Steam credit card issues

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
Hi all, I purchased Prototype for myself this morning about an hour later a friend asked if I could purchase it for him as a gift. I agreed and went through the process but I got the following message back; Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company. Note that in some cases, your credit card company may put a 'hold' on funds in your account, but you will not be charged. After reviewing the information below, if you believe your card has been declined in error please try your purchase again. I've tried a few more times through the day only to get that message every time. I just got off the phone from my credit card company and they've told me there are no holds or issues with my card. So I guess I'm asking has anyone else seen this today, and could it just be the Steam credit card servers are being hammered? Cheers
fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 fudgeblood
Member since 2008 • 3165 Posts
This happens to me sometimes, I just wait about an hour and try again or restart Steam.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Make sure your the information your are giving to Steam is correct. Had this happened to me when i put the wrong month for the expiration date.
CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CellAnimation
That's the weird thing my CC details are saved. So 1 purchased worked, the next didn't with exactly the same details.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
That's the weird thing my CC details are saved. So 1 purchased worked, the next didn't with exactly the same details.CellAnimation
Try purchasing it again for your friend then.
CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CellAnimation
[QUOTE="CellAnimation"]That's the weird thing my CC details are saved. So 1 purchased worked, the next didn't with exactly the same details.Dante2710

Yeah I've tried like 5 times, I get the same message every time. It's very weird.
fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 fudgeblood
Member since 2008 • 3165 Posts
[QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="CellAnimation"]That's the weird thing my CC details are saved. So 1 purchased worked, the next didn't with exactly the same details.CellAnimation

Yeah I've tried like 5 times, I get the same message every time. It's very weird.

Have you tried manually entering the info instead of it automatically doing it?
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
Do you have paypal? Try using that instead.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Happens to me too. It takes days to get back to normal sometimes.

If you're using PayPal, you need to have enough money to buy the game at full price even when it's on sale! Stupid, I know.

Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

I used to get that problem. I changed to Paypal and its been fantastic ever sinse. Their Billing Servers are just twitchy with CC's

Steam123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Steam123
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
yes i have seen this i tryed so many times and message keeps comming up i was buying cod4 and message comes up
Steam123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Steam123
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
i got it today and it annoys me so much,but i found a way make sure your exarity date or i don't know what you call it,make sure it's on the right time because if it's 1920 it will not work
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

i got it today and it annoys me so much,but i found a way make sure your exarity date or i don't know what you call it,make sure it's on the right time because if it's 1920 it will not workSteam123
reported for double thread necromancy