Steam Download Trouble

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MADKLOWN8480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MADKLOWN8480
Member since 2009 • 231 Posts

Hey guys I just purchased my first steam game and am unfortunately not enjoying the experience. The game, Torchlight, has finished downloading and is updating but the download bar at the bottom of the application window reads almost full and it automatically pauses the download making it impossible for me to resume. I figure this might be because of the recent holiday sale their servers may be full but it did download the whole game and stop at this single point. Any help? I really want to play :p.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

if it is completely downloaded, but dont register (something I have not heard about, but is possible I think) try deleting the game, and reinstall it, it is a bit annoying but it should fix anything.

If the game has done something like 99% completed and stalled, it may entirely be because the servers are overloaded, wait, or press resume a few time usually does the trick. it depends on the area you live in.

Oh reread your post, it is updating :\ Give it a bit of time, sadly the holiday sales, are the time of year where the Steam servers are crying.

MADKLOWN8480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MADKLOWN8480
Member since 2009 • 231 Posts
Ok thank you. I figured it was probably the servers :p
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

From my experience when the download glitched like that.... If I was lucky it would fix after I rebooted my PC and unpause the game, and hit the "resume all/suspend all" button that's above.

If none of that worked, I'd try the verify game cache' button (located in properties of each game in one of the Tabs). Takes a while for it to complete.

If none of the above worked... then I'd pretty much uninstall the game and redownload it. But, first it's may be worth to try copying the game directory to another location. (game will be in Steam/steamapps/common/). Then uninstall the game through Steam. Reboot. Start the Install. Pause the download. Exit Steam. Move the game directory back in it's proper place. Restart steam.... and unpause the download.

I don't know what causes Steam to glitch up and stop at 99%, but it happens....