The BEST gaming laptop manufacturers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nikita121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 nikita121
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

My current Gateway POS (Piece Of &*@$) laptop cost around 1,100 dollars. It was a good laptop for exactly 2 FREAKING WEEKS!!! After that everything went to pieces. GPU overheated to 100 C, HORRIBLE FPS, slow CPU, dead pixels, all that junk. Not surprised becuase the other day the laptop went 404 (non existant) from the main page(in only 5 months WOW) and Gateway refuses to tell me why. I was totally ripped off and their tech support (wholly Indian and illetarate) won't do a darn thing about it. Anyways, sorry to totally go on about my rage rant but my main reason is this...

What is the BEST gaming laptop company in terms of quality, reliability, and customer care? I'm hoping to sell my Gateway POS (doubt anyone will buy it though) and save up money until I can get a different one. I am just asking about what you guys would recommend for a company to buy a gaming laptop from. Thanks!

JonChaoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#2 JonChaoZ
Member since 2009 • 297 Posts

I'm not super smart on what the best laptop brands, so I'm mostly going on experience/feedback here.

Vaio + Toshiba are quality laptops.

Dell + Asus are decent quality and price.

HPs are a popular choice - but every HP laptop I come across is unusually hot, so I don't prefer them.

Acer I haven't had much experience with, but I hear are kinda cheap.

Regardless of what your choice is, I'd get a laptop fan to max your performance.

nikita121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 nikita121
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

I'm not super smart on what the best laptop brands, so I'm mostly going on experience/feedback here.

Vaio + Toshiba are quality laptops.

Dell + Asus are decent quality and price.

HPs are a popular choice - but every HP laptop I come across is unusually hot, so I don't prefer them.

Acer I haven't had much experience with, but I hear are kinda cheap.

Regardless of what your choice is, I'd get a laptop fan to max your performance.

JonChaoZ

Thanks dude, I think I'll actually go with ASUS on my next laptop purchase. My friend told me they're good and they're not complete rip-off jerks like gateway. As a matter of fact, I already have a laptop fan and it didn't change my performance at all, other than decreasing the temperature a bit.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
MSI makes decent laptops to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152190
Bigsteve3570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Bigsteve3570
Member since 2009 • 975 Posts
Asus; nuff said.
nightz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 nightz2k
Member since 2004 • 456 Posts

I see Asus recommended a lot as well and rarely hear any issues. A lot of issues are user error and/or have no clue what they're doing.

The G73jh looks like your best bet for gaming on a Laptop.

Just don't ever expect a gaming laptop to be the same performance as a gaming PC and you'll be fine. 8)