Starcraft II price drops?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts

Is there anywhere where the price is atleast 10 dollars down, if you cant think of anything its ok. Im getting the game nonetheless

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

It went down 100kr in sweden :p

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

It wasn't even released yet and you want a promotional price? :P

Unfortunately for you, absolutely not , not at this time, you should have pre-ordered it 3 months ago when it was even 40$ in some places.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kris9031998

Unfortunately for you, absolutely not , not at this time, you should have pre-ordered it 3 months ago when it was even 40$ in some places.

DanielDust
Read KalDurenik's comment lol
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

kris9031998

Read KalDurenik's comment lol

Well maybe in Sweden the price was higher than 60$, because in Europe $ =/= €, but Starcraft does sell for 60$ in most places here in Europe.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KalDurenik

The price for Sc2 normal edition is... 425 swedish kronor...

so give or take 42.5 euro (its abit less then that i know but still).

cow_whisperer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cow_whisperer
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts

UK Amazon is selling sc2 (normal and collectors) for £10 off RRP so I imagine it's similiar for US Amazon

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kris9031998

UK Amazon is selling sc2 (normal and collectors) for £10 off RRP so I imagine it's similiar for US Amazon

cow_whisperer
No, just free shipping.
Nino_ze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Nino_ze
Member since 2008 • 368 Posts

In Bosnia the game costs 120 KM, that's around 55 dollars

Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

Check gogamer.com once the game releases

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

$70 CAD, I went bug-eyed. That's more expensive than a lot of console games... I'm still lookin around for a good deal. edit: Just saw I can trade in two select games for Starcraft II at Rogers Plus... I'll choose from the multitude of console games I buy and never really play or bother to finish :D

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

$70 CAD, I went bug-eyed. That's more expensive than a lot of console games... I'm still lookin around for a good deal. edit: Just saw I can trade in two select games for Starcraft II at Rogers Plus... I'll choose from the multitude of console games I buy and never really play or bother to finish :D

MyopicCanadian
where is it $70 canadian? Its 59.99 everywhere I looked.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
$80-$99 in AUS....so stop complaining about $10 please...
Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
I seriously doubt you are going to find any good prices until a while after launch.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]

TerrorRizzing

Is it? Amazon.ca has it at that price
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

$80-$99 in AUS....so stop complaining about $10 please...FelipeInside
Last time I checked, the minimum wage was almost twice that of the US. So, please, stop posting this comment in every single $60 game thread when you actually have to work LESS to purchase the game.

TC, I wouldn't doubt that you could fine Starcraft 2 for $50 after a few weeks. It'll just take a quite of bit of searching. I also thought FRY's had a ton of deals on day of release games.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"] Is it? Amazon.ca has it at that price

Bestbuy.ca has it for $59.99 and a $5 pre-order discount. It's about $63 with HST. The shipping is free in my area code, I don't know if it's free everywhere else.
coolmonkeykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 coolmonkeykid
Member since 2004 • 3276 Posts
$40 with free shipping at dell.com but then again, its dell.com I'm hoping amazon or walmart or someone price matches.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]$80-$99 in AUS....so stop complaining about $10 please...Swiftstrike5

Last time I checked, the minimum wage was almost twice that of the US. So, please, stop posting this comment in every single $60 game thread when you actually have to work LESS to purchase the game.

TC, I wouldn't doubt that you could fine Starcraft 2 for $50 after a few weeks. It'll just take a quite of bit of searching. I also thought FRY's had a ton of deals on day of release games.

Minimum wage twice that of US..... right, yeah, we live in RICH Land here.... With minimum wage you barely manage to pay the rent and buy food, let alone buy 2 or 3 $99 games x month....
MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
There will be a price drop on the original game when they release the next campaign.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]$80-$99 in AUS....so stop complaining about $10 please...FelipeInside

Minimum wage twice that of US..... right, yeah, we live in RICH Land here.... With minimum wage you barely manage to pay the rent and buy food, let alone buy 2 or 3 $99 games x month....

Yeah right.

Minimum wage in Australia - $14.31

Minimum wage in the US - $7.25

Where you barely pay the rent, we cannot pay it. So seriously, stop preaching how much it costs down under.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]$80-$99 in AUS....so stop complaining about $10 please...FelipeInside

I'm not going to compare every economic aspect of each country because I don't have the knowledge/time. If you want to say $10 extra isn't a lot for someone else then you HAVE to compare everything. There's just no way anyone could understand the economic conditions of someone else posting on this forum without extensive knowledge, so I would ask you to kindly stop posting assumptions about how $10 is nothing in comparison to what you pay. Some people might not want to pay the extra $10 on principles, you just don't know.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"] Last time I checked, the minimum wage was almost twice that of the US. So, please, stop posting this comment in every single $60 game thread when you actually have to work LESS to purchase the game.

Swiftstrike5

I'm not going to compare every economic aspect of each country because I don't have the knowledge/time. If you want to say $10 extra isn't a lot for someone else then you HAVE to compare everything. There's just no way anyone could understand the economic conditions of someone else posting on this forum without extensive knowledge, so I would ask you to kindly stop posting assumptions about how $10 is nothing in comparison to what you pay.

All I am going to say is, if you can't afford it, you shouldn't be buying it. You obviously have more important things to spend your money on.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"] Last time I checked, the minimum wage was almost twice that of the US. So, please, stop posting this comment in every single $60 game thread when you actually have to work LESS to purchase the game.

Johnny_Rock

Yeah right.

Where you barely pay the rent, we cannot pay it. So seriously, stop preaching how much it costs down under.

Did you take into account the price of rent/groceries everything in comparison to US....?
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"]

I'm just curious. Is the cost of living there much higher than U.S.? What's the average rent for a 1 bedroom 1 bath? Twice the minimum wage of US, so you guys make like $14-15 per hour? Not bad but if cost of living is higher than it's not that good either way. I'm struggling to just buy 2-3 games a month brand new as well, although I dont have the time to play that many games so it works out for me. 1 new game a month, or every now and then when I really have to have a game.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

Elian2530

I'm just curious. Is the cost of living there much higher than U.S.? What's the average rent for a 1 bedroom 1 bath? Twice the minimum wage of US, so you guys make like $14-15 per hour? Not bad but if cost of living is higher than it's not that good either way. I'm struggling to just buy 2-3 games a month brand new as well, although I dont have the time to play that many games so it works out for me. 1 new game a month, or every now and then when I really have to have a game.

I'm not complaining or nothing, but Australia IS one of the most expensive countries in the world.

A rental property here is about $300 per week (2 bedroom, small)... but in the past 5 years everything has gone skyhigh with prices....

If anyone really wants to read about the cost of living in OZ: http://www.expatforum.com/articles/cost-of-living/cost-of-living-in-australia.html

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DanielDust
[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Minimum wage twice that of US..... right, yeah, we live in RICH Land here.... With minimum wage you barely manage to pay the rent and buy food, let alone buy 2 or 3 $99 games x month....FelipeInside

Yeah right.

Did you take into account the price of rent/groceries everything in comparison to US....?

Why would he? I don't know what people are thinking when they write with such ignorance. Nobody is rich, Europe has a higher minimum wage, does that mean we're living without any problems and throwing money out the window? higher minimum wage = higher taxes, higher prices... If you can't pay your rent then some random guy from Germany or w/e with a similar situation wouldn't be able to either.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]

Yeah right.

DanielDust

Why would he? I don't know what people are thinking when they write with such ignorance. Nobody is rich, Europe has a higher minimum wage, does that mean we're living without any problems and throwing money out the window? higher minimum wage = higher taxes, higher prices... If you can't pay your rent then some random guy from Germany or w/e with a similar situation wouldn't be able to either.

What I am trying to say is that here in AUS for some reason they tax games more than other countries.... I don't know why, maybe cause we are far away for imports....

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DanielDust
Most likely because of the shipping and number of copies, a lot more copies = lower shipping cost, then it all comes down to VAT. You can only send so many copies in a place where it gets distributed in only a few certain spots, unlike huge continents that you can send let's say 100 million copies at one end and just spread them throughout the continent maybe send them to a few countries from another (Europe and Asia for example or NA and South America).
JAYSC81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JAYSC81
Member since 2007 • 296 Posts

K-Mart got deal going on if you buy SC2 you get $20 credit you can use for future purchase in store only.

Starcraft 2 PC - 7-27 through 7-31, $20 Gaming Coupon extended through Holiday

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264039

JAYSC81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JAYSC81
Member since 2007 • 296 Posts

I will probably buy it there and then turn around and buy WoW 60 day game card for $10 pretty good deal.

STAR_Admiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 STAR_Admiral
Member since 2006 • 1119 Posts
[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"][QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]

MyopicCanadian

Is it? Amazon.ca has it at that price

Its 54.99 At Future shop and free shipping.
mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

I love these threads. Seems like any forum posters from any country that shares the name DOLLAR on their currancy thinks that $1 US = $1 CAD = $1 AUS.

From my experiences, the only people that have a right to complain are the EU people because they seem to get screwed the most on game prices....or maybe thats just Steam prices, who knows.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DanielDust

I love these threads. Seems like any forum posters from any country that shares the name DOLLAR on their currancy thinks that $1 US = $1 CAD = $1 AUS.

From my experiences, the only people that have a right to complain are the EU people because they seem to get screwed the most on game prices....or maybe thats just Steam prices, who knows.

mkaliaz
EU prices are high but AU prices are even higher :P.
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KalDurenik

It looks like it have droped even more in sweden now...

8 euros cheaper... From what i wrote above.