Sword Coast Legends gameplay video.(Looks surprisingly good)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Lol the voice acting reminds me of witcher. So what do you guys think? Yay or nay? http://www.pcgamer.com/sword-coast-legends-gameplay-shown-off-in-new-video/

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Looks and sounds pretty good, nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

I just wish these developers would embrace turn based combat.. They are far more involved and provide far more options as well as strategy.. I noticed in that combat positioning basically meant jack shit for instance..

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

I just wish these developers would embrace turn based combat.. They are far more involved and provide far more options as well as strategy.. I noticed in that combat positioning basically meant jack shit for instance..

There's a market for both. I don't mind turn based but I prefer real time with pause like this game.

On the subject of the game... looks great and reminds me of my Baldurs Gate days....shame I haven't got time for big RPGs anymore.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

@FelipeInside:

I concur. For fans of turn-based there is D:OS. I much prefer RTwP personally. I am really hoping this turns out good. I am a big fan of the original NWN and would love to see something like this and PoE be really successful.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#6 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Hyped !!!

@FelipeInside said:

@sSubZerOo said:

There's a market for both. I don't mind turn based but I prefer real time with pause like this game.

Also this ^^

I don't have problem with Turn based games and I loved DOS but I prefer RTwP. There is room for both.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@sSubZerOo said:

On the subject of the game... looks great and reminds me of my Baldurs Gate days....shame I haven't got time for big RPGs anymore.

No there really isn't.. CRPG's are pretty much all the dumbed down real time with pause.... Developers have been trying to copy from games like Baldur's Gate 2 for over a decade, with out addressing enormous problems with mechanics and gameplay it had.. As we can see here, positioning means absolute jack shit.. And the majority of melee classes are pretty much are click and forget in combat.. I am all for real time with pause if it is done intelligently.. But long and behold I have yet to see the day when that is the case!

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Looks like casual kiddie shit, for a d&d game.

Cooldowns/no resting, auto healing, linear levels, hand holding....

Ehh...like D&D meets Dragon Age

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58846 Posts

Looks interesting.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FelipeInside

@sSubZerOo said:

@FelipeInside said:

@sSubZerOo said:

No there really isn't.. CRPG's are pretty much all the dumbed down real time with pause.... Developers have been trying to copy from games like Baldur's Gate 2 for over a decade, with out addressing enormous problems with mechanics and gameplay it had.. As we can see here, positioning means absolute jack shit.. And the majority of melee classes are pretty much are click and forget in combat.. I am all for real time with pause if it is done intelligently.. But long and behold I have yet to see the day when that is the case!

I never understood when people say positing isn't important in this type of gameplay. Try putting your mage or healer at the front and see if it doesn't matter....

@bussinrounds said:

Casual hey? Try it on HARD mode and get back to me to see how you go....

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bussinrounds

@FelipeInside:

Just adding hp bloat doesn't make for more interesting and tactical combat.

It's all about the underlying mechanics and what crowd they're really aiming the game at.

Again, trying to please everybody doesn't work....

for the forty thousandth fucking time.

D&D license should be in the hands of someone more worthy like Larian/InXile/Obsidian...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

@bussinrounds said:

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FelipeInside

@bussinrounds said:

@FelipeInside:

It's all about the underlying mechanics and what crowd they're really aiming the game at.

D&D license should be in the hands of someone more worthy like Larian/InXile/Obsidian...

So you're saying that games like Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale were bad because they weren't turn based and therefore didn't have tactical combat (according to you of course)?

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bussinrounds

@FelipeInside said:

@bussinrounds said:

@FelipeInside:

So you're saying that games like Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale were bad because they weren't turn based and therefore didn't have tactical combat (according to you of course)?

Ugh...did those games have the bs I mentioned ? No.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside

@bussinrounds said:

@FelipeInside said:

@bussinrounds said:

@FelipeInside:

Ugh...did those games have the bs I mentioned ? No.

You're right on that one, the things you are mentioning are bs.... lol.

Just be happy that there are the two types of games available, so people that prefer each type has a variety to choose from.