surround sound for my 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Beach86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Beach86
Member since 2006 • 631 Posts

i cant seem to get it to sound good at all. i have a ps3 and it has a optical plug, so thats right in my surround sound. but the 360 has nothing. the only thing i did was connect the optical line to my actual tv and that gets it to play. but its not true surround sound. is there anyway to get it to sound good, or is the ps3's optical line just that much better?

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts

i cant seem to get it to sound good at all. i have a ps3 and it has a optical plug, so thats right in my surround sound. but the 360 has nothing. the only thing i did was connect the optical line to my actual tv and that gets it to play. but its not true surround sound. is there anyway to get it to sound good, or is the ps3's optical line just that much better?

Beach86
Did you set it to output surround sound in the Dashboard?
Beach86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Beach86

yeah, i guess its just cause the ps3 uses that optical cable and its just a better quality

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Marfoo

yeah, i guess its just cause the ps3 uses that optical cable and its just a better quality

Beach86
What are you using with your Xbox360, HDMI?
TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts

ps3 exclusives do have better sound, alot of them use dts instead of dolby... and if you were using hdmi most ps3 exclusives are lossless 7.1 (its actually easier for the console to output this way, no analog conversion).

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Marfoo

ps3 exclusives do have better sound, alot of them use dts instead of dolby... and if you were using hdmi most ps3 exclusives are lossless 7.1 (its actually easier for the console to output this way, no analog conversion).

TerroRizing
Lol, it's not difficult to run digital audio through a DAC, but yeah, you're right, it's one less step.
Beach86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Beach86

no, my 360 doesnt have the hdmi

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Marfoo

no, my 360 doesnt have the hdmi

Beach86
Then I think you are limited to using the red and white RCA cables. You'll need a receiver that can handle whatever Dolby or DTS mode the Xbox uses for surround to get surround out of those two cables.