Stranger's Wrath HD? Updated 29/4/11

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Hi, Has there been any more news on a release date for the HD patch for Stranger's Wrath yet?

I have been putting off playing the game until the HD patch was released.

And how are the bugs now? Are there still alot?

Thanks.

hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

The bugs and performance issues have been mostly fixed, though there are some ATI specific visual problems. It still feels like a console port but it's currently playable and very enjoyable. The HD patch is coming out in May probably, Abe's Odyssey HD is coming to PC later as well.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PcGamingRig

The bugs and performance issues have been mostly fixed, though there are some ATI specific visual problems. It still feels like a console port but it's currently playable and very enjoyable. The HD patch is coming out in May probably, Abe's Odyssey HD is coming to PC later as well.

hypoty

good not that far away then, i might wait for it still because apparently it's adding lot's more steam achievements.

EDIT: just found this...

Article

apparently it's being shown tonight, so we might actually get to see what it looks like in some videos.

Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

Ah, cool link find. I've been wanting to play SW for ages and was really disappointed in the crappiness of the PC port. Might finally be able to get it now :D

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PcGamingRig

Scrawl

Eurogamer

Stranger's Wrath HD has been pushed back to the summer, But they have also announced they are working on a Munch's Odyssey HD Remake aswell now. I think that will also be in the Oddboxx.

Also they are making Hand of Odd for Tablet PC, Facebook(meh), PC & Mac.

There was also more news on Abe's HD Remakes.

bluemoon6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 bluemoon6
Member since 2009 • 310 Posts

There's been heavy speculation that the rumored third bit of extra content is indeed just steam support which would suggest that the new HD version is coming on to the PC simultaneously as it is released sometime during the general summer release window.