Steam has announced Portal 2. Thoughts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowsRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowsRunner
Member since 2006 • 742 Posts

The title said it all. I don't know if it's old news but I just saw it on my steam page.

BORN_TO_HATE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BORN_TO_HATE
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Well the first one was pretty mediocre and it spawned one of the worst fanbases I've ever witnessed. I'm more excited about what modders can do, like the first game.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

Good for you. I never liked Portal :)

ShadowsRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ShadowsRunner

Good for you. I never liked Portal :)

Crimsader

I never managed to bring myself to play it a second time. I even attempted to play Portal just a few days before exams. My mind was almost blown (in a bad way). Didn't really like it.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

I don't even want to see the Portal forums, I bet some will start a "the cake is a lie" war :/ but maybe it already happened. I don't get the admiration behind the cake from Portal, it's like people are trying to make themselves believe that the game actually has an extremely comical and deep story. Also the companion cube love...

I get it, the cake is a lie, yeah sounds cool the first time, second, maybe even third but not when you use it like a language.

I can't say I liked it, it was enjoyable but not the spectacular game that people say it is, and it's definitely not the game with the best story from that year o_0 it got a few awards for best story of the year...I wonder what did those people play in that year, tetris?

Anyway good that they announced "something" but if they don't announce anything else along with it then...that isn't really much.

FloydianBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FloydianBrad
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts

Just because the internet took it way too far doesn't mean it wasn't good to begin with. I loved Portal and the humor in it. Looking forward to the second one

ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts

Just because the internet took it way too far doesn't mean it wasn't good to begin with. I loved Portal and the humor in it. Looking forward to the second one

FloydianBrad

This. Portal was one of my favorite games of the last decade, and just because people created some annoying memes, doesn't take away from the actual game. Eagerly looking forward to this.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

[QUOTE="FloydianBrad"]

ProudLarry

This. Portal was one of my favorite games of the last decade, and just because people created some annoying memes, doesn't take away from the actual game. Eagerly looking forward to this.

I agree, not enough Portal love going on in this thread.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Geez, some PC gamers are a bit too "sour". Im excited, i loved the first and im looking forward to the sequel. :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
Member since 2005 • 1890 Posts
First of all, "Steam" didn't announce it, Valve did. Second, I'm fricking excited about Portal 2 :D
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts
[QUOTE="dannenissan2"]First of all, "Steam" didn't announce it, Valve did. Second, I'm fricking excited about Portal 2 :D

The former thing you said...you beat me to it :x :P
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DanielDust

Geez, some PC gamers are a bit too "sour".Dante2710
Maybe it's a coincidence but the game is absolutely the same. It's pretty boring and mediocre but still not annoyingly mediocre. Now Portal Prelude, that's a great experience, superb "game". It's sad to see a mod being way better than the base game, especially because Portal was made by a company that does only great games.

Compared to Portal Prelude, Portal was just trash, but hey, that's me, everyone else likes different things.

ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]Geez, some PC gamers are a bit too "sour".DanielDust

Maybe it's a coincidence but the game is absolutely the same. It's pretty boring and mediocre but still not annoyingly mediocre. Now Portal Prelude, that's a great experience, superb "game". It's sad to see a mod being way better than the base game, especially because Portal was made by a company that does only great games.

Compared to Portal Prelude, Portal was just trash, but hey, that's me, everyone else likes different things.

Hmm, I never played prelude, but thats only because when it was first released just about everyone was panning it. I might try it later when I get some free time, but this is the first time I've heard someone talking positively about it.
ShadowsRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShadowsRunner
[QUOTE="dannenissan2"]First of all, "Steam" didn't announce it, Valve did. Second, I'm fricking excited about Portal 2 :D

Ah sorry. I got mixed up. Back to the topic though. Where could Portal 2 possibly take place? The first one took place in some sort of a secret lab perhaps? ***SPOILER BEYOND THIS POINT*** And then suddenly the ending just shows you lying outside of the place you were in and then you were dragged away by something (sounds like a robot or something). It would be rather strange if Portal 2 would take place outside in the open world. ***SPOILER ENDS***
Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rob_101
Member since 2004 • 3291 Posts

Loved Portal 1 :D I just wonder how this one will be??? Is it going to be inside another facility? Or will it be set outside (direct continuation of the ending)? IDK.... I can't wait till we get a trailer or something.

Also a note to all h8ters: GTFO.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]Geez, some PC gamers are a bit too "sour".DanielDust

Never played prelude, but saying that Portal is trash is pushing it. Give credit where credit is due, specially since portal is the foundation of the mod.
ShadowsRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ShadowsRunner
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]Geez, some PC gamers are a bit too "sour".Dante2710

Never played prelude, but saying that Portal is trash is pushing it. Give credit where credit is due, specially since portal is the foundation of the mod.

Yeah dude don't bash it so much. Although I could only managed to bring myself to play it once, it was at least a somewhat amazing experience that you won't find anywhere else. I mean come on, what other game would let you run around a lab with a gun shooting out magic portals and a voice stalking you and wanting to kill you?
Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts

I really enjoyed Portal. I hadn't played it for a lonnng time after getting the Orange Box. One afternoon, I decided to try it out for a few minutes for sh*** and giggles and ended up playing it through in one sitting. Nothing really all to special about it, but the gameplay was unique and fresh.

Not really sure how they can do a sequel, but I will look forward to it regardless.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DanielDust
Portal isn't an original concept, it was a mod before Valve made it a full game and that's the problem in Portal, nobody is trying to kill you, there is no one there, only Glados and "she" wasn't really scary, actually she was the only funny thing in the game. Portal Prelude fixes that critical problem, you actually feel like you're being watched, you see other people in the labs, voices, it actually has an atmosphere compared to Portal.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
http://kotaku.com/5486758/ I'm excited.
Treytastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Treytastic
I realize the whole point of portal is strategy, but if they maybe added some weapons or stealth and gave it a real-world feel I think this sequal has some potential.
MrBoxhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MrBoxhead
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Multiplayer co-op FTW
blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts
I like the whole feeling of being alone with this one voice knowing everything you do is awsome, loved destroying Glados then finding out shes Still Alive
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
Cool. Portal is the only Valve game I care about at all. I only hope the second one has some length to it.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
I realize the whole point of portal is strategy, but if they maybe added some weapons or stealth and gave it a real-world feel I think this sequal has some potential.Treytastic
Yeah, if there's one thing Valve needs to do more of it's first person shooters.
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

I am very excited. Portal was a great game and i love the way it is connected to the HL universe. I will definitely get this one. The gameplay is awesome, the humor is great and the atmosphere was interesting. And i don't want Portal to become just a regular shooter like lots of people on this topic want it to be. I want it to continue being a puzzle game.

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

Portal was an awesome puzzle game. For all the haters wanting it to be some kind of sci-fi horror shooter, you have a giant list of games to choose from. So leave portal be. Let it stay a fun and simple puzzle game with humor.

Avatar image for TheWhiteRabbit0
TheWhiteRabbit0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 TheWhiteRabbit0
What do you make new in a game like that? different maps and colors?
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
That's nice.