Team Fortress 2 Beta end?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

syngaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 syngaming
Member since 2007 • 247 Posts
Hey guys, wondering whats happening with the TF2 game, i have the game and was playing the beta for about 2 weeks now. So far with the release of the orange box on steam,portal and ep 2 have been unlocked and activated - but TF2...i can still play but is it still the beta? If not - its abit disapoiting that theres only 6 maps in total - now i still love the game and still play it.

But i was looking forward to new maps, features etc to the game after the release of the orange box ect.

So simple question is, is TF2 still beta? or is it the full game and still awaiting on more maps from valve?

Cheers
Dreyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dreyson
Member since 2003 • 521 Posts
The game is not in beta anymore, and yes only 6 maps at this time.
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
I'm pretty sure the beta is the real game, it's just that you got to play it early. About the maps, I agree it's not that much but there are already a nice number of custom maps that are out and more to come.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#4 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

the game was never really in "beta" because the damn thing went gold some time ago. It was just an early release, I assume they used the term beta to appease EA. TF2 is what it is now and what it was is. In other words you were playing TF2 and will still be playing it.

More maps will come (probably more ctf) I'd guess maybe 6 more over a year or two. They decided to go for less maps rather than 15 of which only a few are played.