain't all that, and the new one is only using the same name, it's not the same game, i'm enjoying it, but i think that if they had followed the old ones formula, it would be much better.
scorching_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 scorching_cool
Member since 2004 • 132 Posts
I loved the old one,the one where you had one hour to make it out of the prison...that was awesome :) but I guess I'm partial to that becuase it was one the first games I played..
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

Sands of Time was the best.

The newest one was a slight disappointment. The combat was easier then a 2 piece puzzle, but the platforming had some major improvements. While I don't like how easy the game was, I really liked the additions of the slides and magic platforms. Those added a lot to make the platforming fluid and enjoyable. The combat should have been kept to the original. It was a lot of fun to take down 10+ enemies doing crazy stunts like running up a wall and while throwing weapons at them.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
I like the newest one best. Warrior Within is also very good.
teldath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 teldath
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
i actually like the newer one better after playing both of them all the way through
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
ALL are awesome.... the trilogy is great, and the new one lives up to the standards Play through all of them, u wont regret it
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hellboard
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
id say warrior within it was better than sands of time, sands of time was disney, warior within, well tis epic, also no more idiotic respawining sand monsters i hated those, i havent played two thrones, as for prince of anime.. that game maybe be great but it has nothing to do with prince.... or persia...:)
BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

I voted Warrior within. I wasn't the biggest fan of the change of theme, but the level design and the fairly deep combat system just give it the edge over sands of time for me. It was also the most challenging out of the three and is the only one I have replayed more than once.

The old games are obsolete today if you ask me. The two thrones did a great job of completing the story, but lacked something to make it stand out, call it personality, and I felt the mini games weren't always that successfully implemented. I have no desire to play the 2008 version.

Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hellboard

I voted Warrior within. I wasn't the biggest fan of the change of theme, but the level design and the fairly deep combat system just give it the edge over sands of time for me. It was also the most challenging out of the three and is the only one I have replayed more than once.

The old games are obsolete today if you ask me. The two thrones did a great job of completing the story, but lacked something to make it stand out, call it personality, and I felt the mini games weren't always that successfully implemented. I have no desire to play the 2008 version.

BLKR4330
finally someone who agrees with me on this ww>sands of time.
Kleeyook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#14 Kleeyook
Member since 2008 • 5213 Posts
I'm currently playing Sand of Time right now. I love platforming but I hate combat.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#15 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
DOS PoP, pure class.
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hellboard
DOS PoP, pure class.nutcrackr
:) good point.
Shing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Shing87
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts
The sands of Time
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

SoT is obviously the best.

The new PoP could be Pacman of Persia. It really does seem like a Pacman platformer; instead of ghosts though you have horrible combat with repetitive bosses.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
The old pince of persia is pretty good, besides that Sand of time is my favourite and I though Prince of Persia 2008 was the worst game in the series by far
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hellboard
The old pince of persia is pretty good, besides that Sand of time is my favourite and I though Prince of Persia 2008 was the worst game in the series by farnaval
damn right, i cant believe its even in the series :(