SWTOR: Free Transfer from APAC Servers shutting down

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Well, it was a very sad day when they announced that our local APAC servers would be shut down. We don't get many companies with local servers and we always have ping issues with American and European Servers.

Anyway, BioWare are offering a free once off transfer to any other non-APAC server.

Just thought I would let anyone know who has characters on a APAC Server.

http://games.on.net/2013/06/bioware-offering-free-transfers-off-the-doomed-swtor-apac-servers/

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FelipeInside
Saying that, does anyone know which American and/or European Servers are the most populated? Cheers
BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I'm on Shadowlands and it stays packed.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
Will have to find out where the boy has his characters and move them if necessary. Thanks for the heads up.
gem98088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gem98088
Member since 2011 • 542 Posts
Wow.. what a stupendous mess they have created.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside
Wow.. what a stupendous mess they have created.gem98088
At least they tried and gave Oceania local servers, something nearly no one does. But looks like its not worth maintaining the servers. Don't blame them with Australian prices, lol...
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Because they don't have enough of a population to justify the costs running that shard, I imagine. Either way, yeah that sucks.
James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

There's been a thread on the forums for at least 6 months where the more hardcore players were saying their servers were dead. So I think they've wanted this to happen for a while. Sadly, you guys either have to deal with high pings or low server populations. I don't think there is anything that can be done. EA started with Oceanic servers, but the hardcore players wanted high population more.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside

There's been a thread on the forums for at least 6 months where the more hardcore players were saying their servers were dead. So I think they've wanted this to happen for a while. Sadly, you guys either have to deal with high pings or low server populations. I don't think there is anything that can be done. EA started with Oceanic servers, but the hardcore players wanted high population more.

James00715
Yeah, it's all good. I'll miss looking down at my bar and seeing 20ms ping, but I mostly do PvE so it doesn't bother me that much. Saying that, even with PvP, we Aussies are used to playing on EU/US Servers with 100ms-200ms ping. It's mostly a shame because it's one of the few companies that took that risk, and I was thinking it would lead more companies to do it as well.
zhangweizheng3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zhangweizheng3
Member since 2006 • 217 Posts

Saying that, does anyone know which American and/or European Servers are the most populated? CheersFelipeInside

Come to The Bastion, a pretty active pvp server from the looks of it

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Saying that, does anyone know which American and/or European Servers are the most populated? Cheerszhangweizheng3

Come to The Bastion, a pretty active pvp server from the looks of it

Thanks, but I actually went to The Harbringer cause I only do PvE Servers, and that's where the majority of Aussies are heading. It's the new "unofficial" Oceanic PvE Server now.