Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ab0dex
Member since 2016 • 2 Posts

steam , Origin , uplay

Games run all computer platforms, but the question which is better for you you ??

Subject for discussion :wink:

Employee427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Employee427
Member since 2016 • 489 Posts

No contest

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Obvoiusly steam due to volume of games, as uplay only have Unisoft games and origin only EA games.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

GOG > Steam > the rest

I just stay away from Origin and Uplay as there aren't any games to make them worth it. Everytime I think about playing a game that requires those I just end up finding another game that I'd rather play which is available on Steam. I don't need anymore bloatware on my PC

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

GOG and Steam. I don't use the others.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I judge games based on the game, not their glorified launcher.

I use all of them and they haven't given me much grief.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Steam first then GoG and that's it. Uplay and origin are not worth installing at all.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FelipeInside

@doozie78 said:

Uplay and origin are not worth installing at all.

Why? Some really great games from EA and Ubisoft.

I never understood the reasoning behind missing out on titles because of not wanting to install a game launcher.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts
@FelipeInside said:
@doozie78 said:

I never understood the reasoning behind missing out on titles because of not wanting to install a game launcher.

That's just me. I don't buy Ubisoft or EA games, and haven't for years. If someone really wants EA's tripe then sure, install away.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside

@doozie78 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@doozie78 said:

I don't buy Ubisoft or EA games

Because of the company or another reason? There's some really nice titles you're missing out on.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

It's pretty obviously steam imo.

Although a few times (from key sites) I've played games purely through Uplay and never had any issues - so indifferent.

GOG has alot of games steam don't, and while steam lets publishers dump older titles on in an abysmal state, (Tomb Raider/Legacy Of Kain) gog games are patched up with fixes with usually no issues.

Origin is full of overpriced games, and rather than just letting you buy a game, you get barraged with a billion tiered version always indicating the most expensive one selling on is selling the most in a piffy attempt to make you feel like you're missing out. More to the point, just don't like EA, it's like paying homage to Nazi's.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside

@uninspiredcup said:

Origin is full of overpriced games

I think that point depends on region. I've sometimes found Origin games to be cheaper than other sources.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Origin is full of overpriced games

I think that point depends on region. I've sometimes found Origin games to be cheaper than other sources.

Well, in the UK they are £49.99, with cut out special editions at £59.99.

Steam prices increased from £29.99 to £39.99 with a few trying £49.99.

Ubisoft actually rolled back £49.99, to £39.99, as did Bethesda wi8th Fallout 4, I would imagine the discrepancy in price created a sales dip, but who knows.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

GOG > Steam > Origin > Uplay

Tho Steam does have some great features the other platforms don't but just for pure gaming GOG is bis.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

You forgot to add the new window store which is really crap. It uses the cloud too much and is hard to delete games. It took me for ever to figure how to delete forza horizon 3. You had to reset it in apps and features then at turn 10 logo turn off the internet so it doesn't sync. Then you have to turn internet back on as it gets stuck but then loads again then your saved game is deleted.

But out of those you put I don't have a problem with any these days but steam is preferred as its easier to buy games on with out having to use credit card as you can buy steam vouchers plus got more games on. If I had a choice though I would want do the old way and just install games on my desktop from disc. Then download patches from website or magazine.

I don't see gog as the same as steam etc because it uses a website more then a client base.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

steam

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

I use GOG for singeplayer games and Steam for multiplayer.

JennV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JennV
Member since 2016 • 1 Posts

Extremely happy with Steam. What totally sold me, when I decided that 3 of the games I bought didn't fulfill my expectations, Steam refunded in full, no questions asked! This works from within Steam without much effort. Very impressed. The other big advantage is games management on your storage devices, which allows simply adding another drive and creating a second library or even moving your existing lib into a new place. Love it! I put my fav games in a wishlist on the Steam Store and wait for the alert when they are discounted and buy them then. Even games purchased from another source (GoG) can be "taken over" by your Steam library and managed there. Best thing ever: Steam!

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1128 Posts

@skipper847: OR you can just click the windows icon in the left corner then go to the game and Uninstall it buy right clicking it.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

@ab0dex: Steam. I have only used the others when games weren't available on steam. They suck.

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

I have all three and am happy with all three. EA and Ubisoft are giving out free games every month and they are good. Nox is free on Origin and The Crew is free on Uplay at this moment.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

I love Steam the most had the most games.. but I have a few games from Uplay, Origin, Kalypso, Battlenet.. and Windows 10.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@jennv said:

Even games purchased from another source (GoG) can be "taken over" by your Steam library and managed there. Best thing ever: Steam!

Why would I even want Steam running when GoG games don't require a client? The best client is no client.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

They all suck, if servers are down - you can't play sh^t :D

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:

Offline mode dude.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

Offline mode dude.

Steam and Origin make you call back to mama every few days even while offline. I think Uplay stayed offline the longest. It stayed offline for the duration of a two-week long road trip.

That was back in 2014. Not sure about now though.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

Offline mode dude.

Steam and Origin make you call back to mama every few days even while offline. I think Uplay stayed offline the longest. It stayed offline for the duration of a two-week long road trip.

You just have to do a few things before you go into offline mode.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

GoG is the best, steam does have some neat features for sure and is a good runner up

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

Offline mode dude.

This - I don't like, why make everything complicated? when some printer on Windows goes offline or looses connection for some reason you can still use it at offline state ASAP and once it connected again it starts to print - why doesn't Steam act the same? I know it's fair small complaint but it would be really nice if it did that automatically.

Many online games such as NFS Rivals got offline and online saves at the same time and they sync, when servers are down it saves to your local PC, once online again it asks you which save file is the most updated and the sync works at your command.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Uplay down now cant play my games. I'm 36% threw AC black flag again :(

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jun_aka_pekto

@FelipeInside said:

I can't think of much else to do. The in-game interface was off along with enabling offline mode. I do those for all three clients. But, I'd say 5 days into our trip, both Steam and Origin required log-in and password plus an online connection. We checked in into a motel with WiFi and everything was fine. But, still. I expected all three clients to remain offline the whole time. It seemed like Uplay was the only one that implemented a truly offline mode.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FelipeInside

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@FelipeInside said:

I can't think of much else to do. The in-game interface was off along with enabling offline mode. I do those for all three clients. But, I'd say 5 days into our trip, both Steam and Origin required log-in and password plus an online connection. We checked in into a motel with WiFi and everything was fine. But, still. I expected all three clients to remain offline the whole time. It seemed like Uplay was the only one that implemented a truly offline mode.

I haven't done it in a while but last I heard you had to update the client, make sure the games were updated and go into offline mode when connected to the internet so it could tell the server that you went into offline (that's Steam).

Maybe it could be easier but really these days you have internet available most places.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46270 Posts

Steam has a nice community (just click on a game and you'll instanly find discussions about it, guides, ...) and workshop support is mind blowing.
But on the other hand steam is rampant with early access games, survival games, broken games, VR games, ... It becomes really hard to search for the games you want, unless you already know what you want.

Uplay gives me free games and free soundtracks for the games I own, that is nice. It still feels really broken at times.
Origin gives me free games from time to time. But lately the free games have all been from the 60s or something, though classics, not something I'd still play.

At the end of the day... I like none of them that much.

I use steam to chat with my friends, to take screenshots, ... but if steam weren't there I'd just find other ways, it's just nice to have it all in one place.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34  Edited By gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

Steam is for sure the best. But the two others are interesting.

Steam is the best because of the PC layout that is very pro. And because of all the stuff it offer with the games such as forums and guide and so on.

And of course the best because of the amount of games offer.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@R4gn4r0k said:

Steam has a nice community (just click on a game and you'll instanly find discussions about it, guides, ...) and workshop support is mind blowing.

But on the other hand steam is rampant with early access games, survival games, broken games, VR games, ... It becomes really hard to search for the games you want, unless you already know what you want.

I use steam to chat with my friends, to take screenshots, ... but if steam weren't there I'd just find other ways, it's just nice to have it all in one place.

Not me. I play the game, quit, and that's it. I don't even have the in-game UI operational for any of the clients while playing.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k

@jun_aka_pekto: You never play online games with people you know ?

I can't imagine playing games like COH 2 or Battlefield on my own. It's just so much more fun with people I know :)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@R4gn4r0k said:

@jun_aka_pekto: You never play online games with people you know ?

I can't imagine playing games like COH 2 or Battlefield on my own. It's just so much more fun with people I know :)

Not much online gaming for me nowadays. I quit multiplayer back in 2009 when LAN support disappeared. BF2 was the last.

Quitting multiplayer also meant I have no real need for top tier PCs. Mid-range suits me just fine.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Don't use Ubi's thing except as a launcher through Steam, which is frustrating because I mistakingly made two accounts once and I keep forgetting which one is my main one so once in a blue moon I might sync a game to the "wrong" account lol.

But to answer the question, Steam > Origin > GoG

I like GoG more than Origin, but I play more EA games than I do GoG games (Steam has lots of old games, too)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@mrbojangles25 said:

Don't use Ubi's thing except as a launcher through Steam, which is frustrating because I mistakingly made two accounts once and I keep forgetting which one is my main one so once in a blue moon I might sync a game to the "wrong" account lol.

But to answer the question, Steam > Origin > GoG

I like GoG more than Origin, but I play more EA games than I do GoG games (Steam has lots of old games, too)

Why bother with a GoG client when it's not required to run GoG games? To me, that's the whole point of GoG. No client to mess with.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k

@jun_aka_pekto: No problem with enjoying singleplayer games more :)

Personally I usually play a couple of singleplayer games at a time and then one to two multiplayer games. Because I really want to focus on the multiplayer games and get better at them, than play a dozen of different MP games and suck at them all xD

But I find that both singleplayer and multiplayer games drive me towards getting a high end PC. Far Cry Primal, Need for Speed and Assassin's Creed games for example look brilliant, but they are mostly singleplayer.

I just want a better computer for better looking games, whether they be SP or MP.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#41 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@ab0dex: Uplay and Origin have gotten a lot better. I do still prefer Steam, but that has to do with my huge backlog of games and my already established friend list. Lately Both EA and UbiSoft have been showering users with free games on their respective platforms.

At any rate, if you play Call of Duty, Battelfield or Rainbow Six, then it is very likely you will end up using all of them.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

They're all tolerable. But, I still prefer GoG., which by the way, gained Crysis and Warhead. Those plus Metro 2033 Redux. It's great they're on GoG. I'll have to replace my disc-based Crysis eventually.