Starcraft 2.. Has A new race been confirmed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lord_skillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lord_skillz
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts
Have they confirmed anything about a new race.. Am happy with my protoss, but would like to see a new race
tutukun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tutukun
Member since 2004 • 326 Posts

There won't be any

Q&A said there are no additional race beside the original three 

1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts

Have they confirmed anything about a new race.. Am happy with my protoss, but would like to see a new raceLord_skillz

No, unfortunately. Quite the opposite in fact. Gamespy interview's said there won't be any new races. Oh well, Terran/Zerg/Protoss are good enough for me. However, it's been stated that both Xel'Naga and Hybrid will be in the Single-player game in one form or another. 

regulesblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#4 regulesblade
Member since 2005 • 2910 Posts
There may be hybrid races within one group like infested Terrans.
NoRemnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 NoRemnants
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts

[QUOTE="Lord_skillz"]Have they confirmed anything about a new race.. Am happy with my protoss, but would like to see a new race1carus

No, unfortunately. Quite the opposite in fact. Gamespy interview's said there won't be any new races. Oh well, Terran/Zerg/Protoss are good enough for me. However, it's been stated that both Xel'Naga and Hybrid will be in the Single-player game in one form or another.

It was never stated that they would be in the single player.

Yes they said that there wouldn't be a fourth race but.. how would you respond to that question if you were trying to keep it under wraps? You wouldn't confirm it... you would try to deny it. 

ahdotx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ahdotx
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

thats a BIG boo boo :(

Come to think of it balancing the 3 races are hard enough not to mention a new race.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

I would love to see the mini races (sub races). You know like the Naga or Dranei in Warcraft 3. Neither was a full race, but at some point in the single-player and custome games you were able to play as or with them. This allowed them to put in more "races" without having to mess with all the balancing issues because you can't use them as main races in melee.

The same thing goes for Starcraft. One thing that makes Starcraft stand out even in todays RTSs is that it is still probably the most balanced RTS to date. Now i don't count the AoE games as being balanced because each race uses the same units. Now Starcraft has all individual, unique units but they are so balanced it is amazing. Adding new races would make the balancing much harder and probably would break it. I mean look at Warcraft 3... Instead of balancing it completely they decided to create two almost identical races for balancing. You have the Human/Elf (cheap, fact, weak) and you have the Orc/Undead (expensive, slow, strong). While they have individual units, they are still based on eachother. So instead of making four completely unique races they created mabye 2 to 3 unique races.

Starcraft just need more units and, or some mini races.

Brendonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Brendonius
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts
Read the SC2 Q&A article on Gamespot and there you will read that there is NO 4th race!